Dr Jessica Taylor #7 Unexpected ITIM in the Bragging Area

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh dear, this didn’t go down well. She displays her grandiosity, sense of exceptionalism and entitlement.

Don’t get me wrong - self belief and confidence are important, especially for girls and women. This list goes beyond that (‘thinking you are brilliant’?!) and it’s picked up by several commenters.

This isn’t about psychology, or feminism (these individualist, self focussed goals are not feminist). This is about Jessica feeling special and her frustration that others do not see it.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
the only thing that stops me from needing to scream into a pillow when i see her idiotic misinformed tweets is the fact that she is basically shouting into the void as her engagement is sooooo low

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh dear, this didn’t go down well. She displays her grandiosity, sense of exceptionalism and entitlement.

Don’t get me wrong - self belief and confidence are important, especially for girls and women. This list goes beyond that (‘thinking you are brilliant’?!) and it’s picked up by several commenters.

This isn’t about psychology, or feminism (these individualist, self focussed goals are not feminist). This is about Jessica feeling special and her frustration that others do not see it.
She gets worse by the day

Reactions: 2

What a load of rubbish. Again completely misinterpreting diagnostic criteria. Not to mention that there are issues with diagnostic criteria (and it's not these), that have been pointed out by many for a long time. She's so poorly read that she thinks every thought she has is an original one and she's so narcissistic she can only see her own "brilliance". It's embarrassing. I've been with her in places before and she's always the loudest, over exaggerated gestures, centre of attention. She'll put that down to her stokie roots but it's not, it's her having absolutely no self awareness or consideration of others, her impact on others, and a desperate need to be in the limelight.

Reactions: 6
I think the interaction on that post is interesting because most people are saying a lot of those things are reason for concern, and many are saying they fit in with a narcissist label. These seem to be her supporters as well--so not the 'trolls' she usually blames opposite views on. It's obvious she expected the usual fawning 'yeah the patriarchy hates us for loving ourselves'. Maybe that might start making the penny drop with her, that her self obsession and grandiosity is misplaced and narcissistic, although I won't hold my breath on that score....

She's conveniently forgotten these traits, when part of a diagnosable personality disorder, also go hand in hand with an unreasonably high sense of self-importance, requiring constant, excessive admiration. Feeling deserving of privileges and special treatment. Expecting to be recognized as superior, even without achievements. Making achievements and talents seem bigger than they are. A pattern of self-centred, arrogant thinking with a lack of empathy or regard for the feelings of others...

Can't imagine why she'd be offended by any of this. There is a vast difference between healthy self esteem and grandiose narcissism.

She's conveniently forgotten these traits, when part of a diagnosable personality disorder, also go hand in hand with an unreasonably high sense of self-importance, requiring constant, excessive admiration. Feeling deserving of privileges and special treatment. Expecting to be recognized as superior, even without achievements. Making achievements and talents seem bigger than they are. A pattern of self-centred, arrogant thinking with a lack of empathy or regard for the feelings of others...

Can't imagine why she'd be offended by any of this. There is a vast difference between healthy self esteem and grandiose narcissism.
The fact she can't tell the difference is very telling...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Maybe in the next diagnostic book they can just have a photo of her next to grandiose narcissism. She’s the perfect case study.

• Haha
I find this post problematic because, although she's not saying outright that it's OK to think like this (she will never use vague language so she can say 'I never said that'), it definitely comes across that way, and the actions and beliefs she's describing are often attributed to perpetrators of DV.

Quite a few people in the comments have said this, and that these sort of things were used against them in DV.

She's basically telling people to ignore red flags, like she has done often before, like when she posted that people should ignore if people say negative things about their partner.

Not only does it further evidence she has never worked directly in DV but also makes it feel like she doesn't even care about helping women out of DV and is even going to the length of encouraging them to ignore red flags just because she has some sort of vendetta against whoever once said all this about her and can't let it go, despite all the constant work she does on herself.
---
That post about the 2yr old on the plane has been bothering me too, she talks endlessly about being trauma informed, and then makes jokes about plane crashes, not caring about the many, many people who have a fear of flying or may have experienced flying related trauma.

I have a lot of experience of working in vwag and you would always be very careful not to joke about things that others could find upsetting, especially obvious things like being in a plane crash and dying with a 2yr old sat next to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She's basically telling people to ignore red flags, like she has done often before, like when she posted that people should ignore if people say negative things about their partner.

