Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

obviously....

VIP Member
I dont hate him...

But he is very much up himself and is very materialistic....bragging about houses, cars etc when people are losing their jobs etc.

He seems to be drifting towards to fame and acts like he is the only nhs worker working through the pandemic. As though he wants people to bow down to him. He must polish his halo at night.

He isn't the worst on there but certainly isn't the best. I used to love his page but now I muted his stories

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I really like Alex. I think he’s really genuine and seems to want to use his platform to do as much good as he can. Devastating that he lost his brother to mental health - I don’t think I could go on if that happened to me. I actually find his “hell” etc quite funny I think he knows he isn’t that “cool” and just plays on it.

this is a small thing but I think shows he cares a lot more than the average influencer... there is a missing girl in SW London (Sarah Everard) and most influencers have just shared the info sheet on her disappearance with no commentary or context but Alex has properly shared twice and added more stories / pages of commentary to make his followers really think - asking if theywere around, can they share, have they seen anything. Ijust think it shows he is a throroughly decent human.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member

This really is incredible
He's amazing. It would be easy for him to just be working in hospital right now, and just do that. (Not easy as in the work is easy, but as in not adding extra to his workload). But he is still working hard pushing his mental health awareness work in addition to slogging his guts out in hospital. He's a great guy. Even if you don't like him, find him fame hungry or whatever, at least he is doing something positive with his fame. 👏👏👏

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Tbh theres nothing wrong with looking for sex, that doesn't make you a creep. Its quite normal to try and go beyond kissing if someone comes back to your house. They were only on their 4th date its hardly a girlfriend. And it doesn't really look like he slid into the other girls DMs, she messaged him first! Its hardly creepy, he was polite and kind when she turned him down. I think its a bit disingenuous for her to present that as him sliding into her DMs
It would bad if he seemed pushy or demanding etc. But he was quite polite and respectful, so I agree like you say, no harm no foul.

Nothing wrong with no strings attached sex for the mutual enjoyment of sex sometimes. Doesn't always have to be a relationship. So if he was somewhere else for a few days and wanted sex, he is perfectly free to seek it out.

Yeah, he's a cringe bag at times, but seeking out sex or whatever is not in itself a problem. I still think he is a basically decent bloke.

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
The “sober” stuff is really irritating. He says he hasn’t got a problem with drink. A moderate drinker who states that they haven’t got a clinical problem with alcohol but just wants to take a break from drinking alcohol, choosing to use the term “sober” is really fucking gaslight-y and he knows it.

That post with a “sober for 30 days” sign is really infuriating for me. As if it’s a huge milestone for a moderate drinker with no problems, fishing for compliments and congratulations in his comments. Idiot commenters actually defending his use of the term and discussing “gatekeeping” of the term ‘sober’ like it’s just a case of semantics when we all know it’s a loaded word.

I have professional experience (ex nurse) and personal experience with loved ones who have fought addictions for much of their adult lives. This prick who frankly, ought to know better with his medical training, purposely mislabelling his period of abstinence totally misrepresents, and is actively harmful to those with real substance misuse issues and addictions who fight tooth and nail for every minute of sobriety.

Sunflower91

VIP Member
My heart really went out to him when he lost his brother and the way he’s using his platform to advocate for mental health education in schools is really admirable.
I look back at my school years and realise my mental health issues started at a young age- but it was never spoken about, anxiety and depression were never topics I encountered until I was older. I remember being in high school and being complimented by a teacher because I’d lost a lot of weight in a short space of time (which sent me fully over the edge with my eating disorder).

I really hope his campaign doesn’t just fizzle out. I hate thinking that there’s kids out there suffering the way I did, or worse. Education and awareness goes such a long way to getting help.

• Heart

veevee04

VIP Member
Just read on a surgery group that Dr Alex George promoted the clinic centre in Turkey for cosmetic surgery. They have botched people ! One patient felt very upset as they had trusted Dr Alex's endorsement.

All very dodgy considering the clinic centres surgeons aren't registered in the UK and aren't regulated by the GMC. Dr Alex isn't a qualified surgeon so really doesn't have the extensive knowledge and experience to recommend a clinic. This should be a fitness to practice issue he has probably been paid a hefty fee, to use his UK doctors registration to promote a unregulated clinic abroad.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I used to really like Alex, had a lot of time for him, I'd cut him some slack because he was a doctor, he's had a tough time with his brother dying and I thought at the end of the day his heart was in the right place even when things weren't great like the ambassador role which was just govt PR.

