Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anonymous1221

Yep, it’s such an old photo, but what grinds my gears is, like you say, him now waxing lyrical about paediatrics and mental health. He’ll have some clinical experience but not a wealth of it, presumably a placement during his gp training? I hate the way these influencers with the remotest link to a topic suddenly become experts, just to shill stuff. My eldest is moving to a new school this September as we’ve moved house, in addition to that she’s really struggling- has become incredibly clingy since the suicide of a family member and I’m anticipating lots of difficulties with the transition and settling in to a new school- will I be reading his book to help me manage it? Will I buggery!!
So sorry to hear about your relative ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3

hunchedhappy

He's fake he's going into General Practitioner training so he can be a TV doctor and celeb has no interest in actually helping people with mental health conditions. He would have chosen psychiatry as his speciality if he was genuinely interested, which has a massive shortage !

It's too much work for him and not enough money to be had doing psychiatry. Finish his GP training then he will be raking it in doing TV.
He’s not even training anymore. He’s assuming he will be handed it on a plate. Arrogant now which is a shame.

Post your pill is just grassroots marketing. Get all his followers to do the hard work. The problem is he had drive a few years ago, as anyone would… I think now he has no idea (I’m not sure he really ever had a proper plan) where he wants this to go. He’s forever ‘buying time’ with his posts. It was a good idea and for all it’s worth, he’s still a role model for some… but I’m not sure he hasn’t bitten off too much here.

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
I said that particular clinic is known to have botched people I didn't say the whole of turkey. I have had a surgery in Turkey and it went fine. He shouldn't be recommending a clinics abroad anyway he's not a plastic surgeon and he's advertising for UK patients to go there by using his UK registration as a doctor to create an element of trust. It's unethical at best
Report him to the GMC.

(Obviously, only If he has broken the rules)

Last edited:
I can’t say I’ve been over the moon with it and I am planning on discussing other options with the GP when I get a chance. The main thing for me is I lost my libido, which I am sure is of no concern to you regarding your son, but for a 36 year old woman who enjoys that aspect of life it’s been horrible. Temporary side effects when I first started were drowsiness and loss of appetite. I still have highly anxious days where I am convinced everyone hates me, everything I do at work is wrong and I’m going to be in trouble and get that nervous feeling in my tummy but the OCD and anxiety episodes have dramatically reduced from several times a week to now and again. For me Sertraline is the doctors ‘go to’ medication and I am interested to know what else there is that would be a better fit for me. I feel for your son and I hope he gets the help he needs, OCD was debilitating me last year and this ‘trendy’ era that celebrities are pushing needs to stop.
Speak to the GP about Fluoxetine, that’s has proven to be more beneficial for intrusions in OCD. Sertraline is definitely the go to and often can increase suicidal ideation if not taken properly which is so dangerous! I’m a therapist so have a lot of experience treating OCD 🙂
---
Can I ask how you feel you’re doing on sertraline. My son has severe ocd and we are awaiting his diagnosis of adhd and autism . He’s nearly 16 and he’s been on this medication a month so early days. I’ve not seen any improvement as yet but they’ve doubled his dose from tomorrow and we meet with his psychiatrist tomorrow too. I’m really hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel as the past 2 years have been hell for him and us as a family.
There’s a huge overlap with Autism and OCD, it’s incredibly common for people with ASD to suffer with OCD. I hope the psychiatrist can provide some appropriate support, I’m a CBT therapist which is the recommended therapy for OCD, if you haven’t already looked your local talking therapies service should accept referral from 16 years old.

I was diagnosed at 19 (36 now) after spending years being labelled as a naughty, hyper child and going to 3 different secondary schools. I don’t even like to say I have it these days as it’s just dismissed as ‘trendy’ which in turns means I mask, which has a detrimental effect on my mental health. I went on Sertraline last year for anxiety and OCD type symptoms and I swear it’s because of the pressure of hiding my ADHD.
I suffer aniexity and depression as result and so does my 12 year old he has ended up in casualty more than one occasion, but it drives my potty my ADHD!!....

Private clinics are handing out diagnoses like sweets, it's been a huge scandal. That's presumably how he got his diagnoses, like all the other z-listers who have suddenly and conveniently got ADHD. unlike people who actually have it who have struggled the get diagnosed.
I live in ireland, I was diagnosed in 1997 it was a long process involving a team of people, I seen a neighbour child get diagnosed over night here and there in the process of getting another child diagnosed but I'd you flash the cash they will give you the report, mean while my 12 year old definitely has it in our house it is in the genes I l my mam us diagnosed ADHD too, and the struggles I see him have, and the way people use it for BAD manners!! That grinds my the wring way, my child has perfect manners! There is a different to a meltdown and a tantrum!!!

She’s made a few comments about them previously, saying how people change and you don’t want to be with them anymore and then made funny faces. She’s also been asked before in Q&As about it and won’t say anything just that they went their separate ways....they never say anything....I always wonder if she slept with one of them and it all went wrong😂, or was something to do with her books. Their plan is based on flexible dieting and a fairly decent amount of calories.

Yel

Chatty Member
Maybe I'm just old, but is it really so unacceptable to say to someone they're looking healthy? Now all comments about appearance are strictly offlimits?

Screenshot_20211022-165818_Instagram.jpg

Sunflower91

VIP Member

Had this TikTok land on my FYP today and it’s left such a bitter taste. I know this is one sided but his manager sounds kind of rude and for a mental health centric company you’d think diversity (university seemed to be important, as did location- reeks of classism) and work life balance would be important. But clearly it’s only important when you don’t work for Alex and it’s not all publicity pill posting.
About time he was moved from the rave thread to the “influencer” since that is clearly his end goal.

Roseannanna

That's because Cornwall is full up now and Cornish people are trying to make it difficult for Londoners to buy properties and quite right too!

Roseannanna

Something about him which really gives me the ick. He is trying so hard to appear this incredible nice guy, yet to me comes across as very smug. The work he does he great, but you can tell he secretly loves the limelight and to me that’s all he has wanted to achieve
That's just alot of people in the NHS especially even more after the pandemic. Just have a look at med twitter and nurse twitter and you will see!

MrsBudd

My opinion of him has definitely started to change over the last few days. Used to really like him but not so sure now.