Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she starts off really quite aggressively---'not sure who 'our' and 'us' is referring to', but then drops that aggression when someone else asks. She really doesn't like being challenged does she, no matter how gently? It's very strange how she operates; not in academia because of ethical and regulatory constraints, but also doesn't like to adhere to basic the customer service requirements of running a commercial business. So in a nutshell no, they're not based on any therapeutic theories. Furthermore, how patronising that one group they are aimed at is 'people who can't afford therapy'! I would love to know who is on the imaginary 'ethics board'---her and her wife maybe?

Where is all that about the cards? Has it all been deleted, I can't find it anywhere?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
So she starts off really quite aggressively---'not sure who 'our' and 'us' is referring to', but then drops that aggression when someone else asks. She really doesn't like being challenged does she, no matter how gently? It's very strange how she operates; not in academia because of ethical and regulatory constraints, but also doesn't like to adhere to basic the customer service requirements of running a commercial business. So in a nutshell no, they're not based on any therapeutic theories. Furthermore, how patronising that one group they are aimed at is 'people who can't afford therapy'! I would love to know who is on the imaginary 'ethics board'---her and her wife maybe?

Where is all that about the cards? Has it all been deleted, I can't find it anywhere?
Instagram.

Now she’s being harassed 🙄
F9E7EB95-A8F4-410E-BA99-D1890062A1AE.jpeg

Also, such a narc move. “Your friends are sending me private messages from you, betraying your trust.” 😡

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Her inability to deal with challenging or critical questions in a mature and professional way says so much about her, doesn’t it? This is what puts professionals in VAWG & therapy off her. And you wonder how it must be for VF staff who no doubt learn quickly that she can’t take critical feedback.

Such a hand waving answer too. We know she doesn’t understand peer review, so her process lacks the academic rigour of review you would expect. The research she refers to is likely VF ‘research’.

The questioning around these packs have been very neutral, reasonable and non aggressive. She is already framing it as an ‘attack’ (querying ‘we’ as if it’s a group of antagonistic haters).

Someone has prompted for clarity and specific detail again - likely to provoke another vague response justifying her decision to promote these cards to young girls.

Attachments

Reactions: 5

its on the pictures. if you go to the trauma one then slide across you'll see them all.

Reactions: 1
Instagram.

View attachment 1766534
Also, such a narc move. “Your friends are sending me private messages from you, betraying your trust.” 😡
She's a fool! Makes you think how many other professional psychologists and other people who work in this field have commented on her pictures, for her to them restrict them. So she can see their comments but no one else can. I bet she's getting called out all the time, but restricts them so no one else can see.

Not very professional Jessica. As an individual with a PhD in academia, who would have gone through more than enough criticism, surely someone asking questions wanting actual answers isnt difficult?

Reactions: 9
It's just pathetic. She should just give up this pretence and sell her crappy little cards on etsy. She could stick a camomile teabag and a tealight in with each packet and call it a wellness pack....

I'm wondering exactly who is supposedly harassing her? The 'friends' of the poster? So tell them then!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
How on earth did she ever manage to get a PHD or have a line manager when all constructive criticism and requests for clarification are seen as an attack and deemed as harassment?

She needs her own organisation as I think her fragile narc ego would leave her unemployable.

As for the survivor scrutiny panel? Would that consist of survivors that she employs who she has control over?

Reactions: 4
How on earth did she ever manage to get a PHD or have a line manager when all constructive criticism and requests for clarification are seen as an attack and deemed as harassment?

She needs her own organisation as I think her fragile narc ego would leave her unemployable.

As for the survivor scrutiny panel? Would that consist of survivors that she employs who she has control over?
nah its her, mandy n jaimie.. Same as her "peer review" team - thats just anyone who wants to buy the book for cheap on twitter :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3

She literally threatened them with court action, and told her supervisors that they were harassing her 🤦‍♀️😂 She also threatened to ruin their careers by going to the press, and alleged that one of her friends was at editor at the Guardian.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m starting to wonder if Jess thought her viva was harassment 😂
All jokes aside, it's very likely she did see questions from her supervisors as an attack. According to her, she triumphantly battled through her PhD despite hordes of hostile academics who were determined to keep her from completing it on the basis that she was a single mum/too poor/too working class/too much of a survivor. While I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that she did face classism and other prejudice during her time at university, her behaviour has repeatedly demonstrated that she interprets even the most legitimate, reasonable, courteously worded question as an attack. In one of the earlier threads a poster said that she began to doubt Jess after she asked an innocous question, not intending it as a criticism at all, only to get her head bitten off because Jess saw malice in it - this stuck with me as it suggests a person who really does read hostility into anything that isn't unqualified agreement and praise.

