Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This one piqued my interest so I had a google.

This explains what the BPS expects of its registered test users.

And this is the searchable register. You’ll never guess who’s not on it.
Well she doesn't actually claim, in this instance, to have been trained in accordance with BPS standards. I don't believe you particularly need training to administer psychometric tests. As usual her words are vague and kind of imply something more grandiose without actually making claims that can be proved incorrect. I believe one of her lecturers at uni was very experienced in psychometric testing, which she has mentioned before, so she probably had a conversation once with them, or they told her how to score them. With everything she claims, it's what she doesn't say and purposely omits which is the important part...

Reactions: 5
Found this interesting with her making a big thing about her leaving LinkedIn due to sexual harassment ....I wander if it was just she got called out there and couldn't allow it. She seems to rotate between blaming different sites for being misogynistic

Reactions: 1

More nonsense---she singlehandedly trained one of the men from scratch? To do what exactly? Certainly not to be a counsellor, but then that is probably why she used the word 'therapist'. She chooses her words carefully to mean very little. Everything the man in the thread said is true about her being unqualified; several people on the thread said they reported his comments as libellous yet they're still there, rather suggests what he said is true....

This section made me laugh---no, she doesn't do court assessments, but she can't just so 'no I'm not qualified to, but has to pretend she is doing 'legal training'! And, as the critic states, if she was an actual qualified 'forensic psychologist', registered with the HCPC she would be qualified to do court assessments! Why can't these people see through her??? Hopefully they are starting to...
She was all over it when Amber Heard's legal team spoke to her. If they had asked her to be a witness and make an expert statement she'd have done it in a heartbeat.

I just had a look at what she actually said about AH contacting her to VF staff. She said they wanted her to write a statement and rebutt the psychiatric diagnosis. They also said, according to her, that they wanted to interview her, but I dont think that didn't happen or she wouldn't have shut up about it.

She was totally willing then to stand up in court as a non clinical psychologist and state that AH was misdiagnosed.

But if you're just an average, non millionaire celebrity, asking JT for help because you're going through family court and desperate, you're Facebook messages either got privately ignored (which happened all the time), or publicly told she didn't get involved because she wasn't qualified. Which I'm pretty sure was just a get out because she couldn't be arsed to help anyone that wasn't paying her or could get her fame.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’m sorry but she is so bleeping deceitful and full of tit. It drives me crazy that so many people believe her lies. 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah that Twitter thread where they were all piling on the guy asking legitimate questions about her qualifications gave me the rage.

Reactions: 3
She was all over it when Amber Heard's legal team spoke to her. If they had asked her to be a witness and make an expert statement she'd have done it in a heartbeat.

I just had a look at what she actually said about AH contacting her to VF staff. She said they wanted her to write a statement and rebutt the psychiatric diagnosis. They also said, according to her, that they wanted to interview her, but I dont think that didn't happen or she wouldn't have shut up about it.

She was totally willing then to stand up in court as a non clinical psychologist and state that AH was misdiagnosed.

But if you're just an average, non millionaire celebrity, asking JT for help because you're going through family court and desperate, you're Facebook messages either got privately ignored (which happened all the time), or publicly told she didn't get involved because she wasn't qualified. Which I'm pretty sure was just a get out because she couldn't be arsed to help anyone that wasn't paying her or could get her fame.
Oh come on, do you believe any of that for one second? As if they would want her, what on earth can she offer that they didn't already have? Even if she did come to their attention, I'm quite sure they would have properly looked into her and realised she simply is not qualified to offer her opinion, other than as an author, but certainly not professionally. Do you think she has the required level of professional indemnity insurance to start sticking her oar into multi-million dollar legal cases? I would say she doesn't have any professional indemnity insurance, because she would have to prove in what capacity she is a professional before any company would insure her! And wrt to the person who asked her about providing 'expert assessments for family court' she didn't actually say she wasn't qualified; that would be far too honest and humble for her. She actually said 'I am going to be doing so in the future when I’ve completed my legal training. I didn’t want to provide assessments or expert statements without a qualification', which really suggests that she could if she wanted to but she's such a dedicated professional that she wouldn't do it until she had voluntarily done some 'legal training'. Again, very vague. What does she mean by 'legal training' exactly? Training to be a solicitor? Barrister? Or in her case probably Director of Crown Prosecution Service....There is no 'legal training' to be an expert witness. However, there are obviously certain criteria to meet, for example, below from the CPS website:
Has the expert complied with Quality Standards published by the appropriate regulatory body? Are they/their organisation accredited? Has the expert ever been the subject of adverse judicial comment or disciplinary proceedings? Is a copy of the expert's CV available? (and is it actually true??). This is why she doesn't do it. Because she doesn't meet the criteria and her lies and exaggerations would be found out. I would have loved to have seen her absolutely humiliated in court in the Amber Heard case, it would have been highly entertaining, but I'm very sure it was all in her tiny mind....

