Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not your fault. I can't even imagine what she must have been like to work for. I don't think anyone could have foreseen how far she would go with this. I just hope all this will hopefully prevent others being sucked in by her.

So the ICO say I have to give her a month to respond. I have to make an appointment with CAB to go to Trading Standards. Is there anyone else I can complain to? I guess the BPS is pointless.
Always worth BPS again as a case will build. Same with places like Action Fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If she’s data mining or even holding peoples data she should be registered with the ICO with a registration number.

Reactions: 11
Yes the interactive one is the one I took. Here's some of the questions

Write about the grooming tactics that were used against you.

What did I think feel and do when the abuse was happening to me?

Are there any life events that have triggered you?

Write about your own experiences of victim blaming?

Write a letter to the younger version of yourself.

How has sexual trauma impacted your sex life?

Write about the intimate contact you do and do not enjoy.

Write about your own personal opinions of the term survivor or victim.
This just reads like the reflective journals she charges £18 for. So much is just a rehashed version of something else.

Reactions: 7
I still cant believe you can do a phd without a masters? Maybe I'm dumb but I always thought the next step from an undergrad would be the postgrad and then if you wanted to go further, you do the phd? Maybe thats why her phd was so tit? because she skipped the postgrad that would have taught her a bit more.
The absolute ego to go from an undergrad to a phd :LOL::ROFLMAO: She really thought she was smarter than everyone. I suppose its a good job she's not doing something like nursing. Imagine her ego with that?!

Also, my random thoughts about all this had me thinking. Imagine Jess has been through her abuse and is traumatised. Traumatised to the point where she develops a personality disorder. Or, she already had a personality disorder and the trauma just triggered it even more. She goes to UoB who tell her so and shes in complete denial. She doesnt have a personality disorder and she's going to prove you all wrong. The way she goes about things, with her opinions and her books and her arguing with everyone that doesnt agree with her, and if you don't love her and tell her shes amazing then its because you're a jealous homophobe - its like shes trying to argue with the pros that personality disorders arent real, and if they arent real, then how can she have one?! And she uses other peoples diagnoses as a way to shove her opinions in everyones faces because X was raped as a teenager and now she has bipolar, but its not bipolar - its just trauma. Y has ADHD & they experienced domestic violence - but it's not ADHD - it's just trauma. Z has autism and was abused as a child - guess what guys, you dont have a neurological disorder that you are born with - it's just trauma!

duck me she's delusional.
In fairness, it's really not that unusual to go straight from an undergrad degree to a PhD, especially if you are self-funded/student loan funded. I would imagine if you saw your strengths in qualitative research, you would probably do qualitative research for your undergrad dissertation and then submit a research proposal which also used qualitative research, as she did, to a supervisor of your choice with experience in your chosen field. I never seen her produce any quantitative research just a few very basic, dubious stats like her laughable 97% of females reportedly experiencing sexual assault/violence, or whatever it was---although given her 'sample' was purely made up of women who had been subject to sexual assault/violence that should really have been 100%--she must have just knocked off 3% purposely to avoid people looking at her sampling method! Any, I digress--the point is if you are self funded you could design your study as you like. It is much more difficult to get a funded PhD. It's still possible to straight to PhD but without a Master's you would have to have very good research skills and would probably have to incorporate Master's level research modules. For instance if you successfully get on an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) funded PhD, if you haven't got one of their approved Master's (approved because they contain the requisite research skills) then you would have to do their 1+3 courses, which is a 1 year Master's in research followed by the 3 year PhD. Then you would have an excellent, rounded knowledge of academic research methods.

I think it'll be something new age. It'll be about the moon or alternative therapies. She'll be selling retreats and ointments. I bet one of the books will be about alternative therapies. Which will be her answer to being anti med.
Yes and even less scrutiny!

Reactions: 4
I do wish we could stop going round in circles on the master’s vs no master’s issue! There’s so many more important issues to discuss and this just isn’t one. Jess is a rubbish, unethical researcher because she chooses to be, not because she didn’t do a master’s degree before her PhD.

Reactions: 20
I do wish we could stop going round in circles on the master’s vs no master’s issue! There’s so many more important issues to discuss and this just isn’t one. Jess is a rubbish, unethical researcher because she chooses to be, not because she didn’t do a master’s degree before her PhD.
I have a friend who went straight to a D.ClinPsy without a Masters and she's the most honest, ethical person I know. Dr Jess could have Masters coming out of her ass, she would still be terrible.