Her defence of her Etsy-esque products is incoherent and contradictory. In the same breath she says that the cards aren't based on "therapeutic theories", but are reflections based on "academic research on these topics". That brings us back to square one. What research?! What, exactly, are the studies the cards are based on? What did the researchers attempt to find out, how did they measure it, why is it important? If the research doesn't involve therapeutic efficacy, why does it mean the cards will be beneficial for women who have experienced violence? Where is the relevance? She is once again throwing out a few academic buzzwords to try and quiet any doubts that might be rising among fans, in the hope that people might still trust her enough to accept the academicese at face value without asking further questions that her non-answers raise. Such as:

1.) Who is on this "ethics board" that she speaks of? Why isn't there a list of names on the Victim Focus website, with a description of what exactly their qualifications are and how they function as a committee?
2.) What does she mean when she says the cards are "peer reviewed"? The aim of peer review is to assess accuracy, quality, and rigor and - in the case of therapeutic tools - validity and efficacy too. This means that the project being peer reviewed has to be very clearly defined. Jess has half-suggested that the cards aren't intended to be therapeutic, so again, what exactly are they for and how did the peer reviewers evaluate how closely they match up to their purpose?
3.) Again, who are these mystery peer reviewers who are only mentioned in the abstract? We know Jessica has asked people who currently hold no higher qualification than an undergraduate degree to "peer review" for her, and these were people whom she knew to admire her and hold her in high regard. In at least one case, the "reviewer" was an employee - someone dependent on Jess for a salary. Peer review is supposed to be carried out objectively by appropriately qualified professionals. Do these "reviewers", whoever they are, meet these criteria?

She can play all the semantic games she likes and obfuscate as much as she likes, but all she is doing is cementing her reputation among academics and clinicians as an unprofessional charlatan. She views it as harassment when academics and clinicians explain why we think this, no matter whether it's done publicly or privately, and no doubt the story she tells her fans will be that we're just too frightened of her powerful mind to accept that everything she says is right and everything she does is amazing. But she makes herself look even less credible with every outburst, to the point where even people with zero knowledge of psychology are eventually going to struggle to take her at face value.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Instagram.

View attachment 1766534
So hold up - I saw the original comments screenshotted by the 4 Instagram users and the nice-ish-psychologist. I was invested in their viewpoints and wanted to see Jessica’s informed response, because again, I wanted to give benefit if the doubt and let my opinions be swayed.

BUT what we’ve actually seen, is that she’s deleted the legitimate concerns, gaslit and DARVO’d anyone who dares to question, falsely claims harassment but then restricts the accounts so they can’t publicly respond or set any record straight, accuses people of sending ‘horrible messages’ about her work (I’ve seen the different commenters instagram stories with receipts AND screenshots), when in fact MANY professionals have legitimately and gently questioned her methodology and evidence base?

Let’s break it down.

She’s claiming, publicly, to be able to support vulnerable traumatised 12+ year olds to process traumatic experiences via SELF HELP FLASH CARDS for the money-grubby price of just £15 a crappy deck of bullshit. She advertises this as a TRAUMA PROCESSING TREATMENT without ANY therapeutic input. Without ANY data or evidence. Whilst publicly denouncing practicing psychologists as ‘not understanding trauma informed practice’. Are you serious? Do you even care what bleeping harm you’re causing Jessica?

So let’s break it down further. The so-called ethics and VAWG ‘guru’ is what - charging £15 to trial, without any ethical considerations, an untrialled trauma processing mechanism with vulnerable minors and adults…. and just
…. wants everyone to shut up and stop asking questions? And when people do ask questions, point out important considerations, or just ask for clarification, you resort to slandering and lying about them? Are you bleeping serious Jessica? I mean you do it to victims, we know. So I guess why are we surprised that you treat your peers the same way.

You are being harmful at bleeping best, and downright evil at worst. Do you have any idea how uncontaining and unethical this is? Do you think you’re helping? Really? I’m honestly at the end of my tether with this self aggrandising, money-hungry, wildly unethical sheer bullshit. We see you. This will be shared widely. This behaviour will not be accepted amongst reputable organisations, professionals or Universities. Believe me when I say word travels fast amongst academia and the service commissioning world. Your reputation is truly infamous. What a diabolical fraud.

So hold up - I saw the original comments screenshotted by the 4 Instagram users and the nice-ish-psychologist. I was invested in their viewpoints and wanted to see Jessica’s informed response, because again, I wanted to give benefit if the doubt and let my opinions be swayed.

BUT what we’ve actually seen, is that she’s deleted the legitimate concerns, gaslit and DARVO’d anyone who dares to question, falsely claims harassment but then restricts the accounts so they can’t publicly respond or set any record straight, accuses people of sending ‘horrible messages’ about her work (I’ve seen the different commenters instagram stories with receipts AND screenshots), when in fact MANY professionals have legitimately and gently questioned her methodology and evidence base?

Let’s break it down.

She’s claiming, publicly, to be able to support vulnerable traumatised 12+ year olds to process traumatic experiences via SELF HELP FLASH CARDS for the money-grubby price of just £15 a crappy deck of bullshit. She advertises this as a TRAUMA PROCESSING TREATMENT without ANY therapeutic input. Without ANY data or evidence. Whilst publicly denouncing practicing psychologists as ‘not understanding trauma informed practice’. Are you serious? Do you even care what bleeping harm you’re causing Jessica?

