Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Essentially Jess has always just trained people. Nothing more nothing less. At safe and sound she did PowerPoint presentations to people. Now I’m not taking away skill involved in putting together info and delivering it… she’s good at that. She gets a brief, puts together a document and stands and presents it. What she has NEVER done is put anything into actual practice. So she can say if someone is presenting with XYZ then this (insert PowerPoint) is what you should do… but she’s NEVER ACTUALLY DONE it.
She doesn’t have hundreds of hours of practice… she has theory. And she wasn’t ‘running a rape centre’ it’s so awful how she says it like that.
There were loads and loads of volunteers who would go out on the streets making sure women and girls were ok, not trained counsellors, these needed about a weeks worth of training in one room, in small groups.

Reactions: 9
I know it was mentioned before but it would be helpful to have a timeline of all her claims, to expose her lies and lack of experience. I don’t want her having any more influence over vulnerable people, who she’s already actively harming.

Anyway I see she’s being called out again for those awful “self-help” trauma flashcards… a few more in the same thread 🙌

(Edited twice because idk what I’m doing.)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Or we could look at it the other way, is there any evidence anywhere that she has worked with women and girls in any way?

I'm honestly starting to think k that similar situations to SA, with a woman messaging her on social media or email, and her speaking to them, is part of what she considers, and the basis for her claim, to have worked with xyz number of women and girls

Reactions: 8
Essentially Jess has always just trained people. Nothing more nothing less. At safe and sound she did PowerPoint presentations to people. Now I’m not taking away skill involved in putting together info and delivering it… she’s good at that. She gets a brief, puts together a document and stands and presents it. What she has NEVER done is put anything into actual practice. So she can say if someone is presenting with XYZ then this (insert PowerPoint) is what you should do… but she’s NEVER ACTUALLY DONE it.
She doesn’t have hundreds of hours of practice… she has theory. And she wasn’t ‘running a rape centre’ it’s so awful how she says it like that.
There were loads and loads of volunteers who would go out on the streets making sure women and girls were ok, not trained counsellors, these needed about a weeks worth of training in one room, in small groups.
In my experience, training from people who are just trainers and not also clinicians or therapists isn't very good either. What brings training alive is case examples from people who have actually done the thing.

Reactions: 12
In my experience, training from people who are just trainers and not also clinicians or therapists isn't very good either. What brings training alive is case examples from people who have actually done the thing.
I think it depends. Training by non-clinicians can be valuable as long as they are transparent about their qualifications and experience and the subject they are focusing on is their particular area of expertise and not directly related to the clinical aspects of the role. For example, health psychologists can provide important teaching to medical students around behaviour change and communication.
But this is one of the central problems with JT, she seems to think she’s an expert in whatever she decides regardless of qualifications and experience. She strays far beyond her capacity and seems to have no self awareness about it either. And the confidence she does this with makes her believable to many members of the public. She is absolutely dangerous.

I know it was mentioned before but it would be helpful to have a timeline of all her claims, to expose her lies and lack of experience. I don’t want her having any more influence over vulnerable people, who she’s already actively harming.

Anyway I see she’s being called out again for those awful “self-help” trauma flashcards… a few more in the same thread 🙌

(Edited twice because idk what I’m doing.)
Is this on instgram?

Reactions: 1
Is this on instgram?
Yeah. He also called her out on one of her most recent posts and a bunch of her supporters -her usual band of followers, people who have had terrible things happen to them - jumped on with criticism, couldn’t even understand the point he was making for want of defending her.

Waiting for a block on Instagram since I’ve been blocked elsewhere for the crime of liking posts about Sally-Ann!

Reactions: 3
Yes I think she will probably do one on her soon. There are plenty of receipts on here to help her and not as many threads as Jack Monroe so it would be an easier job 😂

Reactions: 5
As someone with a close relative sectioned several times with schizophrenia her latest FB post has me raging. Sure the black history is awful, but….
E5AC619A-7DD2-4043-911A-2D2AC05BD89E.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Here she goes again with her pop psychology and made-up bullshit. Slave owners did not invent schizophrenia. There was a construct called drapetomania which was a hideous fictious mental illness applied to slaves who tried to escape. Black people are also hugely overrepresented in mental health services. She is conflating these two things. Bleuler came up with the construct of schizophrenia. Surely if you want to deconstruct something it would help to know precisely what the construct is 🙄

Reactions: 10
This is just so dangerous. This, to me, illustrates that she is getting worse. To clearly state that 'it's fairly obvious it doesn't exist' is so irresponsible. How can the BPS keep ignoring these dangerous claims??

Reactions: 4
This is just so dangerous. This, to me, illustrates that she is getting worse. To clearly state that 'it's fairly obvious it doesn't exist' is so irresponsible. How can the BPS keep ignoring these dangerous claims??
She clearly has never met anyone with schizophrenia

Reactions: 9
I wish there was a way to effectively challenge her. She’s ramping up her posts and wild claims and it’s just so scary. I don’t want anyone getting hurt.

Reactions: 6
She really just isn't very bright. Something being over diagnosed, or a population being over-represented with a diagnosis doesn't mean that thing doesn't exist.

It's like she gets all her knowledge from the bloke down the pub.
Yes. She talks about Schizophrenia as if it's just about hallucinations, which it clearly isn't. Then she makes up stats, and when people ask for further references puts a link to a VF resource. It's absolutely devastating to experience a friend or family member with schizophrenia, and then you get this head saying it doesn't exist. She's really, really infuriating me now....

I'm surprised the post from the niceish psychologist is still there and she hasnt blocked him to be honest. £15 for trauma flashcards with no after support in place. They are basically positive affirmation cards so why cant she just sell them as that?! Rather than cashing in on someone elses trauma YET AGAIN. God this woman is really getting on my tits!

For all her pretentions of being politically astute, she's actually just part of the neoliberal machine with her wannabe influencer vibes and positive affirmation tat. As previously noted, she's not very bright.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.