Dr Jessica Taylor #8 'Allo 'Allo - it's the tall poppy with the big boobies!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can’t get my head around how she can so confidently market her ‘tips for parenting’ when she knows and knows that others know she isn’t fully responsible for parenting her kids.
This is why she's doing it. She monitors what people write about her online and is very invested in other people's opinions, so as @Jessterday said, this will be a response to critical posts in this thread. Former VictimFocus staff have described a team meeting where Jessica was ceremoniously presented with a print-out of flattering comments left on social media, and another occasion when staff were pushed to pay for a spa day for her because she was upset over negative online reactions to her 'work'. She'll be needing to soothe her ego after reading the criticism, and what better way to do it than by soliciting compliments about her parenting from her fan club? She will also be keen to convince the fans that she is a full-time/primary caregiver, using her usual strategy of lying by omission. Finally, I wouldn't be surprised if she saw that post as being so wise and insightful that we would all be left speechless with jealous awe. 🙄 One of these days she will probably repackage it as a sassy clever clapback to "bitter homophobic feminists who told me I couldn't be a parent at the same time as being a lesbian/a business owner/a world-leading researcher!". Or something.

Reactions: 10
I just can’t get my head around how she can so confidently market her ‘tips for parenting’ when she knows and knows that others know she isn’t fully responsible for parenting her kids. I can just imagine if it was the father putting out this sort of parenting advice,
Teenagers are complex, it’s such a difficult time, with hormones, school & life pressures etc. I’ve got a teenage boy and I honestly feel these years are harder than the toddler ones! I’ve known people who could, take time off for the teenage years, similar to maternity leave!
Swanning around on holiday / tours of Australia with your young wife does not fit with good parenting for me. Imagine if it was a man taking his new, younger wife & co worker overseas for a couple of months like this and then selling ‘parenting advice’!
It seems that Jaimi also does a lot of the ‘parenting’ and frequently refers to the kids as ‘their kids’.I think J & J are deluding themselves if they think teenage boys are happy and comfortable with Jaimi ( only 10 years older) being referred to as their parent. Also deluding themselves if they think their teenagers aren’t on social media and are rational and responsive children. Wait until the ‘FIFA rage’ kicks in - although, of course, her boys are probably sat reading feminist literature and not on PlayStations / YouTube etc 😂

Parenting tip number 6: ‘Teach them that lying will always get them in more trouble than being honest’ 😂 Oh dear!
Teenagers are 100% more difficult than toddlers.

I think most people would assume they live with her, as that's the social norm.
---
"Don't bully your children".

Thanks Jess, that never occurred to me until now.
---
Having worked with child services for years, nothing she's said is new or incitement. She's like the bored panda of trauma, creating 'new' content by just cutting and pasting lots of different bits of content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think back to her sharing a picturd on twitter of her teenage son holding a banner saying something like victory. This was in the context of the BPS' outcome following SA's raising a complaint. To present it as victory was distasteful given the qualifier from BPS about how process could have been more robust on consent. But to involve her teenage boy in this.......

Not sure how this fits with protecting her kids on SM, keeping them shielded from her work or how it's better to always tell the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think back to her sharing a picturd on twitter of her teenage son holding a banner saying something like victory. This was in the context of the BPS' outcome following SA's raising a complaint. To present it as victory was distasteful given the qualifier from BPS about how process could have been more robust on consent. But to involve her teenage boy in this.......

Not sure how this fits with protecting her kids on SM, keeping them shielded from her work or how it's better to always tell the truth.
In fairness, although the victory banner was distasteful, it wasn't her son holding it, it was taken from a still from the the mockumentary sitcom This Country...

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That is appalling. She is clueless and bloody dangerous. Does she get off on the power of potentially having blood on her hands? 😡

Reactions: 5
Jess Taylor sitting on an IWD panel for the Independent. Her agent must be in over drive.

I wonder how her co panellists feel about it?
Love how they use "chartered psychologist" as if it's some guarantee of expertise when what it actually means is you have a minimum of professional knowledge (a 2:2 undergraduate degree plus some postgrad-level study) and have paid for membership of an industry body. And given the WhatsApp groups at VF, I sincerely hope she's not going to preach about the controversy over police making misogynistic comments in private social media groups

Reactions: 11
JFC, she’s telling women on antidepressants that the reason they work is all in their head and they don’t need them. I hope she’s going to take responsibility for any consequences of her ‘followers’ stopping their meds suddenly. This is dangerous and irresponsible.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I honestly don’t think that consequences or responsibility comes into her head. Power and control are her priorities. Anyone who gets harmed is collateral damage in her pursuit of getting her needs fulfilled.