So let’s break it down further. The so-called ethics and VAWG ‘guru’ is what - charging £15 to trial, without any ethical considerations, an untrialled trauma processing mechanism with vulnerable minors and adults…. and just
…. wants everyone to shut up and stop asking questions? And when people do ask questions, point out important considerations, or just ask for clarification, you resort to slandering and lying about them? Are you bleeping serious Jessica? I mean you do it to victims, we know. So I guess why are we surprised that you treat your peers the same way.

You are being harmful at bleeping best, and downright evil at worst. Do you have any idea how uncontaining and unethical this is? Do you think you’re helping? Really? I’m honestly at the end of my tether with this self aggrandising, money-hungry, wildly unethical sheer bullshit. We see you. This will be shared widely. This behaviour will not be accepted amongst reputable organisations, professionals or Universities. Believe me when I say word travels fast amongst academia and the service commissioning world. Your reputation is truly infamous. What a diabolical fraud.
Attaching some relevant insta story screenshots for your info:

Attachments

Reactions: 12
This also had me...

Essentially saying trauma-informed services won't be profitable, and inferring that people rip off vulnerable consumers by adulterating the entire concept of trauma-informed, mashing it up into a one size fits all approach to sell more product.

Her cards do that, and so does her weird and stupid tweets, telling you your ex didn't love you and they abused you for no other reason than they liked it...

There's nuance in every individuals circumstance and it isn't safe to prescribe solutions as she does in her idiotic tweets.

I don't agree being trauma-informed means you don't make money , and I don't like her constant separation about true trauma informed vs fake trauma informed services. It's a label like anything else and she is setting herself up to be the arbiter to define who is or isn't trauma informed. Any black and white thinking putting one vocal person above others is toxic. She's the delf-proclaimed guru of trauma informed, which is off.

Thanks for the insta story...very enlightening ...

• Wow
Her "I'm proud of.." tweets are so weird. She did one about Lil Nas X, like she knew him. If someone random I had never met or heard of said they were proud of me, I'd find it intrusive and patronising and like they were somehow trying to take some sort of credit for my achievements.

Reactions: 7
Her "I'm proud of.." tweets are so weird. She did one about Lil Nas X, like she knew him. If someone random I had never met or heard of said they were proud of me, I'd find it intrusive and patronising and like they were somehow trying to take some sort of credit for my achievements.
She's trying to take ownership of the idea of trauma-informed care. She's done it several times - shared a link to an article by a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist who is talking about, say, the impact of capitalism on mental health, and commented with something like, "I'm so glad professionals are beginning to recognise what I've been saying all along. We are making change!" She routinely makes out that all this is her idea and insinuates that any trauma-informed clinician is just following her light, when in reality they were practising this way when she was still in primary school.

Reactions: 12
She tries to take ownership of trauma informed care which has been extremely financially profitable for her 🙄

Reactions: 7
Yes and the irony of the "we're all working now on trauma informed approaches" is, several tweets down, or after a stupid rant, it ends up there's no "we" and she's talking about herself and herself alone as the badass pioneer of trauma care.

It is quite disgusting she needs everything to be all about her.

Reactions: 3
She is a disgusting individual. She purposely operates in an unregulated no-man's land where she targets vulnerable people, but has no accountability to anyone. 'A true, humanistic, trauma-informed approach to mental health won’t make money'? But it's making her plenty of money---maybe she would like to share exactly how much? But no, she would delete any comments asking that. The refusal of the BPS to take any action has resulted in her becoming more emboldened. The only hope is that her recent targeting of under 18's, both with her resources but primarily the 'research' she has carried out specifically aimed at 16 and 17 year olds, may highlight some safeguarding issues. This may ultimately be her undoing. There just has to be some regulation of grifters like her, and it may be that while she has got away with targeting vulnerable adults, I would like to think that now she has purposely included under 18's she has set herself up for a higher level of scrutiny. At the end of the day it is her 'chartered' status that appears to be legitimising her. There just has to be some accountability that comes with that, surely??

Reactions: 10
She is a disgusting individual. She purposely operates in an unregulated no-man's land where she targets vulnerable people, but has no accountability to anyone. 'A true, humanistic, trauma-informed approach to mental health won’t make money'? But it's making her plenty of money---maybe she would like to share exactly how much? But no, she would delete any comments asking that. The refusal of the BPS to take any action has resulted in her becoming more emboldened. The only hope is that her recent targeting of under 18's, both with her resources but primarily the 'research' she has carried out specifically aimed at 16 and 17 year olds, may highlight some safeguarding issues. This may ultimately be her undoing. There just has to be some regulation of grifters like her, and it may be that while she has got away with targeting vulnerable adults, I would like to think that now she has purposely included under 18's she has set herself up for a higher level of scrutiny. At the end of the day it is her 'chartered' status that appears to be legitimising her. There just has to be some accountability that comes with that, surely??
Exactly. As much as she isn’t this super intelligent person she likes to believe that she is, she is smart enough to focus her energy in that no man’s land where she answers to nobody. The thing with narcs is that they always end up getting found out eventually. Usually due to getting a bit too arrogant or because their antagonistic fragile ego shows their true colours. Remember that the majority of us here were ‘fans’ at some stage until we saw past the mask. Others will too, let’s just hope she doesn’t cause too much damage before then.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.