Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

6666newuser

He was always a creep. One of the girls he met up with from tinder before going on love island 2018 exposed him for only wanting to meet up for sex. BTW he previously admitted he got on the show after the love island producers spotted him on a dating app & invited him for a audition interview.
5E835D53-03F2-45E0-A009-F2E038E0DE2D.jpeg
AEB767D1-596A-48B6-B1C2-896C0413F6D1.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Hayley2349

It might be an unpopular opinion as I love him and his messages but I don’t love that he does ads. I don’t feel like you can preach about positive mental health and also show off your new sofa at the same time. There is so much evidence to show that social media is detrimental to mental health and the two conflict if you ask me.
I agree. I also think that this whole showing your medication thing means everyone jumping on board for attention. He clearly loves any attention, yes he is using his status for a good cause, but that also means he gets constant freebies and attention. Definitely an ulterior motive for doing all this positivity stuff.

Geee

Chatty Member
I came here as I saw the cheating stuff but just wanted to comment, I am a mental health nurse and this guy has no clue on the realities of mental health services. The stuff he promotes is very basic and shows he has never actually done a shift working on a psych ward etc. It really grates on me lol
Exactly where is the even mention of anything other than very minor depression? Talk of early interventions, promotion of contacting crisis teams etc. Go for a walk and post your pills 🙄 yet to see someone post their clozapine as this would not be met with the same warmth as depression.

Based on my years of research and having plastic surgery in Turkey, there are no more risks there than there are in the UK. I’ve seen far more people botched here than in Turkey.
I think even if the clinic hadn’t botched anyone that it would still be a fitness for practice issue given he is being paid to endorse a medical procedure

Hayley2349

He is monetising mental health - how can that not leave a bad taste.

He is in this for himself, and himself alone. I believed he was after an easy (comparatively) lucrative career as a telly doctor as soon as he was revealed as a medical doctor on Love Island. If he was simply trying to improve mental health on the national health he wouldn't be doing the other stuff, the influencer ads, the comped holidays and experiences the begging for freebies for expensive things that other medics and mental health professionals pay for themselves from their salary, selling his bath bombs (is he angling for a spot of the apprentice?) and sliding into 19 / 20 year old women's DM's. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Loosing a family member, and such a young one is absolutely heart wrenching, but it is not a free pass in life to act as he does using people (his auidence, vulnerable people suffering with their own mental health, his ex, random women etc) and it doesn't suddenly make him a good guy. He is who he is.
Literally this 👍

• Heart

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
He seems to get a free pass because he works for the NHS

he was basically given a really plush flat to live in during the pandemic because he worked for the nhs, constant freebies and has used it to up his media presence
He also used his following to share, share, share and tag Boris Johnson when he wanted the Ambassador job as obviously that bumped up his media profile even more and got him even more freebies.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Saying he won’t bother explaining and then going on to explain lol. Can’t help himself. It’s depressing pricks like this have a platform.

emm

VIP Member
To be fair to him I think that’s what the majority of people on Tinder are looking to do 😂
yeah exactly, honestly I am a woman and wouldn't bother contuining with someone who wouldn't sleep with me after 4 dates, especially from somewhere like tinder. Not like it is somewhere like match where you are really trying to find a partner

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
I work in mental health, I'm a psychologist and you're bang on the money. Alex doesn't seem to understand the politics affecting MH services at the moment. If your mental health is bad but getting out for a stomp will help you - guess what, most services are geared up and funded enough to offer you therapy as you're considered someone with short-term mental health issues. This is what we have the biggest funding in the UK for.
If you're someone in more distress, as you said - not even washed or had self care motivation, and have longer term problems, MH services are scarce and quick to offer advice like 'go for a walk, make a cup of tea' which patients who've struggled with depression or severe disorders for years find insulting and just want real help which is more intensive and longer term psychotherapeutic input.

Yup you're right but only for influencers and big brands who want to put up billboards with a catchy slogan. Not for us NHS psychologists or our patients. Can you imagine how infuriating it is for our patients to see someone like Alex, a med doctor with very little MH training or knowledge of the MH system on national Tv saying things like just go for a walk etc. I know he's been more nuanced then that but it's still ignorant at best and offensive at worst.

BTW I quoted 2 people here and have had a bit of a rant but want to apologise if it seems like I'm ranting at either of you - I'm not! I'm just fatigued from supporting seriously mentally ill people during this pandemic who can't get the help they need whilst being bombarded with well meaning hashtags that cater more for common depression/anxiety symptoms, not severe illness - and Alex is again catering to that overcrowded market.
I didn’t take it as a rant either.

I perhaps worded it badly when I said money in mental health. I meant influencers using it to grow platforms (im sure a lot are genuine, but a lot feel like they are getting on the latest thing to raise their own following)

Thanks for all the hard work you and others do

Blahblah93

VIP Member
I think I like him and then I remember he applied to go on Love Island - you gotta be a slight cock to apply for that show. He hides it well though.

Ceecee3

As people have already said, nothing wrong with hook ups as long as it's consensual and respectful which it feels like he is. Might not be everyone's taste but whatever.
I think maybe some people find it jarring to hear this because they see him so much as his scripted Love Island self where he seemed to have no game whatsoever or confidence - but obviously in real life, he is quite confident and can approach women.

Kmux

VIP Member
I unfollowed him after the latest post your pill. I am too anxious to approach my doctor about going on medication, I can’t even get an appointment to see a doctor without a massive fight beforehand which I don’t have the energy for. I do not see a regular doctor, always a locum. I am such a peak with my anxiety for the past year I have had to have extra support at work due to breaking down there a couple of times. I would LOVE to be able to post my pill but it feels impossible to get any help I need 😞

• Sad

SummerLeaves2004

Does not surprise me one bit. The guy is an absolute tool. He's as smarmy as they come.
His constant virtue signalling makes my skin crawl.

mileinmyslippers

He’s lovely and a fantastic role model. Odd to think he was ever on love island. But would be nice to see more people on that show that do something other then flog teeth whitener when they finish

Fifi999

Chatty Member
I agree something seedy about him. He is also following influencer Niomi Smart and been liking and posting on her pics

• Wow