But he's just becoming more and more of a scrounging influencer, it's becoming harder to like him. And I'm struggling to find my respect for him.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
At least he’s bought them in the area he’s from but I’ll be interested to see how much he charges!

He’s obviously made a LOT of money from all his AD’s etc!
it makes no difference whether he’s from wales or not because he’s still contributing to a massive problem. He will continue to profit off the welsh countryside, whilst sitting in his English mansion and causing problems for the welsh people that live and work in these towns.
Glad someone has called him out for it in the comments, in amongst all the arse licking he receives

Attachments

Holidaysun

Chatty Member
He’s everything the other love islanders aren’t
A real example of someone who has worked hard and deserves to be admired
I can’t stand the vapid culture Instagram has created, where being thick and fake is celebrated
We need more Alex’s in this world

Last edited:

Ceecee3

My main issue is that in his mental health role, he's not listening to people who have been slogging it out for funding for years and represent advocacy groups - they rightfully called him out for it and he got very defensive. As a representative, he needs to not take things personally and have a dialogue with the people who know way more about the issues in mental health access/inequality then he does - because this role isn't about his image and people liking him, it's about promoting the issues around mental health. He needs to separate from the fact that when people criticise this new initiative, they're not criticising him as a person, they're criticising the system he's now fronting which has let these people down. That's the only way he'll make a real difference. We dont need more people saying "talk to someone" - we need someone to talk to. As stated, I work in MH, it's a 3-6 month wait to talk to someone in most areas. Just having glitzy banners and catchphrases with a celeb fronting it isn't anything new - Roman Kemp just did a doc on mental health, Stacey Dooley etc, we have plenty of that. All that does is encourage people to get help but the help doesn't exist.
Sorry to be ranty, it's just an issue close to my heart and I get it's not all Alex's fault but I don't think he's carried himself well so far in this.
Anyway I've seen that he agreed to do some DM exchanges with one of the people he got defensive with to learn more about their concerns and try to represent them, so that's a step in the right direction.

• Heart

LadyWhistledown21

I never watched loved island or really knew who he was until the Pandemic. For some strange reason I had a dream we were together and he was so lovely. Now I secretly love him 😂😻

• Haha
  • Heart

Clover123

VIP Member
As if he didn't want to say he was buying them from his family's land for privacy reasons, he totally just wanted to boast and knew that people would find it less impressive if they knew the truth. He wanted to boast and make it look like he was really rich, but also is still trying to temper it with faux virtue signalling about renting it out to Ukrainians. How people don't see through him is beyond me! This is why influencers continue to lie, they are rarely called out on it, and if they do, they go straight to the BBC crying about "hate". Now we are not sure if he's even really bought the properties, "not suitable for long term residence" makes zero sense when people are living in tiny studio flats all over the country just to be able to get a place of their own- if you can stay in it for a week, you can stay in it full time! So much bs.

Alex was vile and entitled on love island, I'm not surprised he is the same now.

emm

VIP Member
If he’s agenda stops one young person from dying by suicide, then I’m all for his agenda
yeah I agree, surely someone who just did things for "their agenda" wouldn't be working in a gruelling a and E dept? he could probably quit and just work as an influencer like most of the other contestants if he was so selfish

• Haha

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
Wasn’t thinking about the poor people of that areas mental health as they struggle to afford their homes was he? Just out to line his own pockets the smarmy git.
He’s a business man he doesn’t give a shit about mental health. His bath bombs didn’t go to charity, he got given a free (flashy) flat during covid, his YouTube channel is monetised, his Instagram is monetised and he’s a cheating rat

Reactions: 16

Mark81

VIP Member
He has been acting Mr Nice Guy for so long he really thought the housing Ukrainian family angle would get him a load of adoration and he can do no wrong. Like so many influencers, he has created an echo chamber and can't hack criticism (and doesn't actually think he is in the wrong).

Tbh my first thought was why only housing one family when you have 4 homes. Just screams tokenism.

Also the post your pill thing I find very uncomfortable. It's a fine line between not being ashamed of your medication, and glamourisation of pill taking. Especially making it a 'trend' on social media.

I don't buy the body positivity thing either. I think he is a deeply unhappy and troubled man.

• Heart

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Oo, naughty Alex! Sexting other girls while with Ellie! She forgave him but then he did it again but denies he had sex with any of them!

"Unfortunately, Alex went on to sext a number of other women during their relationship and it all came to a head when someone contacted Ellie and spilled the beans about what he had been up to.

"Alex insisted he hadn’t slept with anyone else.

"Ellie is really struggling to believe him though because he was often away on work trips and messages showed him begging to meet girls in hotel rooms."

• Wow
  • Sick