Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imsohungry

It might be an unpopular opinion as I love him and his messages but I don’t love that he does ads. I don’t feel like you can preach about positive mental health and also show off your new sofa at the same time. There is so much evidence to show that social media is detrimental to mental health and the two conflict if you ask me.

Reactions: 12

laughing

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion here...

I can't stand this guy.

He's smarmy, self indulgent and fame hungry. Plays the 'good doctor' card and uses to the NHS in his quest for self promotion.

He's as insincere as they come.

Whilst I do agree with this, I think he has done some good PR work with the NHS during covid, which has slightly changed my opinion of him.

Think I read the he is going to re-train and be a GP, as opposed to working in a hospital.

Heyheyyouyouuu

At least he’s doing something with his profile and has gone back to work unlike the rest of the airheads. Like the nurse, Rachel? She’s gone back to being a nurse and I admire that

So many people are ashamed of being on depression or anxiety meds, if the “post your pill” campaign makes even a couple of people feel less alone then surely it’s a good thing.

Last edited:
  • Heart

What could go wrong?

I think he's played a blinder when it comes to the tricky transition between reality TV and not sinking without a trace.

He's undoubtedly doing excellent work but there's also naked ambition in them there hills.

Sunflower91

VIP Member
Wasn’t thinking about the poor people of that areas mental health as they struggle to afford their homes was he? Just out to line his own pockets the smarmy git.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
A friends daughter got gastric flu around 15 years old. When she returned to school everyone was gushing about how fabulous she looked and how much weight she’d lost. She said it made her feel so good she stopped eating properly to keep off the weight. The more she lost the more compliments she received. Until she developed anorexia. She’s now early 30’s and still suffers with her anxiety regarding her weight. She did an amazing talk and to hear everything was heartbreaking. Having daughters myself we never talked about weight and were as careful as we could be about appearance. But it’s not easy, we are conditioned by the media to look a certain way.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Hayley2349

Something about him which really gives me the ick. He is trying so hard to appear this incredible nice guy, yet to me comes across as very smug. The work he does he great, but you can tell he secretly loves the limelight and to me that’s all he has wanted to achieve

Hayley2349

So because others struggle he shouldn’t have gifted holidays? That’s how I read that. Like I don’t care either way. If someone is gifted something good luck to them. When I had my twins everyone told me to open my Instagram and I’d be sent stuff. That life is not for me. I’d rather keep myself and my children private. I don’t judge those who do it hit it’s not my cuppa. But to say he’ll never know the struggles while his on another gifted holiday etc. so he should just always stay home because others struggle. For me it makes no difference. He can have all the gifted holidays it don’t change my day to day life. I’ll continue to save for our family holiday this year after years of not having one due to covid and it’ll feel better than ever because we’ve missed out. But begrudging him a holiday 😑
I get your point. But like the previous poster said, he is the face of the countries mental health. To me, it comes across as quite hypocritical saying how bad mental health is right now, yet the next story he does is either him posting another freebie holiday/gift when many people will never have that luxury. Apart from simply being a “face” for mental health, what has he actually achieved on his role?. Whilst nothing will ever change overnight, the state of the countries mental health is shocking and is simply getting worse. It’s all well and good by Saying “go for a walk” “post your pill etc”, but for many people, that is simply impossible. I will never begrudge anyone a holiday, but many people, yourself include, have to save up for months, maybe years, to have one holiday. He is the same as many influencers, and to me, he is simply hiding behind this poster boy image to make it seem like he is better than them.

Geee

Chatty Member
At what point can you walk off a mental illness. Fuck off alex it’s a disgrace

• Wow

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I’m a massive fan, at least he’s doing something good with his platform rather than constantly begging for freebies rather than considering getting an actual job. He’s one of the few people I’m happy to use a swipe up from.
He’s mates with TGE and JE from LDNM and they use ‘hell’ and ‘now then’ all the time...which is probably the only thing that annoys me about him, but I can overlook it 😂
As a Tattler, if the worst thing you can think to say about someone is they say "hell" and "now then" too much, which I agree with, it's annoying, they must be a pretty damn good person, because us Tattlers are not known for holding back when calling a twat a twat.

• Haha
  • Heart

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
I like him. I do see the fane hungry side (you wouldn’t be on love island if you wasnt. No one actually goes on their to find love) and using the nhs thing to ride that. But I’d rather that then him be in Dubai, advertising charcoal toothpaste or whatever else the rest of the vapid nobodies are doing.

I do wish he’d stop writing ‘hell’ after every single thing he writes though. It’s so cringe and what does it even mean? He’s trying so hard to be cool when he’s clearly not, and that’s fine

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
I know not everything is down to looks, and he has some reality TV fame, but damn how does he get these women to want him??? He seems to have the personality of a wet flannel on his socials.

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
He is textbook Nice Guy™ for sure. Extremely thin-skinned as we saw time and time again on Love Island and again now.

In his video about the cottages he says “basically I bought it off a very lovely gentleman”. But is now saying he bought it from family.

So either he was lying then (to make himself look more entrepreneurial) or he’s lying now (for reputation damage control). If he can be so easily deceptive about something like that, imagine what else he lies about.