Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
So, if you've borrowed (say) 400k and inflation is (say) 10%, and you work in any sector really, the likelihood is that you'll have a wage increase to some extent. The real value of your money won't change as you'll be paid more in, but spending more, so your real income doesn't increase. On the other hand, the 400k that you borrowed is static (it's not quite that simple cos you're paying interest on it). So whilst you're earning more money (but in real terms not earning any more) then the bank is not really making anything on the mortgage as whilst the real value of money has decreased, the value of the mortgage has gone with it.

so if you were earning 50k and for some reason your employer was a normal person and increased your wages in line with inflation, then you're on 55k. The bank can just increase the money they've lent you to 440k, so in essence the bank (or the state if you want to think in that way) is taking the hit on inflation. With interest rates recently at all time lows, you would have been best to buy a house around 2010-2014 but I suppose that sage advice probably isn't an awful lot of use right now.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Buy low, sell high.

• Haha
Reactions: 1

snmb

I know in some super fancy new kitchen models, you can get ones that pop up and down from the counter. Maybe she has those.

I agree with everyone else here about it being sickening that two people with doctors' salaries are being gifted this. And whatever about the surgeon husband not having an Instagram presence, he has a surgeon's salary and presumably a conscience. He could have said "Doireann, no. We can well afford our own kitchen, it's kind of morally wrong for us to accept this".

And god it's a dull, vile one they chose in my opinion. A mirrored backsplash.......practical!!!
Pop up sockets, well that's a new one on me. I do like the sound of them and I think most other bloggers, whether paid or not, would give a more thorough demonstration of fancy things like pop up sockets. Maybe a collab with Kenwood/bosch is next.

QTKT

Random question but what's Dr Doireanns maiden name? It's unusual for doctors on social media to always go by their married name
O Driscoll. And yes I agree given that you are given your qualification by your name at time of graduation. So weird.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Hilary recently called out the new Brown Thomas in Dundrum for selling IV drips, wonder if one of the BTs social media managers / PR team complain against her? 🤔
Very doubtful