Dougherty Dozen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, all these gifts mean nothing. You can spoil a child with material gifts. You can make them entitled, give them the chance of having lack of respect for anything, make them not appreciate anything. But you can not spoil a child with love. We are fortunate we can buy our child what ever she wants but we dont. We buy her what she needs and spend all our time with her. We craft, bake, go walking, dance, sing, spend endless hours reading, playing and take her to her clubs. Admittedly we have one. But she doesnt need to buy and spend like she does. The kids wont remember what they got bought or what they have but they will remember that no one sits and plays with them or helps them learn a skill or talent. I find it so sad. X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think the mum has high anxiety or mental health issues she has said a few times about not been able to sit still.

Reactions: 2
I think the mum has high anxiety or mental health issues she has said a few times about not been able to sit still.
yeah I wonder about anxiety, especially with buying things. She buys so much of the same stuff every week like as if she's panic buying

New to this family, I am exhausted with all her xmas gift shopping , hough oddly therapeutic vicariously. Her eyes are so intense is she seems very intense as a person.

Reactions: 5
Can’t believe the expenses and tat just in the stockings. A lot will just be binned as a16 and 4 won’t like the same thing. A lot it kids would be lucky to get that monetary value for their whole presents In the current climate.

Reactions: 1
I’m suprised she hasn’t put up her Xmas eve celebration. I wonder if it got cancelled due to the weather.

The 5 hour gift wrapping video melted my head (not that I sat through all 5 hours), the sheer volume of presents. Someone in the comments pointed out that the boys got a lot more expensive stuff than the girls - I didn't pay that much attention tbh, slightly distracted by other commenters who think this is all fine and praiseworthy.

Reactions: 4
The 5 hour gift wrapping video melted my head (not that I sat through all 5 hours), the sheer volume of presents. Someone in the comments pointed out that the boys got a lot more expensive stuff than the girls - I didn't pay that much attention tbh, slightly distracted by other commenters who think this is all fine and praiseworthy.

Whyyyyyyyy would you put up such a long video when they've already shown pretty much everything they bought on the shopping vlog?! I'm pretty new to this family but what is it with the 'but first, coffee'? I'm sure she's a nice lady but she seems overly caffeinated. Absolutely baffling but hope the kids appreciated that mountain of gifts.

Whyyyyyyyy would you put up such a long video when they've already shown pretty much everything they bought on the shopping vlog?! I'm pretty new to this family but what is it with the 'but first, coffee'? I'm sure she's a nice lady but she seems overly caffeinated. Absolutely baffling but hope the kids appreciated that mountain of gifts.
I didn't see the shopping vlog, I am not subscribed and usually only watch the shopping videos when YT puts them in my suggestions. But I spent the past hours watching and reading critical, exposing, stuff about them - the other DD thread on here put me onto it - and I am so put off right now.
The coffee thing, its her catchphrase, I find so disgusting. Those huge cups, drinking coffee through a straw and the tons of creamer. Thats a dessert, not a drink.

I didn't see the shopping vlog, I am not subscribed and usually only watch the shopping videos when YT puts them in my suggestions. But I spent the past hours watching and reading critical, exposing, stuff about them - the other DD thread on here put me onto it - and I am so put off right now.
The coffee thing, its her catchphrase, I find so disgusting. Those huge cups, drinking coffee through a straw and the tons of creamer. Thats a dessert, not a drink.
Other thread? Can you possibly post a link?

I was watching the Dad Challenge Podcast on YT and he seems obsessed with the DD though similarly he wants views for what he is accusing the family of, from what I skimmed through and am not in anyway being factual. It is alleged Alicia is a functioning alcoholic and so is her husband, Alicia is apparently obsessed with views and camera in face which is no real different to any monetised family vloggers. There was some weird stuff about one kid is a runner and is strapped down, others locked in room, she has bias on present spending etc, over spending is quite gross, you only need to install the thumbs down plugin for youtube to see the numbers. There is stuff about house cleanliness and apparently they are moving to new home as she wants a reality show, anyway it is all rumour or from what I skimmed heard/read. Anyway between DCP and the DD there is some law suit being slapped down so i guess I will wait with the popcorn.

Reactions: 6
These come up on my tiktok
Didn’t realise they had YouTube too
She just feeds those children so so much food
Obviously better than too little food but it’s quite insane the volume of food she makes for them
These YouTube videos are way too long she could edit them and cut half of it out

Something doesnt sit well with me about this family, anyone else get off vibes with Alicia and also the son Alex...

And it's quite sad to see how unhealthy James is becoming :/
I don't like to throw around diagnoses based on YT videos, but seeing him walk makes me wince. They may want to consider seeing an orthopedist, and a GP.
I do understand that foster children often have medical and mental health problems, but isn't it telling that all her biological kids all seem to have issues too?

It grinds my gear what is sold as 'yogurt' in the US, all the YoCrunch, dessert-flavoured Chobanis, GoGurts etc. they buy. The one kid who gets the peach yogurt probably has the healthiest option.

I bet at least one of the kids (Zoe?) who goes horseback riding will get a pony for their birthday next year. She has to keep up with the flexing after that Christmas haul.

I cant get my head round the amount of rubbish they eat. Even for 14 there is no way that amount of food would be consumed. James is morbidly obese and its so obvious he is uncomfortable in his own body but probably eats as a comfort and the vicious circle continues. I also feel she made it look like his biological parents only bought him a soft toy. Its was purposely edited that way.

• Sick
I cant get my head round the amount of rubbish they eat. Even for 14 there is no way that amount of food would be consumed. James is morbidly obese and its so obvious he is uncomfortable in his own body but probably eats as a comfort and the vicious circle continues. I also feel she made it look like his biological parents only bought him a soft toy. Its was purposely edited that way.
Its disgusting how much junkfood they eat. Im always cringing and squirmy watching Alex, he makes me really uncomfortable. James is obese forsure, Dayshawn and Nevaeh cringe at them all too, you can just read whats going through their minds.

Reactions: 3