Reactions: 11
So when she refers to herself as a Senior Lecturer is that meant to have been at UoB? Or is that something different? I’m getting confused!

Reactions: 3
So when she refers to herself as a Senior Lecturer is that meant to have been at UoB? Or is that something different? I’m getting confused!
It’s her normal bullshit an academic already confirmed publicly on Twitter she has NEVER been a senior lecturer. I’ve delivered lectures to PhD Psychology students based on my lived experience and undergrads on other degrees but I’m not a lecturer let alone a senior lecturer. I’ve guest lectured.

Reactions: 8
Always worth BPS again as a case will build. Same with places like Action Fraud.
Right off to bed I'm exhausted I've wasted a whole day on this. I've sent a detailed complaint to the BPS and spoke to a solicitor who confirmed she's in breach of contract law and showed me who to report it to so I've done that AND I've spoken to a journalist. If someone doesn't hold this woman to account after all this I give up.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Right off to bed I'm exhausted I've wasted a whole day on this. I've sent a detailed complaint to the BPS and spoke to a solicitor who confirmed she's in breach of contract law and showed me who to report it to so I've done that AND I've spoken to a journalist. If someone doesn't hold this woman to account after all this I give up.
This is the link to report her e learning tit

She said it was Derby and posted a photo of herself at the podium. I followed her on Twitter at that time and was still generally supportive of her work. I was working at a uni not a million miles from Derby and I have contacts in the psychology department there. Not long after Jessica's announcement I was chatting with one of them about the bottleneck at postdoc level, and how difficult it is for junior academics to get their first permanent contract. I mentioned JT in the context of that discussion. Friend didn't know who she was, but she did know there was no such person on the permanent staff at Derby. So it was either a one-off guest lecture she gave or ad hoc hourly paid work.

Re responding to complaints, or requests for refunds, guessing she'll drag it on...when I requested my records from therapy they asked for an additional 30 days...used some bs excuse...she'll probably try buy time so it's excellent that this has been shared om twitter etc imo as she will be seen to be dodging.

Reactions: 5
Also...waiting for her to say that sharing her dodgy clause on her website is doxxing. It's all doxxing.

And taking women's abuse stories and mining them for urself, that's research....somehow? Terrible human being.

That was at Derby. I think she did teach there in some capacity as one of her students now works for her (the one that called us all racist).

It makes complete sense where all those those part time/flexi ‘research assistant’ positions fit in now. They will be the ones churning this data. The problem is that she deliberately marketed those jobs to women on Universal Credit (so think lone parents, people with disabilities) and these are by definition some some of the most vulnerable groups of people. Those least likely to rock the boat because they desperately need the money to survive.

On the face of it, this can be twisted as me having a problem with JT employing marginalised women, and that would entirely be her spin. But it’s far more complicated than that when you put it into context. She’s hideous.

I think that is exactly what happened, although I'm not sure I actually believe that she was a victim of abuse. I think it may have been suggested that she had a personality disorder, and possibly this is what was in the emails at the university and that is how she was able to threaten them with legal action. This is what I mean about backing herself into a corner; she could now come out and say she has been discriminated against because of her mental health disorder, but she has claimed that mental health disorders don't exist, so she can't, without contradicting her life's 'work'. To be honest I do think personality disorders are over diagnosed and it's is a great disservice to people who genuinely have disorders when they are so widely diagnosed...

This is why I believe she would definitely be done under data protection. Lots of very big companies with robust data protection policies in place have been done for data protection issues for things as minor as inadvertently emailing from a personal rather than a work email. They may be a very small company, but the nature of their 'work' means that they should have extra data protection safeguards in place. I mean, the work WhatsApp group breaks all the rules in itself! I just cannot see how she can avoid being done, at the very least, for data protection breaches---there are so many clear breaches that we can all see. I bet she is desperately creating a data protection policy as we speak...
I absolutely do not believe she suffered abuse as a teenager. Her whole life is a huge lie, why would this one aspect be the truth.

I also find the way she talks about abuse weird.
U don't beat the symptoms of trauma, do a victory lap, and gloat that Ur wisdom helped u triumph.

The flashbacks and pain is difficult to overcome, for anyone. When she talks about abuse she sounds like she's boasting and using clinical words, without any detail.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.