Not only does it further evidence she has never worked directly in DV but also makes it feel like she doesn't even care about helping women out of DV and is even going to the length of encouraging them to ignore red flags just because she has some sort of vendetta against whoever once said all this about her and can't let it go, despite all the constant work she does on herself.
I always think posts like this are aimed at the people in her life who might be questioning her behaviour. Whilst Jaimi was young, vulnerable, and probably quite naive, she is not stupid. I think a post like this every now and then is aimed at reducing any concerns that might be growing. I just hope that Jaimi is reading and taking in the comments too as that’s exactly what this is. A DA perpetrator trying to make their partner feel inadequate, grateful to be with them and to remain under their control.

Reactions: 7
I always think posts like this are aimed at the people in her life who might be questioning her behaviour. Whilst Jaimi was young, vulnerable, and probably quite naive, she is not stupid. I think a post like this every now and then is aimed at reducing any concerns that might be growing. I just hope that Jaimi is reading and taking in the comments too as that’s exactly what this is. A DA perpetrator trying to make their partner feel inadequate, grateful to be with them and to remain under their control.
When I was at the point of VictimFocus as the wool was rapidly falling from my eyes, it became clear how many of Jessica's "random" musings online weren't random at all, but aimed at people she felt under attack from, and/or people who she wanted to believe a narrative she'd constructed.

Reactions: 13
It seems many of the streams of consciousness/world leading insights are to emasculate (😏) or neutralise criticism (emerging or existing) or lobby for a contentious position.

I've seen many with large platforms swipe & snipe at those they perceive to be in opposition or a threat to their self image. But it's very unsubtle and the playbook is obvious. The problem for some like this is that although they might be the big fish the pool is very shallow. Many secretly long to be admired by those laughing at them & they never will be as the way they seek the attention turns these people off. It's sad really.

It makes me think of arrested development - toddler like questioning & sense of self -what if? /but why? and I'm the best.

Reactions: 5
I find this post problematic because, although she's not saying outright that it's OK to think like this (she will never use vague language so she can say 'I never said that'), it definitely comes across that way, and the actions and beliefs she's describing are often attributed to perpetrators of DV.

Quite a few people in the comments have said this, and that these sort of things were used against them in DV.

---
That post about the 2yr old on the plane has been bothering me too, she talks endlessly about being trauma informed, and then makes jokes about plane crashes, not caring about the many, many people who have a fear of flying or may have experienced flying related trauma.

I have a lot of experience of working in vwag and you would always be very careful not to joke about things that others could find upsetting, especially obvious things like being in a plane crash and dying with a 2yr old sat next to you.
‘She’s basically telling people to ignore red flags’

Spot on. And very concerning, as you say, about her lack of basic knowledge of dv.

The more I see of her posts the more I realise how little she really knows / understands about the basics of vawg work and theory (I’m a veteran myself). Put that together with her chronic Dunning Kruger, grandiosity, self obsession and large following and you have a very problematic public figure.

• Heart

You are a white western woman, and at that an incredibly entitled and self-absorbed one. You are the last person in the world who should be talking about "individualism" and you do not have a clue what it's like to be from a non-western society (as evidenced by your reductive and stereotypical ideas about "psychiatry is a western problem")

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The arrogance of her thinking she is the expert on absolutely everything due to amazing brain.

So she wants a new wave of feminism based (I assume soley) on her teachings.

Like a cult.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
She seriously does have her head up her own arse…..feminists already advocate for this.
********NEWSFLASH JESS***********
You are NOT the messiah
Oh . Yet again showing she doesn’t actually do any research.
or she does, then claims it’s all her own ideas.

also, she’s again missing the point of diagnoses and medication being ok and good for some. She’s missing the point of Individualised care

So she wants a new wave of feminism based (I assume soley) on her teachings.

Like a cult.
Oh . Yet again showing she doesn’t actually do any research.
or she does, then claims it’s all her own ideas.

also, she’s again missing the point of diagnoses and medication being ok and good for some. She’s missing the point of Individualised care
I reckon she was pissed when she posted it. It’s like a scene from a Monty python film so she’s practising her comedy sketches and I have to admit they are good as it made me proper belly laugh 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She seriously does have her head up her own arse…..feminists already advocate for this.
********NEWSFLASH JESS***********
You are NOT the messiah
Blessed are the crisp eaters
Not the messiah (she's a very silly girl)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.