Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Louder for the people at the back 👏👏👏

“People don’t need Dr Alex”

It was disingenuous and greedy of Alex to ever take up that position.

Reactions: 9

Moolo

I used to really like him but he’s getting a bit big headed and “all for the gram”. Whilst it was so lovely he bought his mum her dream car did he really need to plaster him giving it to her (and her crying) all over Insta and You tube? By all means do it but making it so public left a nasty taste
I don't agree with this - it was really nice to see that yesterday.

It's a nice thing to share with people when everything else is all doom and gloom especially after everything he and his family have been through in the last year.

Roseannanna

He's lost the plot and lost himself. He needs to step away from social media and focus on being a doctor not a celebrity. His mental health doesn't excuse his actions if he did cheat but maybe he wasn't happy with her. He's not very good at being a mental health ambassador for those with long term mental health problems. I don't think being. Psychiatrist when you've been famous is good either. The amount of death threats and abuse they get for the decision making is unbelievable.

Skyflier6727

VIP Member
I work in mental health, I'm a psychologist and you're bang on the money. Alex doesn't seem to understand the politics affecting MH services at the moment. If your mental health is bad but getting out for a stomp will help you - guess what, most services are geared up and funded enough to offer you therapy as you're considered someone with short-term mental health issues. This is what we have the biggest funding in the UK for.
If you're someone in more distress, as you said - not even washed or had self care motivation, and have longer term problems, MH services are scarce and quick to offer advice like 'go for a walk, make a cup of tea' which patients who've struggled with depression or severe disorders for years find insulting and just want real help which is more intensive and longer term psychotherapeutic input.

Yup you're right but only for influencers and big brands who want to put up billboards with a catchy slogan. Not for us NHS psychologists or our patients. Can you imagine how infuriating it is for our patients to see someone like Alex, a med doctor with very little MH training or knowledge of the MH system on national Tv saying things like just go for a walk etc. I know he's been more nuanced then that but it's still ignorant at best and offensive at worst.

BTW I quoted 2 people here and have had a bit of a rant but want to apologise if it seems like I'm ranting at either of you - I'm not! I'm just fatigued from supporting seriously mentally ill people during this pandemic who can't get the help they need whilst being bombarded with well meaning hashtags that cater more for common depression/anxiety symptoms, not severe illness - and Alex is again catering to that overcrowded market.
I didn’t take it that you were ranting at anyone - just burnt out from trying to do your job with scarce resources. I think it’s gotten dangerous having all mental health under one umbrella. We all have bad times, that’s life, but like you say if it can be made better by a stomp then you are probably not needing much input. My brother took his own life after battling schizophrenia for years and getting little to no support. It’s something that’s very close to my heart. ❤❤

• Heart
  • Sad

Skyflier6727

VIP Member
Man he’s milking this ADHD thing isn’t he? I don’t think I believe for a second it’s a genuine diagnosis. We all start a million tasks and don’t finish them - it’s called being busy in a crazy busy world. It’s like “oh there’s a bandwagon - watch Dr Alex jump on it”

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Oh I love him.

I never understood why the girls weren’t falling all over him in LI. A good looking doctor!
I think because of his complexion he was always a bit sunburnt. Im fair and i think i dont look myself ij the sun at all, pasty with patches of sunnurn wherever my sun cream was patchy!
I think he was slightly awkward in a way your typical love island lad isnt too.

I have a soft spot for Alex - think he was a bit too good for that show

Moodle8

I like him, think he comes across as a very nice guy and really appreciate the work he does. Has been interesting to follow through corona

a friend of mine met him at an event she worked at and said he was lovely and really friendly

6666newuser

When he visited his family in Pembrokeshire Wales back in August he tried to hook up with a local young fan 🤮 makes me uncomfortable to think this creep is treating patients in A&E.

3871B429-0F23-4AB2-997E-BBE3805AC1FD.jpeg
F049A94A-0EBB-4FCF-A066-0F72ED4AA76B.jpeg
8A531253-C712-4AC7-BB39-4CD66BD5656E.jpeg
2B9D15FB-C917-4DA5-9FE1-42216F243AEC.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha

Skyflier6727

VIP Member
Daily Mail comments about him are negative and that’s even with moderation on.

He can’t claim to be all “bekind” but not practise what he preaches. I’m also sure if it was a completely false article then he / others that know would of posted something by now.

He has been notably absent on social media too. You know he will come back and blame his mental health as if that excuses all bad behaviour

Blahblah93

VIP Member
My friend has just lost 4 stone, she was so happy when I told her she looks great and was so happy to talk about her body and weight loss.
Thats 1 person. Not everyone feels that way. I also lost a shit load of weight but i was on chemo. Ive never been told how great i looked before then. Everyone kept telling me how healthy i looked, i would always say its ashame my medical records don't feel that way.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I thought this was an April fools joke. The people of west/north wales are already protesting because of all the property being purchased for holiday homes/second homes and local people priced out of the area. Horrible that Dr Alex is contributing to a problem in his own native country

Attachments

• Heart

Roseannanna

My hubby is a doctor (I’m not medical at all) but I agree with you. Most marry young and stay married to other doctors or are aged lotharios shagging every nurse or junior doctor that breathes!!
Yup and he can use his celebrity status. He's honestly turned into a dick. I think he's depressed to be honest. He needs to stay off the limelight and social media to focus on himself. He needs some experience working on a psych ward then it'll remind him of what mental health really is about.

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
He’s virtue signalling throwing in the refugee part so no one can say anything bad because he’s doing a nice thing

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
The ex doesn’t deny the cheating reports either.

I did not know he was a decade older than her, there is a massive difference between 21 and 31! I mean what do you even talk about? They are st such different points of their lives.

Plus adding in his 'fame' from love Island and social media - there was definitely a major power imbalance between them.

• Wow

Secretbrillopad

VIP Member
it makes no difference whether he’s from wales or not because he’s still contributing to a massive problem. He will continue to profit off the welsh countryside, whilst sitting in his English mansion and causing problems for the welsh people that live and work in these towns.
Glad someone has called him out for it in the comments, in amongst all the arse licking he receives
Ran here when I saw him post this. Absolutely tone deaf, or more likely, knows exactly what he's doing and the offer to a Ukrainian family was to try and sweeten the fact that he's removed those four properties from the local community who desperately need them.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I like Dr Alex, think he uses his insta fame for good. It was so sad he lost his brother to suicide but he’s ensuring his loss isn’t in vain the work he’s doing for mental health

emm

VIP Member
he’s leaving a&e to be a GP so he’s likely dropping his hours I imagine ? I could be wrong but I feel like he’s heading down the tv doctor route and then working as a GP along side
honestly I don't blame him for wanting to leave a and e after the year it has been, I assume he is trying ot be like those twins who do medical shows on tv (cannot remember their names)

Reactions: 8

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
I don’t think he’ll be single for long if he doesn’t want to be, he’s attractive, intelligent and seems like a really decent guy. He’ll have girls queuing up!
I think that’s true but unfortunately I think most of them won’t be the right sort of girl. I reckon he probably would attach the fame hungry sort that won’t be any good for him.

Reactions: 8