Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is a disgusting individual. She purposely operates in an unregulated no-man's land where she targets vulnerable people, but has no accountability to anyone. 'A true, humanistic, trauma-informed approach to mental health won’t make money'? But it's making her plenty of money---maybe she would like to share exactly how much? But no, she would delete any comments asking that. The refusal of the BPS to take any action has resulted in her becoming more emboldened. The only hope is that her recent targeting of under 18's, both with her resources but primarily the 'research' she has carried out specifically aimed at 16 and 17 year olds, may highlight some safeguarding issues. This may ultimately be her undoing. There just has to be some regulation of grifters like her, and it may be that while she has got away with targeting vulnerable adults, I would like to think that now she has purposely included under 18's she has set herself up for a higher level of scrutiny. At the end of the day it is her 'chartered' status that appears to be legitimising her. There just has to be some accountability that comes with that, surely??
I don't thinks she cares about accountability. The only way she'll stop is when it starts hitting her finances. There's might be a way to come at it from that angle, either through things like Google Reviews of VF... or possibly through FAOs to find out any public contracts and then contacting the lead on that project?

There's no easy answer. It would take a lot of time and effort.

Reactions: 9
She’s claiming, publicly, to be able to support vulnerable traumatised 12+ year olds to process traumatic experiences via SELF HELP FLASH CARDS for the money-grubby price of just £15 a crappy deck of bullshit. She advertises this as a TRAUMA PROCESSING TREATMENT without ANY therapeutic input. Without ANY data or evidence. Whilst publicly denouncing practicing psychologists as ‘not understanding trauma informed practice’. Are you serious? Do you even care what bleeping harm you’re causing Jessica?

SELF HELP FLASH CARDS for the money-grubby price of just £15 a crappy deck of bullshit for thread title please! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They just talk so much tit! So crime prevention advice often falls into 'victim blaming'? Is it not just sensible to not drink too much, or if you do make sure you stay with your friends? So is that also the case for harm reduction strategies?

Reactions: 1
This also had me...

Essentially saying trauma-informed services won't be profitable, and inferring that people rip off vulnerable consumers by adulterating the entire concept of trauma-informed, mashing it up into a one size fits all approach to sell more product.

Her cards do that, and so does her weird and stupid tweets, telling you your ex didn't love you and they abused you for no other reason than they liked it...

There's nuance in every individuals circumstance and it isn't safe to prescribe solutions as she does in her idiotic tweets.

I don't agree being trauma-informed means you don't make money , and I don't like her constant separation about true trauma informed vs fake trauma informed services. It's a label like anything else and she is setting herself up to be the arbiter to define who is or isn't trauma informed. Any black and white thinking putting one vocal person above others is toxic. She's the delf-proclaimed guru of trauma informed, which is off.

Thanks for the insta story...very enlightening ...
Am I the only one who read this and thought ...Jess is basically saying "My approach to trauma won't make billion dollar pharmaceutical companies any more money, but it will line my pockets" 🤔🤦🏼‍♂️

View attachment 1766313

View attachment 1766309View attachment 1766310View attachment 1766311
She has also deleted the nice-ish psychologists comment - and she's restricted him from her posts after he questioned her some more about these cards. She's also added more cards such as:
- is my relationship healthy?
- theories of human psychology
- "trauma-informed" sentence completion cards
- Breaking down your self blame - 40 helpful quotes and questions
- Exploring your sexuality - 40 inspirational quotes and questions
- learning about myself - 30 questions to learn more about yourself
- my ideal relationship - qualities & boundaries
- Becoming the best version of yourself - 40 inspirational quotes and questions
- Processing your trauma - 40 helpful quotes and questions...

Is she for real? Also, they're all on offer for £7.49 because clearly no one was buying them for £15 a pack!
Does she really not understand that the "our" and "us" mean the people in her comments or is she just purposely being a c*nt, because going on the defensive is her go to response when she's called out online!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Purposeful c*ntishness, I suspect. Ego so fragile that she can’t handle being questioned, so she responds with petty passive-aggressive remarks and lies about deleting comments. What a strange coincidence that it’s only the critical posts that disappeared! I see she’s now blocked the nice-ish psychologist too.

Anyway, what is her “approach to trauma”? Since she doesn’t actually work with victims, there’s nothing to approach. It’s all just waffle. Ten-a-penny social media guru gobshite.

Reactions: 8
Anyway, what is her “approach to trauma”? Since she doesn’t actually work with victims, there’s nothing to approach. It’s all just waffle. Ten-a-penny social media guru gobshite.
I (and I'm sure many others, either in the psychology profession or just people who see her social media posts) would have more respect for her, if instead of being the defensive passive aggressive c*nt when she's rightfully called out on how dangerous the cards are, she'd say something along the lines of they "Might" help others, because they're written from a place based solely on the trauma SHE has experienced and SHE thinks they'll be helpful... and not try position herself as some sort of "Trauma Moses" standing on Mount Sinai with the "Trauma 10 Commandments"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
100 percent agree with above !!
I think it's a red flag that she isn't willing to be vulnerable and talk about her own process healing from trauma. But sharing one's own lived experience is always valid. Even if we were to disagree with her, if she said XYZ helped her, I'd be open to hear it.

But she'd never say that unless she was trying to sell something or prove how special she is. She can't be vulnerable.

