Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thump

VIP Member
Yes the boiling water tap is so much safer for kids in the kitchen, no danger of them pulling a cord out and a boiling kettle falling on top of them (anyone got any stats on how often this happens?!)
My cousin did that years ago when he was a toddler. Skin just fell off his body and he needed many operations and skin grafts. Absolutely horrific, he’s covered in scars. I don’t have one of those taps but do push in the kettle/cable as far as possible if you have children. It can happen.

• Wow
Reactions: 1

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Omfg I thought she had cancer too ! I have had to go through LLETZ and colposcopies a million times as I had CIN1 cells but they’re pre cancerous ! I can’t believe this !!!!
Does anyone know why she had no hair for a point so 🫤🫤🫤
No hair … don’t know Is hair loss a symptom of anorexia?

Hugo1983

I know, it’s crazy. Sit tight, the next crash is on the way.
yeah but inflations at 10% and there's supply issues. There's probably a recession coming, but houses don't really get repossessed here (why we've the highest mortgage rates in the EU) so I can't see prices dropping all that much.

good on her for moving, must have taken a whole pile of time getting all that done. big decision to move out, well done doireann

She's on The Good Glow (not the health one) with Georgie Crawford and goes into it in depth. Does seem a bit of a short time frame but Ive never gone through it so I can't judge....although all this chat has me off to check when my next test is due tbh

sheeshee76

Does Doireann wear brown contact lenses? I’m just after noticing her eyes changed colour, i thought she had bluish grey eyes

Icannot

She has spoken in the past about how usually contraception responsibility falls on the woman, on top of pregnancy and child birth. And they when couples feel they’re done then it’s a good time for a vasectomy conversation as the woman has previously shouldered the job.
I understand that , but it may not suit couples to have their choice removed even if they don’t want more kids. A vasectomy is not for every couple as a form of contraception !
A doctor needs to discuss all contraception options with a couple in an unbiased manner , and support the decision they feel is right for them as a couple. Each to their own

Sinner123

Am I seeing things? Suggested post came up on my feed (don’t follow dr d) re her proclamation of nail care & skin cancer???? Gosh she really tries to hit a niche market…

Hugo1983

I think you might have overlooked the major role of compound interest/cost of credit, no?
Well, I'm more than happy to go into that... But it's not really germane to the point I was making. If inflation is on the rise, the real value of the money you earn is reduced but also the real value of the debt you carry is reduced.

Now, usually, you can do something about the money you earn, ask your boss for a raise, raise rents for your tenants, increase the prices you charge for #collabs etc. This still means the value of your debt is receding.

Now obviously there are bulwarks against this... Interest rate rises etc and as you rightly point out, compounding of interest obviously increases the cost of borrowing. But, that's not really the point I was making. We can go into it a bit more on my podcast in collaboration with several payday money lenders (I've about as much dignity as some insta shills - although, in fairness, I think Doireann is a hit of an exception, she mostly promotes stuff outside the field of medicine)

cill2019

VIP Member
Not a fan of hers, but can see how they wouldn't know the extent for absolute certain until going in there, taking out as much as possible and getting a pathology report saying margins were clear of disease or whatever. So you could be stuck not knowing until all the results came back and then be relieved. Being a doctor definitely doesn't make you less terrified either.
Oh absolutely I don’t deny that at all. I think it’s possibly the way she has worded it

candyfloss444

She had pre-cancerous cells removed. She didn't have cancer. I've had CINIII cells removed twice and don't consider myself as having cancer. It's another thing she's been called out on in the past.
I know the debate about how serious her diagnosis was has gone on before. That’s not what my initial post was about so I’m not going to get into that. As I said, my issue is with another doctor flippantly saying Doireann looks like she’s after having a chemo session. It was too far , IMO.