Dr Alex George

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty sure dr Mike the 2nd has posted something that directs at Alex
I was speaking to a good friend of mine who’s a mental health nurse the other night, and the conversation got onto people like Alex, who claim that a nice bath, walk, cold water swimming etc. are being advertised as mental health cures, and how inappropriate and damaging this is for the general public. There is a huge difference between mental well-being and mental health. It’s funny how all the people using mental health as their brand, all seem to be white and privileged as well.

Reactions: 10
The way he links self care to the buying of his over priced bath bombs is utterly shameful.

That his company name is medicalised (‘Prescrib’d’) is questionable too.
Wow there was me popping propranolol when all I needed was a good bubble bath!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Alex should just stick to talking about physical health like the talk with Millie Gooch about going sober. I think is appropriate as he is going to train as a GP or was?

Reactions: 2
The guy reminds me of Sam Smith lately....just as annoying....we may have to call him they/them soon too.

Reactions: 4
I know the end result is the important thing and making progress that'll benefit people is what really matters. But I do find it annoying that there are people that have been working tirelessly to improve mental health access for young people; people working within the broken system who have been begging for people to listen and make changes. Yet someone with no in depth knowledge of MH who was on a dating show gets a meeting with the prime minister. I know he will say he's worked hard, but not as hard as those day in day out on the wards who aren't listened to, those in schools who have been doing all they can. It's obviously heartbreaking about his brother but he could have worked on this and supported lifting the voices and experience of others rather than making sure his name was plastered over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Out of all the places in 10 Downing Street to pose for a pic did he really have to do it in front of a Maggie thatcher painting 🤢

• Sick
Is it really something to be proud of… meeting Boris Johnson…? A man who literally has absolutely no morals whatsoever

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is it really something to be proud of… meeting Boris Johnson…? A man who literally has absolutely no morals whatsoever
It's not about meeting him as such, but having time with the prime minister who ultimately heads up any big changes. There are staff who have so many great ideas and their experiences are so valuable that would love time with the prime minister if it meant there was even a tiny chance it would lead to change. But no one listens to them.

Reactions: 1
It's not about meeting him as such, but having time with the prime minister who ultimately heads up any big changes. There are staff who have so many great ideas and their experiences are so valuable that would love time with the prime minister if it meant there was even a tiny chance it would lead to change. But no one listens to them.
Yes the prime minister can obviously make changes but for him, meeting people like Alex is a publicity exercise. Meeting other MP’s is a far better use of time.

For example same sex marriage is something that was proposed and pushed for by the Lib Dems but brought to law by the Tories who were in government. The new tax in energy suppliers the government has just announced was first proposed by the Lib Dems back in Nov 2021.

These are just examples… but in the main to actually make a difference you’re better off finding someone who actually cares. Boris doesn’t.

Reactions: 3
I was speaking to a good friend of mine who’s a mental health nurse the other night, and the conversation got onto people like Alex, who claim that a nice bath, walk, cold water swimming etc. are being advertised as mental health cures, and how inappropriate and damaging this is for the general public. There is a huge difference between mental well-being and mental health. It’s funny how all the people using mental health as their brand, all seem to be white and privileged as well.

What's missing is the context, the why should you do these things and why would you mind benefit from doing them? My feeling is a trained Doctor and a Mental Health Expert should be offering a bit more information. This can even be delivered in a simple and quick way.

his eyes look like they're bulging out of his face, have they always been like that?? Never noticed it before

Reactions: 2