Yeah that Twitter thread where they were all piling on the guy asking legitimate questions about her qualifications gave me the rage.
I know!! I really is infuriating. I was itching to comment but when I finally do it has to be well planned because I know I will be immediately blocked. I might plan it to wait till like 4 am one morning when I've got a window of a few hours and just post like mad on all these threads telling them how it actually is!! That guy was really quite nice about it, saying that while he agreed with a lot of what she says she just isn't clinically qualified.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Even if she did come to their attention, I'm quite sure they would have properly looked into her and realised she simply is not qualified to offer her opinion
This is what I think is the mostly likely thing to have happened. Although there is also a massive chance she made the whole thing up. No one else was involved in speaking to them and it literally came to nothing, although some website did use a quote from her, so who knows.

She could never have been used in court as a witness, it would have fell apart the second they questioned her qualifications.

I think they probably asked a few questions about her work, and she just massively built it up in her head.

They wanted someone to basically prove Amber Heard didn't have a personality disorder and Jess was never going to be able to do that. She isn't a clinical psychologist and she hasn't done any research into disproving their existence.

I know!! I really is infuriating. I was itching to comment but when I finally do it has to be well planned because I know I will be immediately blocked.
I'm in the same position. I want to challenge, but considering I was blocked on FB for liking some peoples' comments who challenged her, I know I'll be blocked straight away.

I’m currently getting ready to head to a night shift at work, so this is a quick, garbled addition to this thread and I will at some point try and expand.

It infuriates me constantly that in healthcare we are held to such high standards and meticulously scrutinised and criticised for any genuine (or purposeful in some cases, unfortunately) mistakes that occur. Yet there’s such an ‘easy way out’ for people like JT not being held accountable.

So many loopholes and corners to hide behind for those with hidden agendas or those who need to be held accountable who aren’t because ‘we don’t have rules for that’.

These people are working with people’s mental and physical health as much as we are in my field of work. Something needs to change.

(ETA: for clarification when I say ‘these people’ I‘m directly referring to those such as JT, JS and co who are not registered as clinical psychologists etc. I’m aware there are areas of psychology who are accountable in similar ways to how we are as healthcare professionals.)

Reactions: 4
Oh come on, do you believe any of that for one second? As if they would want her, what on earth can she offer that they didn't already have? Even if she did come to their attention, I'm quite sure they would have properly looked into her and realised she simply is not qualified to offer her opinion, other than as an author, but certainly not professionally. Do you think she has the required level of professional indemnity insurance to start sticking her oar into multi-million dollar legal cases? I would say she doesn't have any professional indemnity insurance, because she would have to prove in what capacity she is a professional before any company would insure her! And wrt to the person who asked her about providing 'expert assessments for family court' she didn't actually say she wasn't qualified; that would be far too honest and humble for her. She actually said 'I am going to be doing so in the future when I’ve completed my legal training. I didn’t want to provide assessments or expert statements without a qualification', which really suggests that she could if she wanted to but she's such a dedicated professional that she wouldn't do it until she had voluntarily done some 'legal training'. Again, very vague. What does she mean by 'legal training' exactly? Training to be a solicitor? Barrister? Or in her case probably Director of Crown Prosecution Service....There is no 'legal training' to be an expert witness. However, there are obviously certain criteria to meet, for example, below from the CPS website:
Has the expert complied with Quality Standards published by the appropriate regulatory body? Are they/their organisation accredited? Has the expert ever been the subject of adverse judicial comment or disciplinary proceedings? Is a copy of the expert's CV available? (and is it actually true??). This is why she doesn't do it. Because she doesn't meet the criteria and her lies and exaggerations would be found out. I would have loved to have seen her absolutely humiliated in court in the Amber Heard case, it would have been highly entertaining, but I'm very sure it was all in her tiny mind....

I know!! I really is infuriating. I was itching to comment but when I finally do it has to be well planned because I know I will be immediately blocked. I might plan it to wait till like 4 am one morning when I've got a window of a few hours and just post like mad on all these threads telling them how it actually is!! That guy was really quite nice about it, saying that while he agreed with a lot of what she says she just isn't clinically qualified.
There’s no mandatory legal qualification but I recently had to research psychiatrists and psychologists for a potential expert witness instruction and several of them state on their CV that they’ve done some kind of expert witness training, so it’s obviously seen as beneficial. Tbh there is a structure to an expert witness report and a judge would prefer someone au fait with that.

