Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Louder for the people at the back 👏👏👏

“People don’t need Dr Alex”

It was disingenuous and greedy of Alex to ever take up that position.
Couldn’t agree more and what is even more disingenuous for me is that Dr Alex had no involvement in Mental Health prior to losing his brother to suicide. I find it fascinating that such a well educated and academically high achieving person didn’t have an inkling about having ADHD prior to this huge life changing event (brothers death) that led to a significant increase in followers. I guess the same could be said for the fact he didn’t write and sell 3 books, present TV programs, have a podcast and wasn’t an ambassador for anything. I guess my point is, prior to that event he had no passion or desire for Mental Health but this way he’s getting a lot out of what was a really sad situation.

Equally stand by that he wasn’t thinking about or considerate of his ex’s mental wellbeing when he did what he did to her.

Reactions: 10

anonymous1221

I’m pretty sure dr Mike the 2nd has posted something that directs at Alex
I was speaking to a good friend of mine who’s a mental health nurse the other night, and the conversation got onto people like Alex, who claim that a nice bath, walk, cold water swimming etc. are being advertised as mental health cures, and how inappropriate and damaging this is for the general public. There is a huge difference between mental well-being and mental health. It’s funny how all the people using mental health as their brand, all seem to be white and privileged as well.

Skyflier6727

VIP Member
Not surprised. Likes a steady supply of adoration and social acceptance in having a gf but on constantly looking for upgrades. Cruel.

He seemingly can do no wrong in most people's eyes being a doctor, and a tall one at that but, there is something about him that is (to me) a little unnerving. At first I thought he was gay but hadn't accepted it. Then maybe he was uncomfortable in his own skin but why was he chasing the limelight with LI and influencer work. Still can't out my finger on it but he has always given me the creeps. Anyone else?

Glad his ex got to keep the dog.
I used to like him. I thought he was a bit of a nerd but quite sweet and he totally had my respect working as an A&E doctor - it’s a tough gig. Now I think he’s had his head turned and believes all his own hype. He doesn’t know if he wants to be a doctor, mental health guru or an influencer. The first time he gave me the icks was filming his poor mum crying when he bought her a new car. Lovely gesture but it didn’t need to be all over Instagram and You Tube. The ex is posting a lot of break up quotes so I suspected he’d done the dirty. Be careful who you piss off on the way up Alex…

MotherofDragons

I don’t think he’ll be single for long if he doesn’t want to be, he’s attractive, intelligent and seems like a really decent guy. He’ll have girls queuing up!

Barbie2020

VIP Member
Bless him he’s amazing! Doing such amazing things and after losing his brother as well! I think he will do a lot of amazing work for MH awareness.

Skyflier6727

VIP Member
I used to really like him but he’s become unbelievably smug recently. I hate the “post your pill” campaign. I don’t care what medication anyone takes but surely it’s a personal thing. You don’t see folks posing with their haemorrhoid cream in Instagram. I think he’s a mug throwing away a medical career to dance with the devil as an influencer

imsohungry

I had to sleep on this as I was so angry yesterday, but I don’t know how this guy doesn’t use his brain. So he talks about mental health, that’s his “thing” right. So he knows that absolute devastation that social media and wanting “the best” has to peoples mental health. He works for parliament so he should be thinking of “the common folk” - how on earth can he do that when he’s showing off land rover x jaguar cars from a fancy hotel?!!

He can’t be both. He needs to accept that. Either he’s the mental health advocate and his socials are kept to just that. Good mental health, daily life activities and “normal” things for normal people to help their MH - OR he’s a big shot influencer. He cannot be both. The two messages are completely conflicting.

Calabria

VIP Member
I saw something on Twitter that the cottages are suitable for long term let’s as someone was already living in them and has had to be given notice now Alex George has bought them 👀 just rumours though
He says that at the start of the video that there is a tenant in one who will be moving out so he won’t show round that cottage! He’s a scumbag.

• Sick
Reactions: 9

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
That age gap totally fits his style 🤮

Dating someone two thirds your age at that age is not a crime but it certainly adds another red flag to the Dr Alex bouquet of red flags

• Sick

Roseannanna

I came here as I saw the cheating stuff but just wanted to comment, I am a mental health nurse and this guy has no clue on the realities of mental health services. The stuff he promotes is very basic and shows he has never actually done a shift working on a psych ward etc. It really grates on me lol
Yes I say this as someone who is mental health HCA signed off sick! He hasn't a clue... I commented on his post and told him he needs to get experience working on a psychiatric ward to understand the pressures.

Makaraka

VIP Member
I really like him I think he’s used his platform for good! This year has been awfully hard on him especially as he’s working on the frontline and not jetting off to Dubai and the Maldives like the rest of them plus losing his brother too!

I did like him in LI though

Man he’s milking this ADHD thing isn’t he? I don’t think I believe for a second it’s a genuine diagnosis. We all start a million tasks and don’t finish them - it’s called being busy in a crazy busy world. It’s like “oh there’s a bandwagon - watch Dr Alex jump on it”
As someone that has ADHD I find it so offensive that nearly every second one now has it😔 its like all the have to have it

Thread has been quiet for a while. I came to say I feel unnerved by him posting about sobriety and “30 days sober” like I get it, don’t drink but he’s making it his personality. Isn’t it alcoholics and people with addictions that celebrate milestones in sobriety? Not just a bloke that decides to stop because he doesn’t like the way it makes him feel or whatever he’s saying

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Hang on...so his parents live in the 'big house' and these were outbuildings on their property? He was going to try and keep that private but knowing that his 'fans' would probably book the cottages they would recognise his parents if they saw them on the land due to them featuring on his insta account and the MH documentary?!

But in his youtube vlog about it he says it was complicated buying them because it was a business venture? But don't his parents already own them though ? I can't keep up!

showerbelle

I know the end result is the important thing and making progress that'll benefit people is what really matters. But I do find it annoying that there are people that have been working tirelessly to improve mental health access for young people; people working within the broken system who have been begging for people to listen and make changes. Yet someone with no in depth knowledge of MH who was on a dating show gets a meeting with the prime minister. I know he will say he's worked hard, but not as hard as those day in day out on the wards who aren't listened to, those in schools who have been doing all they can. It's obviously heartbreaking about his brother but he could have worked on this and supported lifting the voices and experience of others rather than making sure his name was plastered over it.

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I don’t get why it’s a problem if a thread praises and criticises someone at the same time. We all have different opinions which is why it’s a forum? I used to think alex was quite sweet but then some of the stuff raised on here made me more aware of his character.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I saw something on Twitter that the cottages are suitable for long term let’s as someone was already living in them and has had to be given notice now Alex George has bought them 👀 just rumours though

• Wow
  • Angry

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I was always really confused about him on love island because I thought he was gay - and not really a fame seeking type. Also heard that he was right up himself but, apparently, it comes with the job. Haven't really seen enough of him to say he’s a great role model (or to know whether he’s up himself, I suppose, lol) but he seems sweet enough!

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
I’m a GP. I’ve never been so stressed in my life as I have through the pandemic. We deal with 90% of patient contacts yet have 10% of the budget of the NHS as a whole and we’re constantly vilified in the press. I’m ready to leave medicine tbh, and my colleagues are in droves which means the remaining docs are more thinly spread and yet more stressed 😩
Sending love to you and all of your colleagues.

Can’t even begin to imagine what the past year has been like for you all!

• Heart