Doireann O'Leary #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A gym would be the last place I’d go. Or an influenza.
Well
Clearly it’s gyms in Ireland. My supplements are pure with nothing else added to them. Not sure what they are putting into them in Ireland as have no experience of it.

Reactions: 1
Pure what? Naturopaths have no medical training so anyone taking supplements they andvise are taking a risk with their health.

Reactions: 8
Naturopaths are quacks, I don’t think that’s limited to the island of Ireland!
And nutritionists aren't always much better. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist in Ireland. It's not a protected term. A dietician is the only one I'd trust. See screenshot from indi.ie below.
---
Supplements mostly create expensive urine.
And the funny thing is, Doireann herself always said this, until she launched her own supplements and she changed her tune, that is! She always said they were expensive urine, unless your GP puts you on them for an actual deficiency. Pity greed won out for Dr D.
---
She’s back with the red light again. It is pseudoscience and the lack of good data about red light treatment for anti-aging is explained well by Dr David Robert Grimes, who combats science misinformation in Ireland.

I requested that both Dr Grimes and Lab Muffin Beauty Science pay a visit to Dr Doireann’s page so they could comment on her airplane SPF reel. Both had their comments restricted and Dr Grimes was ultimately blocked by Dr Doireann.
This is really interesting! I've been wondering about this red light threrapy, and if it actually works.

Are Doireann's claims on this post - that it 'is PROVEN to stimulate collagen and elastin, reduce lines and wrinkles and even skin tone' incorrect so, do you know?? If so, she needs to be reported!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She needs to be reported for the amount of text she puts on her pictures/stories!!! It's like a novel every time!!! Too much time on ones hands!!!

Reactions: 10
Is it a coincidence that Laura Dowling also sells supplements? 😜

I’ve given this whole phenomenon of selling your looks and the perceived value of your credentials to make money online some thought. I’ve a few former classmates that are trying to break into this space. They almost all end up doing something with diets, aesthetic medicine, skincare or these useless supplements.* But why?

You can’t make extra money as a doctor/health professional selling regulated drugs or even advice, because medical advice isn’t a unique, trademarked or a scaleable product. This is due to ethics and regulation. It can also get you in legal trouble or put your licence in jeopardy if you try to promote prescription drugs for your own gain or give blanket, one-size fits all advice.

What you can sell to the masses using your credentials is a book about something, your social media personality (or lack thereof), skincare or supplements which are tangible and easy to ship.

Or if you are actually very intelligent or a visionary, you can create a medical device and slap your name on it. But you’ll probably need product developers, engineers, marketers, regulatory admin people, solicitors, angel investors, etc. to make it happen.

So if you are a bog standard GP that wants a quick euro, what do you do? Make an insta page, wear some nice form fitting clothes, and market yourself, selling your privileged lifestyle as something attainable through your Aesthetics practice and supplements.

I’m so tired of the sell outs on social media flouting nonsense and quite rightfully decreasing public trust in our profession.

The guilty ones: Dr Laura GP, Dr Sam Bunting (not a dermatologist lol), Dr Doireann, and Huberman labs. There are countless others but I don’t have the ability to keep up with all the charlatans.

* they weren’t the best and brightest in their class, and are usually GPs because plastic surgeons in this space have marketable skills that pay a lot more. And hospital consultants make enough money and have enough of a public reputation to protect to want to stay away from the instahun life.

Btw im not dissing GPs, my husband is one, we know many others and the majority of them have no interest in ripping off patients or the public with unfounded, poorly researched treatments for problems that either don’t exist or would go away on their own.
Post of the Year

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s so deranged looking! I’d say the necklace in the latest stories weighs more than her!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
She always has the sneak in her supplements when posting about other things, just so she doesn't have to label it as an #ad 🙄🙄🙄 Who drinks their supplements in the bathroom anyway??

Attachments

Reactions: 9
She always has the sneak in her supplements when posting about other things, just so she doesn't have to label it as an #ad 🙄🙄🙄 Who drinks their supplements in the bathroom anyway??
Sneaky sums her up. Like at least shill your products ethically for God's sake.

Reactions: 6
Other doctors themselves are getting very angry at her blatend conflicts of interest (and IMO malpractice). Has anyone ever considered reporting her?
1000074255.jpg

---
Damn I see someone else already kindly shared the twitter post!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.