Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geee

Chatty Member
I think the retraining to be a gp is to increase his chances as a tv doctor. Probably try and get an itvbe show in his practice or something

Reactions: 2

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Alex is getting a lot of pushback on Twitter from mental health advocacy accounts and I can see their point and frustrations. I work on the front lines of NHS mental health and giving a doctor the role they have is just so out of touch and such an obvious PR exercise. Alex has been replying to some of the criticis in a very defensive tone, but not acknowledging maybe he should be learning from these activists and using his platform to amplify their voices. Just makes me think he does this more to look good then make a real difference.

The memes have been funny though e.g.
Oh for heavens sake. He’s started an only fans account 🤦‍♀️

maee

Yes I've just seen his post all about her 😂 how has she stayed friends with someone insufferable for all these years?

• Haha

Roseannanna

I’m the same as you, work in the mental health field and that’s why I think I find it so frustrating. All he’s advised from what I can see is “go for a walk”, do some self care. Nothing profound and also not very helpful advice if you are in a bad place. From a flip through his grid more of his posts are ads or “look at me and how I got my dad a land rover for a week” vs actual mental health advice. There’s two different stories going on.

I understand the point of “I gave up my job to do the mental health stuff so I have to make an income” but he'd have more clout to have kept the job OR to at least make the ads relevant to MH, like the non alcoholic beer was a stretch but almost relevant. Having his him done up by Dulux doesn’t help my mental health 😂
Yup it's like practice what you preach!!
Social media is actually one of the main causes of mental health issues in the UK for young people. He's not as bad as many but he's a hypocrite. I think he's burnt out and lost himself a bit. He needs a girlfriend who isn't a big social media fan who will kick him up the backside!

tea2sugars

He had a girlfriend Pre Covid as they posted about missing each other. They then had some socially distanced meet ups and split just before the sad passing of his brother

So my guess would he work, family friend, insta messages (that’s how people seem to do it these days just randomly messaging people)
Ahh ok so he must’ve met this new girl in lockdown then if he split with Amelia last summer. She isn’t in the medical field so maybe a random DM slide or approached her in a bar when we had some freedom. I saw someone spilling the tea on who he’s dating on one of his tiktoks but it’s been deleted now as her name was mentioned so he must be seeing someone/must be true. Was wondering who’s been taking his Insta pics outside!

Eggsandbeans

I reckon the LBC guy said that deliberately - no idea why but he MUST have known everyone and their dog would criticise him for saying what he said.

Bol85

VIP Member
I mean, this is The Sun. I’d take it with a pinch of salt.. ‘a source says’. They just make shit up.

Fewminhun

I live in ireland, I was diagnosed in 1997 it was a long process involving a team of people, I seen a neighbour child get diagnosed over night here and there in the process of getting another child diagnosed but I'd you flash the cash they will give you the report, mean while my 12 year old definitely has it in our house it is in the genes I l my mam us diagnosed ADHD too, and the struggles I see him have, and the way people use it for BAD manners!! That grinds my the wring way, my child has perfect manners! There is a different to a meltdown and a tantrum!!!
“It’s just my ADHD” is their excuse isn’t it. No, you’re an entitled prick. My boys have never been afforded the luxury of their ADHD as an excuse for when they’re being naughty - not that I’d want them to get away with things because of it, but it baffles me how influencers can use it as a get out of jail free card, but children who are trying to navigate what it means for them in a world that’s set up to see them fail, are basically called naughty or parents are blamed.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member

54 seconds into this video he says that the cottages were long term lets. He was lying about them not being residential properties and whoever lived there (or could potentially live there) has now been bought out !!
Great find. How do we copy this or take a clip? Someone clever please help 🤗 Because you know he’s taking it down in 3, 2, 1…

Has he thrown it away? I thought he was becoming a Gp?
I’m not against post your pill but I’m also
Not taking any pills maybe it’s different for others? He does a lot for childrens mental health I got help for my child thanks to him

dxo

But that’s why they have rave threads for those who want to praise then the other sections are for those wanting to criticise. It’s not a big deal if someone wants to praise him on here but if you came across the thread and read from the beginning it was all praise as it used to be in the rave section. I was explaining that’s why there is now criticism as it was moved from the rave section.
That's all good and well but I wasn't really raving about Alex, just that I find it hard to slate him on the sobriety when actually it isn't a bad thing he is doing. Even if he is jumping on another bandwagon. Least it might actually help a few peeps cut down who do look up to him :sneaky: .

Also he may have exaggerated the spending but you would be surprised how much it does all add up. Drinks in London are pricey as are cabs and the food. I've stopped drinking for just over a week, not in London but loved my wine and i've probably saved about £50.