Dr Alex George

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Man he’s milking this ADHD thing isn’t he? I don’t think I believe for a second it’s a genuine diagnosis. We all start a million tasks and don’t finish them - it’s called being busy in a crazy busy world. It’s like “oh there’s a bandwagon - watch Dr Alex jump on it”

Reactions: 9
Man he’s milking this ADHD thing isn’t he? I don’t think I believe for a second it’s a genuine diagnosis. We all start a million tasks and don’t finish them - it’s called being busy in a crazy busy world. It’s like “oh there’s a bandwagon - watch Dr Alex jump on it”
As someone that has ADHD I find it so offensive that nearly every second one now has it😔 its like all the have to have it

Reactions: 9
As someone that has ADHD I find it so offensive that nearly every second one now has it😔 its like all the have to have it
I bet it’s so frustrating and speaking as a professional many that I work with that have ADHD aren’t the ones posting videos and photos screaming about how they have ADHD!

Reactions: 2
My middle two boys have it, and it was such a battle to get the diagnosis. Now it seems wherever you look, everyone on Instagram has it.

Reactions: 6
My middle two boys have it, and it was such a battle to get the diagnosis. Now it seems wherever you look, everyone on Instagram has it.
Private clinics are handing out diagnoses like sweets, it's been a huge scandal. That's presumably how he got his diagnoses, like all the other z-listers who have suddenly and conveniently got ADHD. unlike people who actually have it who have struggled the get diagnosed.

Reactions: 7
Private clinics are handing out diagnoses like sweets, it's been a huge scandal. That's presumably how he got his diagnoses, like all the other z-listers who have suddenly and conveniently got ADHD. unlike people who actually have it who have struggled the get diagnosed.
I live in ireland, I was diagnosed in 1997 it was a long process involving a team of people, I seen a neighbour child get diagnosed over night here and there in the process of getting another child diagnosed but I'd you flash the cash they will give you the report, mean while my 12 year old definitely has it in our house it is in the genes I l my mam us diagnosed ADHD too, and the struggles I see him have, and the way people use it for BAD manners!! That grinds my the wring way, my child has perfect manners! There is a different to a meltdown and a tantrum!!!

Reactions: 3
Exactly, every z list celeb seems to have some kind of neurodivergent diagnosis now just to give them something to talk about when promoting their new book or whatever it is

Reactions: 5
Exactly, every z list celeb seems to have some kind of neurodivergent diagnosis now just to give them something to talk about when promoting their new book or whatever it is
Or when they get caught doing something (or someone) they shouldn’t, they then blame it on their “condition”. It’s being used as a get out of jail free card and it’s such an insult to anyone with a genuine diagnosis

I was diagnosed at 19 (36 now) after spending years being labelled as a naughty, hyper child and going to 3 different secondary schools. I don’t even like to say I have it these days as it’s just dismissed as ‘trendy’ which in turns means I mask, which has a detrimental effect on my mental health. I went on Sertraline last year for anxiety and OCD type symptoms and I swear it’s because of the pressure of hiding my ADHD.

Reactions: 1
I was diagnosed at 19 (36 now) after spending years being labelled as a naughty, hyper child and going to 3 different secondary schools. I don’t even like to say I have it these days as it’s just dismissed as ‘trendy’ which in turns means I mask, which has a detrimental effect on my mental health. I went on Sertraline last year for anxiety and OCD type symptoms and I swear it’s because of the pressure of hiding my ADHD.
I suffer aniexity and depression as result and so does my 12 year old he has ended up in casualty more than one occasion, but it drives my potty my ADHD!!....

I live in ireland, I was diagnosed in 1997 it was a long process involving a team of people, I seen a neighbour child get diagnosed over night here and there in the process of getting another child diagnosed but I'd you flash the cash they will give you the report, mean while my 12 year old definitely has it in our house it is in the genes I l my mam us diagnosed ADHD too, and the struggles I see him have, and the way people use it for BAD manners!! That grinds my the wring way, my child has perfect manners! There is a different to a meltdown and a tantrum!!!
“It’s just my ADHD” is their excuse isn’t it. No, you’re an entitled prick. My boys have never been afforded the luxury of their ADHD as an excuse for when they’re being naughty - not that I’d want them to get away with things because of it, but it baffles me how influencers can use it as a get out of jail free card, but children who are trying to navigate what it means for them in a world that’s set up to see them fail, are basically called naughty or parents are blamed.

“It’s just my ADHD” is their excuse isn’t it. No, you’re an entitled prick. My boys have never been afforded the luxury of their ADHD as an excuse for when they’re being naughty - not that I’d want them to get away with things because of it, but it baffles me how influencers can use it as a get out of jail free card, but children who are trying to navigate what it means for them in a world that’s set up to see them fail, are basically called naughty or parents are blamed.
My son is held responsible for his actions granted some is ADHD related (meltdown) but if he's bold he's held to task he's 12 but it's not as bad when we're in routine but when school is out it's a disaster it has been a few rough days here but I would change him for all the tea in China, but when parents use it as an excuse for bold behaviour it honestly grates on me.