Reactions: 6
sharing one's own lived experience is always valid.
Exactly, and even if you or I or anyone else for that matter disagreed with her on what she thinks will be helpful based on that, we'd respect her for being open/honest about the reasons behind her thinking!!! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: 3
Jaimi commented this under a VF tweet about victim blaming...she can't seriously think "most crimes don't include a victim who is drunk" ... how many people have been mugged, assaulted, stabbed, r*ped or murdered while walking home drunk from a night out...do either of them actually live in the real world? 🤦🏼‍♂️🤬

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I checked the VF website, I wandered if there is a phone number (nope), there's a contact form, which by using you agree to have Ur details kept?
And then a way to contact Jessica directly. No other staff members are named or can be contacted.
Slimey how she opens and invites email contact directly, which I think appeals to the fan girls who want to connect to her, and makes her feel accessible and relatable. No info on how she responds to emails or the purpose of giving out her email.

Even authors often stipulate that they may not respond directly and the purposes for providing email. I think this is a red flag I wouldn't have picked up on back in the day, but I believe abusers often feign accessibility to catch new prey. It's not sensible for the organisation to provide direct access to Jessica, but makes it look on surface as if she cares.

Last edited:
They just talk so much tit! So crime prevention advice often falls into 'victim blaming'? Is it not just sensible to not drink too much, or if you do make sure you stay with your friends? So is that also the case for harm reduction strategies?
It's the fact that the two of them think this is a groundbreaking epiphany that makes me laugh. Women have complained about this for years.

Reactions: 4
I checked the VF website, I wandered if there is a phone number (nope), there's a contact form, which by using you agree to have Ur details kept?
And then a way to contact Jessica directly. No other staff members are named or can be contacted.
Slimey how she opens and invites email contact directly, which I think appeals to the fan girls who want to connect to her, and makes her feel accessible and relatable. No info on how she responds to emails or the purpose of giving out her email.

Even authors often stipulate that they may not respond directly and the purposes for providing email. I think this is a red flag I wouldn't have picked up on back in the day, but I believe abusers often feign accessibility to catch new prey. It's not sensible for the organisation to provide direct access to Jessica, but makes it look on surface as if she cares.

Yup, she also proclaims to have a peer review process and an ethics board, neither of which are mentioned anywhere on her ego project website.

Yup, she also proclaims to have a peer review process and an ethics board, neither of which are mentioned anywhere on her ego project website.
Has Jess had a single peer-reviewed article or chapter accepted? I feel like the process would break her.

Me-rail but I recently had a reviewer 2 disagree with the entire premise of my work. And I re-worked the article to acknowledge their concerns and it’s now published but I can’t see Jess accepting feedback without descending into full narc rage.

The problems with academic publishing are clear as day but it’s difficult to make that argument if you’ve never engaged with the process.

Reactions: 7
Another post on Twitter where she’s saying an article has “missed the point” because there’s on uptake of mental illness in teens. She says it proves it doesn’t exist, it’s just that they’re in poverty etc.
No indication of how she thinks these teens should be helped.
Does she think mental health support is pills and inpatient care?
she’s clueless and keeps myths going.

Another post on Twitter where she’s saying an article has “missed the point” because there’s on uptake of mental illness in teens. She says it proves it doesn’t exist, it’s just that they’re in poverty etc.
No indication of how she thinks these teens should be helped.
Does she think mental health support is pills and inpatient care?
she’s clueless and keeps myths going.
This to me is where she gets sinister---to me she is obviously positioning herself as THE answer to the problem. SHE is the trauma guru and she wants her or her disciples to basically run the mental health system in this country. But her 'approach' ends at the beginning of the process. Yes acknowledge when 'trauma' is involved, yes to not victim blaming blah blah but then what exactly? She mentions 'when they are ready for therapy' but she isn't a qualified counsellor and she doesn't 'rate' cbt, the most effective therapy for ptsd, so what then? How dangerous to acknowledge trauma but then offer nothing to deal with it. This worries me that she is going to invent her own model of therapy....

Has Jess had a single peer-reviewed article or chapter accepted? I feel like the process would break her.

Me-rail but I recently had a reviewer 2 disagree with the entire premise of my work. And I re-worked the article to acknowledge their concerns and it’s now published but I can’t see Jess accepting feedback without descending into full narc rage.

The problems with academic publishing are clear as day but it’s difficult to make that argument if you’ve never engaged with the process.
No she hasn't, and let's face it, she didn't even get properly scrutinised for her PhD as she had taken legal action against the uni and threatened people she would take their career and livelihood away so it was going to get passed whatever happened.

Last edited:
110 peer reviewers work at victim focus? Or provide peer review to this org? Surely we'd be able to hear about even one of them, seeing as there are over 100? Who are these nameless peer reviewers ? Is it another case of her mate at the pub or someone she chatted with online?

• Wow
She hasn't published in any journals! This is total bullshit we've already heard how fraudulent her 'peer review' process is.

Thing is, if she thinks a person needs therapy or help in someway then she has to accept there is a “dysfunction” or “illness” somewhere.
and she says it’s all normal and mental illness doesn’t exist.

Thing is, if she thinks a person needs therapy or help in someway then she has to accept there is a “dysfunction” or “illness” somewhere.
and she says it’s all normal and mental illness doesn’t exist.
This is why I think she is formulating her own 'therapy'. She thinks she can bypass not being a trained counsellor by creating her own, obviously by stealing bits of those already in existence and passing it off as her own.

• Sad
Her therapy will be a love fest to the victim-survivor, tell them they're awesome, take loads of money from them, then strand them emotionally and psychologically, ultimately retraumatising them completely.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.