Of course, none of that changes the fact she’s being completely disingenuous. She would not be qualified to provide a statement on an individual’s mental health in court, with or without the “legal” training.

Reactions: 3
There’s no mandatory legal qualification but I recently had to research psychiatrists and psychologists for a potential expert witness instruction and several of them state on their CV that they’ve done some kind of expert witness training, so it’s obviously seen as beneficial. Tbh there is a structure to an expert witness report and a judge would prefer someone au fait with that.

Of course, none of that changes the fact she’s being completely disingenuous. She would not be qualified to provide a statement on an individual’s mental health in court, with or without the “legal” training.
Having attempted to have read her first book I think it’s fair to say she may struggle to structure an expert witness statement 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I noticed in Jess' latest man bashing thread, she got her 3 favourite buzz words in (misogyny, homophobia & patriarchy) as well as a shot at the DSM, ... she's so predictable it's boring, does she ever have an original thought! 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
We badly need an eye roll emoji 🙄

The claim to having been a manager of a “rape centre” seems to be the service in Derby that @ste1982 mentioned. I looked on their FB and she’s mentioned there pre-PhD, in her role as a (drumroll for dramatic effect) training manager. So… responsible for booking staff onto training courses. Not “managing a rape centre,” and certainly no direct work with victims of abuse. But she can claim that she “trained guys from scratch” because she was responsible for ticking a box to say they’d completed their employee induction.

I’m not sure what her take on a court assessment could possibly offer, considering her view that mental illness doesn’t exist and that meds should be binned. She’s got no idea how to assess or manage risk, or mental health for that matter.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
But she can claim that she “trained guys from scratch” because she was responsible for ticking a box to say they’d completed their employee induction.
She seems to hate men so much, I doubt her ego/ideology would allow her to believe a man would be able to help a woman deal with that sort of trauma, let alone train one you do so!

She never hid she was just the training manager. It's on her CV. Until recently anyway, when we found it and she removed it off the Internet.

She will just argue she was managing stuff there, and were misinterpreting, but of course she knows she's deliberately wording it in a way to make it sound more than it was.

In her CV she claims to have worked with their 'national' team, so I assume maybe one of the team hadn't originally come from Derby or homeworker outside of it. I suspect if you looked into it, the majority of her CV is utter bullshit.

The 'trained him from scratch' comment is ridiculous. She knows she is implying that she trained a non qualified or experienced person in how to be a therapist from scratch.

Both comments, the one above and the "managing a rape centre", she can argue is you misinterpreting. I can hear her saying "but I was a manager at a rape centre!". When the RW thing happened, she sent a voice note explaining that her DM to RW was totally innocent and she had blown it totally out of context and was in the total wrong (which incited all the nasty comments from staff). The message she sent RW sounded arsy and antagonistic, and the voice note she put in the group sounded like a kid trying to rephrase what they'd said to get put of trouble. Her message to RW was blunt, rude and meant to antagonise (like the pathetic Eminem lyrics she messaged on here). But when she explained it to staff she added in a load of detail which wasn't in the message to show how her comment was very innocent and she was the true victim due to RWs response. She had completely twisted around all context. This is what she does, she uses semantics so that everything is just implied and she (thinks) people can't accuse her of lying.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Wow....so here is the jump, when she asserts her exoerience 'managing a raoe centre's gives her the authority to comment on what Traumatised women and girls say, think, ask for, need, experience, live with...

None of her experience in said centre gsve her access to any actual clients (rightly so)....so how does she keep asserting and sometime describing scenarios that she has encountered in her front line work.
She was in an office. She didnt meet any.

Wow....so here is the jump, when she asserts her exoerience 'managing a raoe centre's gives her the authority to comment on what Traumatised women and girls say, think, ask for, need, experience, live with...

None of her experience in said centre gsve her access to any actual clients (rightly so)....so how does she keep asserting and sometime describing scenarios that she has encountered in her front line work.
She was in an office. She didnt meet any.
Yeah, that was my point. She’s taken her CV down recently, after it was shared on here I believe, so there’s a reason she doesn’t want it circulated. Even though it’s an exaggerated version of her experience, it still exposes that she was not the manager of a “rape centre” for ten years as she’s claimed elsewhere, and she was just doing admin work. Much like her PhD 🙃

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.