Can I ask how you feel you’re doing on sertraline. My son has severe ocd and we are awaiting his diagnosis of adhd and autism . He’s nearly 16 and he’s been on this medication a month so early days. I’ve not seen any improvement as yet but they’ve doubled his dose from tomorrow and we meet with his psychiatrist tomorrow too. I’m really hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel as the past 2 years have been hell for him and us as a family.

Can I ask how you feel you’re doing on sertraline. My son has severe ocd and we are awaiting his diagnosis of adhd and autism . He’s nearly 16 and he’s been on this medication a month so early days. I’ve not seen any improvement as yet but they’ve doubled his dose from tomorrow and we meet with his psychiatrist tomorrow too. I’m really hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel as the past 2 years have been hell for him and us as a family.
I can’t say I’ve been over the moon with it and I am planning on discussing other options with the GP when I get a chance. The main thing for me is I lost my libido, which I am sure is of no concern to you regarding your son, but for a 36 year old woman who enjoys that aspect of life it’s been horrible. Temporary side effects when I first started were drowsiness and loss of appetite. I still have highly anxious days where I am convinced everyone hates me, everything I do at work is wrong and I’m going to be in trouble and get that nervous feeling in my tummy but the OCD and anxiety episodes have dramatically reduced from several times a week to now and again. For me Sertraline is the doctors ‘go to’ medication and I am interested to know what else there is that would be a better fit for me. I feel for your son and I hope he gets the help he needs, OCD was debilitating me last year and this ‘trendy’ era that celebrities are pushing needs to stop.

Reactions: 1
No idea if he has his own thread on here but MY GOD do we know that John Whaite has ADHD now. Every single post is related back to his ADHD. Alright John. We get it. You’ve got it. I’ve unfollowed him. I can’t take anymore 🙈

Reactions: 4
I have AdHd and autism and it massively affects my life. It essentially affects every action I make and means I struggle to function day to day.

It's absolutely not I put the kettle on for my pasta and forgot to feed the dog. Those are normal manageable day to day difficulties. Yes I do those things but I get so frustrated when infleuncers talk about these very minor things and act like they are an ambassador for neurodivergence.

Reactions: 5
I have AdHd and autism and it massively affects my life. It essentially affects every action I make and means I struggle to function day to day.

It's absolutely not I put the kettle on for my pasta and forgot to feed the dog. Those are normal manageable day to day difficulties. Yes I do those things but I get so frustrated when infleuncers talk about these very minor things and act like they are an ambassador for neurodivergence.
I agree with this! I never want to insult anyone who’s actually neurodivergent but I see so many posts describing normal things that people are saying are because of ADHD. I saw one on LinkedIn by this woman saying she struggled for years because she preferred to work from home and was never allowed, and prefers to work with headphones on to block out noise, and said that was because of her ADHD. Aren’t those just very common and human things to feel? I also feel those things!

I can’t say I’ve been over the moon with it and I am planning on discussing other options with the GP when I get a chance. The main thing for me is I lost my libido, which I am sure is of no concern to you regarding your son, but for a 36 year old woman who enjoys that aspect of life it’s been horrible. Temporary side effects when I first started were drowsiness and loss of appetite. I still have highly anxious days where I am convinced everyone hates me, everything I do at work is wrong and I’m going to be in trouble and get that nervous feeling in my tummy but the OCD and anxiety episodes have dramatically reduced from several times a week to now and again. For me Sertraline is the doctors ‘go to’ medication and I am interested to know what else there is that would be a better fit for me. I feel for your son and I hope he gets the help he needs, OCD was debilitating me last year and this ‘trendy’ era that celebrities are pushing needs to stop.
Speak to the GP about Fluoxetine, that’s has proven to be more beneficial for intrusions in OCD. Sertraline is definitely the go to and often can increase suicidal ideation if not taken properly which is so dangerous! I’m a therapist so have a lot of experience treating OCD 🙂
---
There’s a huge overlap with Autism and OCD, it’s incredibly common for people with ASD to suffer with OCD. I hope the psychiatrist can provide some appropriate support, I’m a CBT therapist which is the recommended therapy for OCD, if you haven’t already looked your local talking therapies service should accept referral from 16 years old.

he doesn’t look healthy in that’s video where he spoke about forgetting to feed his dog because he lost his razor.

are we gatekeeping diagnosis's now? considering there was barely any research years ago a lot of adult women have gone through life being incorrectly diagnosed with depression, anxiety, bpd when actually it's adhd.

myself included.

yes it may seem like 'everywhere you turn' someone has it but god forbid they should get the help they need?

i guarantee you no one goes through the agro of trying to get an nhs appointment or paying thousands of pounds to go private if they aren't 100% sure they have it. because who has time for that?

• Heart
Reactions: 8