Dr Alex George

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get why it’s a problem if a thread praises and criticises someone at the same time. We all have different opinions which is why it’s a forum? I used to think alex was quite sweet but then some of the stuff raised on here made me more aware of his character.

Reactions: 9
If you think this is genuine you are thick as mince. He’s just jumping on the Dry January bandwagon.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think he went sober in advance of dry January so he can lead the charge like he did with post your pill.

Reactions: 3
If you think this is genuine you are thick as mince. He’s just jumping on the Dry January bandwagon.
I have to agree on this, its always the "in thing" he has to post about.

His next cause should be a social media break! Social media is about attention and clout so I suppose some of them are running out of things to be wrong with them.

Reactions: 6
I don’t get why it’s a problem if a thread praises and criticises someone at the same time. We all have different opinions which is why it’s a forum? I used to think alex was quite sweet but then some of the stuff raised on here made me more aware of his character.
But that’s why they have rave threads for those who want to praise then the other sections are for those wanting to criticise. It’s not a big deal if someone wants to praise him on here but if you came across the thread and read from the beginning it was all praise as it used to be in the rave section. I was explaining that’s why there is now criticism as it was moved from the rave section.

And he says he's saved £1,000! He must have been spending an awful lot on alcohol then!

The photo he shared on Instagram about his 30 days sober he looks really thin in the face like he has lost weight from cutting the booze out but then when he was on TV today his face looked fatter. Does he use filters?! :oops:
He also said he used to drink a couple of times a week. That doesn't add up to a grand over a month does it love?

Reactions: 5
But that’s why they have rave threads for those who want to praise then the other sections are for those wanting to criticise. It’s not a big deal if someone wants to praise him on here but if you came across the thread and read from the beginning it was all praise as it used to be in the rave section. I was explaining that’s why there is now criticism as it was moved from the rave section.
That's all good and well but I wasn't really raving about Alex, just that I find it hard to slate him on the sobriety when actually it isn't a bad thing he is doing. Even if he is jumping on another bandwagon. Least it might actually help a few peeps cut down who do look up to him :sneaky: .

Also he may have exaggerated the spending but you would be surprised how much it does all add up. Drinks in London are pricey as are cabs and the food. I've stopped drinking for just over a week, not in London but loved my wine and i've probably saved about £50.

Reactions: 2
Let’s pretend for a second that it’s not been engineered for attention/income:

If his drinking is so out of control he’s blowing a grand a month on booze and related costs - to the point it is a problem he feels needs addressing by stopping - then he shouldn’t have been advising others about mental health for years without at least mentioning his demons. So what else is he hiding? It’s disingenuous at best.

Your own mental doesn’t have to be perfect to help others (no one’s is, of course) but if you have a problem as serious as he is now claiming then pass the mic to someone better placed and get help for yourself. There’s no lucrative income in doing it that way though 😉

It’s all nonsense anyway, even if he did spend a grand it was probably one month - eg probably just had a lot of parties in December and overindulged like many and is now jumping on the Dry January bandwagon to keep himself relevant.

This is the guy who sold his grief story about the loss of a family member to the highest bidder - Lululemon - and sells cheap bath bombs with a ridiculous markup under the guise of mental health / wellbeing with a medicalised brand name. And let’s not forget Alex is turning long term rental properties (ie affordable housing for local residents) into short term holiday lets for maximum profit. And lied about how he acquired the properties. Believe people when they show you over & over who they are.

Reactions: 15
I live in ireland is costly to drink!!.. I remember I was living in the Uk a lady in the que in front of me had a HUGE trolly load of drink.... I had to pick my jaw up off the ground my few bits for my house cost more than the trolly load of booze!!

The “sober” stuff is really irritating. He says he hasn’t got a problem with drink. A moderate drinker who states that they haven’t got a clinical problem with alcohol but just wants to take a break from drinking alcohol, choosing to use the term “sober” is really bleeping gaslight-y and he knows it.

That post with a “sober for 30 days” sign is really infuriating for me. As if it’s a huge milestone for a moderate drinker with no problems, fishing for compliments and congratulations in his comments. Idiot commenters actually defending his use of the term and discussing “gatekeeping” of the term ‘sober’ like it’s just a case of semantics when we all know it’s a loaded word.

I have professional experience (ex nurse) and personal experience with loved ones who have fought addictions for much of their adult lives. This prick who frankly, ought to know better with his medical training, purposely mislabelling his period of abstinence totally misrepresents, and is actively harmful to those with real substance misuse issues and addictions who fight tooth and nail for every minute of sobriety.

Reactions: 18
Not posted on here before but I’ve just seen his latest post, a private message from a parent who has read his book to their 10 year old daughter. I just feel like that message is very very intense to have shared publicly about a child. No doubt he has probably asked the persons permission to share but I just think sharing it for likes shouldn’t have even crossed his mind. If that child really has reacted THAT strongly and emotionally to his book then I’m not sure that’s a good thing? They’re 10! I don’t know, just doesn’t sit right that he’s posted this for nothing other than likes and engagement.

Eurgh I hate that he’s now jumped on the Nicola Bulley Missing Person thing. I don’t think he’s well informed enough to be posting what he is about it.

Reactions: 1
Amazed this wanker is only on 1 thread!

Is he working as a doctor at all now? I remember he went to become a GP rather than working in emergency. But doubt he has time for that will all the bandwagons he keeps jumping on and now on a tv show. His ego won’t fit through the door.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Louder for the people at the back 👏👏👏

“People don’t need Dr Alex”

It was disingenuous and greedy of Alex to ever take up that position.

Reactions: 9

Totally agree about this housing thing, even disregarding the mental health impact of worrying about where you will be livjng jn a months time I dread to think how many health issues living in damp, moudly flats is causing people and as a consequence a huge cost for the NHS. As usual it's just short term thinking by the government

Reactions: 4

Couldn’t agree more and what is even more disingenuous for me is that Dr Alex had no involvement in Mental Health prior to losing his brother to suicide. I find it fascinating that such a well educated and academically high achieving person didn’t have an inkling about having ADHD prior to this huge life changing event (brothers death) that led to a significant increase in followers. I guess the same could be said for the fact he didn’t write and sell 3 books, present TV programs, have a podcast and wasn’t an ambassador for anything. I guess my point is, prior to that event he had no passion or desire for Mental Health but this way he’s getting a lot out of what was a really sad situation.

Equally stand by that he wasn’t thinking about or considerate of his ex’s mental wellbeing when he did what he did to her.

Reactions: 10
My previous point has somewhat been backed up by his latest ad where he’s using anxiety and mental health for an ad for the gym. It’s an ad and therefore to me doesn’t feel genuine