Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heidi88

VIP Member
Doireann's beloved asap skincare have sent Julie from Twins and Me a PR drop. Talk about chalk and cheese with Julie and Doireann. Doireann won't be happy! Also what a stupid name for a skincare brand. Doireann pronounces it asop but I always think asap as in as soon as possible.

Reactions: 1

QTKT

Did she just do a before and after of hair saying using her supplements helped her hair when she has extensions…. !!! She must think we’re thick as a ditch !!
U can see the extensions in her hair. She’s such a joke

Shellac

I don’t think she is wearing any gloves on her SkI holiday. Her hands look as red. The jacket doesn’t look like an appropriate jacket for skiing and she has no helmet.
I would imagine she took off helmet for the photo?
I have seen jackets like that on the slopes.
Where she is In Austria is very stylish.

BangAndTheDirtIsGone!

Did she not say the other week that free contraception wouldn’t be coming any time soon to Ireland even though she had “hoped” it would be September. Then suddenly free contraception announced yesterday?! 🤔

Icannot

Yes but if a couple is 100% certain they’re done with making babies then vasectomy is a good choice. Rather than the woman having her tubes tied or taking hormonal contraception. I think doireann’s narrative on the topic has been more to highlight that vasectomy is a pretty good choice, but one that is often overlooked in favour of the woman shouldering the responsibility. As you say, each to their own, but it is usually the case that the woman deals with it rather than the man.
Hmm , I think she feels it should be the only option if couples feel they don’t want any more kids. As I said , my unpopular opinion.

Eating disorder is a psychiatric illness.
It is discriminatory to say she shouldn't be working as a doctor if she has a mental health diagnosis.
I would say she works 80+ hours some weeks.
So seems like she's functioning well to be fit to do that.
Don't judge her on first glance of her page or her photos.
She is absolutely nothing like doireann. She works non stop. She's very funny. She seems kind. She is very opinionated and far from the usual bland Instagram women.
()

Why does dr. Doireann have a new accent in her video on hayfever advice.
I really hate when people change to a Dublin type accent to make it in media.
It is a very bad example to see a doctor that is emaciated, doctors are seen as the definition of success in our society and seeing an emaciated frame in front of them is not good for a patient

Hugo1983

Explain this please?
So, if you've borrowed (say) 400k and inflation is (say) 10%, and you work in any sector really, the likelihood is that you'll have a wage increase to some extent. The real value of your money won't change as you'll be paid more in, but spending more, so your real income doesn't increase. On the other hand, the 400k that you borrowed is static (it's not quite that simple cos you're paying interest on it). So whilst you're earning more money (but in real terms not earning any more) then the bank is not really making anything on the mortgage as whilst the real value of money has decreased, the value of the mortgage has gone with it.

so if you were earning 50k and for some reason your employer was a normal person and increased your wages in line with inflation, then you're on 55k. The bank can just increase the money they've lent you to 440k, so in essence the bank (or the state if you want to think in that way) is taking the hit on inflation. With interest rates recently at all time lows, you would have been best to buy a house around 2010-2014 but I suppose that sage advice probably isn't an awful lot of use right now.

Hopefully that makes sense.

skearns

I don’t think she does much GP work anymore. You see her doing some Fridays and see her teaching in UCC which is only a few hours but apart from that it’s all her social media and TV stuff.

Sparagon/1

Chatty Member
She is extremely problematic in general.
On one hand she’s snootily and aggressively trying to denigrate Consultants, insinuating she knows MORE, and spouting potentially misleading advice e.g the post on cranberry juice. Other docs on insta who genuinely have accounts for info and sharing do not do this. Niamh Lynch is a consultant paediatrician - she regularly states “not my area” when asked certain questions and posts info / facts and constant helpful Q&As as does consultant Obgyn Vicky O Dwyer. Neither of these post spon con either.
On the other she’s coming on with absolute nonsense “content” about the real hard hitting medical issues such as manicure lamps being a risk for skin cancer on your hands 😂 (first world problems much?!) Then snoring! (second silly post about this - didgeridoos and muscle exercises like pushing a spoon with your tongue?!), sleep - it’s good to get 8 hours of sleep in case no one knew, inconsistent advice about supplements - don’t take them unless guided or necessary but DO buy my own brand without any guidance thanks! This also is without doubt breaching ethical guidelines with the Medical Council.
All the while she’s shoving stupid reels out wearing her scrubs and Steth AT HOME and faffing about with tan and facials sponcon.
And all the while she’s promoting a very dangerous relationship with food and exercise and body image in general while body and fat shaming others.
Every other GP in the country at the moment is burnt out, swamped, tired, overworked, waiting lists unmanageable, referral pathways at a standstill and most younger qualified ones are either being driven out of the country to greener pastures or redirecting themselves back into hospital work or other areas of interest.
She comes across as a very unhappy, lonely or unfulfilled, Stepford wife clutching at some dream of being a celeb doctor but can’t see it’s her own personality that’s standing in the way of this.
Oh and her nose contouring is absolute insane looking.
Sarah J murphy is also good for pregnancy stuff but she’s started to do more ads recently so I hope she doesn’t turn out like this one