Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
He literally gives me the ick so bad he looks like one of those chipmunks off Alvin and the chipmunks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Daddy Cool

“Lost in communication” either he has bought these cottages or he hasn’t. For an educated guy he’s severely misjudged it if he thought he could lie about buying them and no one would question it…

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Call me a cynic but I think he posted that pic of himself on holiday clearly having gained weight hoping he would get loads of comments saying so and then he could make use of it with his mental health campaign again. He's also in the Daily Fail today and quite a few comments mentioning his weight gain.

Yes I don't agree with him getting freebies and doing AD's but I suppose he'll use the excuse he needs the revenue from AD's to enable him to take time off work for his mental health awareness role.

are we gatekeeping diagnosis's now? considering there was barely any research years ago a lot of adult women have gone through life being incorrectly diagnosed with depression, anxiety, bpd when actually it's adhd.

myself included.

yes it may seem like 'everywhere you turn' someone has it but god forbid they should get the help they need?

i guarantee you no one goes through the agro of trying to get an nhs appointment or paying thousands of pounds to go private if they aren't 100% sure they have it. because who has time for that?
Well said. I’m recently diagnosed as is my
Youngest. It’s highly likely Alex has adhd as he also has dyslexia and unfortunately they are co morbid conditions. I suspect his younger brother also had undiagnosed adhd and or ASD, as suicide at a young age can also go hand in hand 🥲. More people are being diagnosed due to research and advanced understanding, not everyone is jumping on the bandwagon!! It’s not easy and or cheap to get diagnosed!

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
My middle two boys have it, and it was such a battle to get the diagnosis. Now it seems wherever you look, everyone on Instagram has it.
Private clinics are handing out diagnoses like sweets, it's been a huge scandal. That's presumably how he got his diagnoses, like all the other z-listers who have suddenly and conveniently got ADHD. unlike people who actually have it who have struggled the get diagnosed.

Snooper82

He’s big mates with 2 of the founders of London Muscle, James and Tom Exton (twins). He did a personal training course with them and they’re big into super cars and both have you tube channels. If I recall correctly he started with the now then and hell comments when he started hanging around with them as they were saying it all the time. JE_LDN and TGE_LDN they’re called on insta. It was one of those he joined last week to collect the new Lamborghini. I’m mot sure if they advise him on his you tube content to grow his brand as both are very successful entrepreneurs. James was a barrister and Tom works in the city.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I think tbh he looks like he is really struggling with his mental health and is obsessively stomping and having baths so he doesn't have to process his brothers death.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if this was the case. An awful thing to happen to him and his family. Nobody would find it easy to deal with or process. Very easy to try and mask the struggle to keep up appearances or trying to pretend to remain strong to be support for other family etc.

Loveitme

VIP Member
Alex's role is useless. We don't need mental health awareness, we need access to treatment! His role is just a way for the government to look like they are doing something, but doesn't cut the waiting lists for therapy because there has been no investment in NHS mental health services. Instagram posts and documentaries don't help those in need of help,
This a million times over .We need action .I think we’re all well aware of the mental health crisis at this point and the dire lack of access to support

emm

VIP Member
I hope he’s not going for GP training because he thinks it’s easier than hospital medicine - he is in for a big shock if that’s the case!
i don't work in medicine... but after this situation I imagine lots of doctors will be. So many A and E workers are now being treated for PTSD, I understand wanting to move away from this

stardust21

VIP Member
Is it really something to be proud of… meeting Boris Johnson…? A man who literally has absolutely no morals whatsoever

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
I think I like him and then I remember he applied to go on Love Island - you gotta be a slight cock to apply for that show. He hides it well though.
yeh I don't think anyone with a modicum of intelligence would want to go on this unelss they were desperate to just be "famous for being famous"

Blahblah93

VIP Member
It's getting ridiculous. I've lost a bit of weight (I really needed to) and loads of people keep telling me I'm looking good...'you've lost weight', 'looking skinny', 'looking good'. I like it! I don't take offence. But I did notice on the weight loss thread on here that people are offended if they're told they've lost weight and look good. I don't get it? To me, I want people to notice I now look a lot healthier instead of very overweight. 🤷‍♀️
I lost over 3 stone and everyone kept telling me i looked great and healthy but actually i was extremely ill due to chemo.

• Sad
This will be such an unpopular opinion but I really dislike him. Whilst getting an understanding on mental health is great but he is taking the reality of mental illness away. Being someone who suffered significantly growing up having someone say "oh I feel like that too" is one of the most degrading things. As for this pill awareness crap, anti-depressants are prescribe as easily as anti biotics. I bet people will still gasp if you say you take anti psychotics. I get the gist of it all but Mental illness isn't being shown at all.

Roseannanna

Lol I've had arguments with people on my Instagram for calling him out on his lack of insight into mental health system etc.

He needs to go back to go offline for a bit. Get some experience working in mental health as a locum ! Because he is coming across a hypocrite. I wouldn't wish anything his mental health to deteriorate but since he's stopped being a full time doctor he has lost reality.

• Heart
I think because of his complexion he was always a bit sunburnt. Im fair and i think i dont look myself ij the sun at all, pasty with patches of sunnurn wherever my sun cream was patchy!
I think he was slightly awkward in a way your typical love island lad isnt too.

I have a soft spot for Alex - think he was a bit too good for that show
I don’t think it was to do with his sunburn 😂 it was a mixture of knowing that he was probably more the real deal and wouldn’t just play the part like the other islanders to get their 5 mins of fame, bet they’re kicking themselves now though as I’d say he’s one of the most successful!

imsohungry

Ughhh this is exactly my point. Social media is one of the biggest detriments to young peoples mental health. If he’s SO passionate, his social media should be squeaky clean. Just talking about his walks and what not.. (I haven’t actually really seen what useful info he posts on Instagram about peoples mental health to even comment) not showing off his bloody holiday to Dubai of all places, which is unattainable for so so may, and not showing off all this crap which will lead to people feeling shit. Like you literally cannot do both. How does he not see the hypocrisy!! Like he’s getting his flat decorated for free. Come on man.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
That's because Cornwall is full up now and Cornish people are trying to make it difficult for Londoners to buy properties and quite right too!
I think Wales are trying to go that way and introduce taxes for these people.
There’s quite a few comments on his post now criticising him
The super wealthy forget what implications their decisions have on us common folks