Reactions: 7
Oh FFS. There’s is an overprescribing of antidepressants and they have some dodgy side effects BUT, if someone’s telling you they work DO NOT tell them it’s all in their head and they don’t work.
Yet again showing her lack of qualifications/experience.
Also the irony of “it’s all in you head” mantra.

She’s conflating two different things. Yes there is evidence that reduced serotonin isn’t the cause of depression. But that doesn’t mean ADs don’t work. They don’t really know why they work but people do better on them than they do on placebos. That’s my understanding of the research anyway.

I’m not a doctor and nor do I pretend to be. Unlike fraudster Jess.

A recent meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials demonstrates that antidepressants overwhelmingly outperform placebo. I no longer have Facebook, but here is a link to the research summary if anyone wants to counter that misinformation: https://www.psych.ox.ac.uk/news/all...ng-acute-depression-in-adults-concludes-study

The meta-analysis itself is published open access.

I won't even get into the irony of the supposed champion of anti-pathologisation telling a woman that her experiences are "all in her head". Instead I'm wondering if she's noticed the inconsistency of her own thinking. Antidepressants don't work and a kitten dies every time you take one, but they also have such a strong placebo effect that "they work because you expect them to". Even though they don't work. That's a remarkably square circle you've got there, Jess.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Another insightful rant:

- Clearly about her
- Groups herself with celebrities from the off
- It does seem strange that she hasn’t at least acknowledged what’s going on
- Nobody expects her to be an expert on the Middle East
- She often does step in and comment on areas she ‘knows duck all about’

Attachments

JFC, she’s telling women on antidepressants that the reason they work is all in their head and they don’t need them. I hope she’s going to take responsibility for any consequences of her ‘followers’ stopping their meds suddenly. This is dangerous and irresponsible.
She’s literally gaslighting this poor woman

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She's been careful in how she words it. She's used 'you' which could be singular or could be generic, as in people.

She's been careful not to talk directly to the women, while still discussing her situation.

Usually when someone contradicts her, she ignores them, but she chose to reply to this person because she's vulnerable and not an academic arguing with her.

She makes me sick.

• Heart
Screenshot 2024-02-27 100315.png

Because there is a huge difference between normal divergence of opinion vs someone who actively threatens/attacks your way of life?

I'm bisexual, so I won't be friends with a raging homophobe. I'm mixed race, so I won't be friends with a white supremacist. I don't think anyone should be forced to go through pregnancy and birth, so I won't be friends with an anti-abortion activist. Conversely, I hate the way many cyclists behave on the road but I could be friends with one who's a normal person and cycles sensibly. I think recycling is pointless when we've got factories pumping gallons of crap into the atmosphere every day, but I could be friends with someone who really cares about recyling. So yes, Jess, it does depend. If she thinks she could have a wonderful friendship with someone who believes lesbians should be executed for being gay, or women should be forced to live as they do in some countries where they can't leave the house unless fully covered and with a male chaperone, that's fine. But it probably doesn't appeal to most people

Reactions: 13
There is never any nuance or areas of grey with Jess, it’s all black or white. Amusing that she takes this stance when it’s quite clear that you either agree with everything she says or you’re her enemy.

I saw she did a big love declaration for Jaimi yesterday. I can’t get my head around someone using their professional account in this way. It just made me think it was lovebombing following a period of devaluation to keep her in that trauma bond or was a dig at someone who would be reading it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
View attachment 2783074

Because there is a huge difference between normal divergence of opinion vs someone who actively threatens/attacks your way of life?

I'm bisexual, so I won't be friends with a raging homophobe. I'm mixed race, so I won't be friends with a white supremacist. I don't think anyone should be forced to go through pregnancy and birth, so I won't be friends with an anti-abortion activist. Conversely, I hate the way many cyclists behave on the road but I could be friends with one who's a normal person and cycles sensibly. I think recycling is pointless when we've got factories pumping gallons of crap into the atmosphere every day, but I could be friends with someone who really cares about recyling. So yes, Jess, it does depend. If she thinks she could have a wonderful friendship with someone who believes lesbians should be executed for being gay, or women should be forced to live as they do in some countries where they can't leave the house unless fully covered and with a male chaperone, that's fine. But it probably doesn't appeal to most people
What she really means is that everyone should be clamouring to be her friend because she's amazing, and if they're not it's because they're unreasonable.

Meanwhile, she's free to treat people who don't give her the worship she's due however she likes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.