Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw this interesting piece on twitter about the ethics of medical influencers in Ireland. Drug companies can’t even give doctors a free pen.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Saw this interesting piece on twitter about the ethics of medical influencers in Ireland. Drug companies can’t even give doctors a free pen.

She's right though! Doireann is skirting along a lot of blurred lines flogging her Brit car, Kerastase blonde and weird deodorant cream

Reactions: 4
No it’s all about the amazing Doireann !! She has to have the last word and give HER input as she is sooo amazing and knows it all ! All hail queen Doireann THE ONLY gp In ireland it appears 🤣
Agree with this, I love a good podcast but Doireann treats it like a one on one to compare her own experience with a condition or illness. Also the amount of times she has “learned” something from a guest on her podcast is a little disturbing. Surely off camera she would be conversing with her guests at a much higher and professionally educated level. How much of that information is new to her ? A lot it seems.

Reactions: 5
Agree with this, I love a good podcast but Doireann treats it like a one on one to compare her own experience with a condition or illness. Also the amount of times she has “learned” something from a guest on her podcast is a little disturbing. Surely off camera she would be conversing with her guests at a much higher and professionally educated level. How much of that information is new to her ? A lot it seems.
I think shes lick arsing the guest and trying to be relatable to the audience by 'not knowing' but like you said, its stuff i'd expect her to know - would make you question her knowledge and capability.

Its also really annoying, shes a terrible interviewer!!

Reactions: 4
I’m wondering why you would bail to the spare room when your partner isn’t home. I love having the big bed to myself 🤣 she seems very attached to him. I love my husband and he has been a rock through many heartbreaks (as I’m sure most people’s chosen partners have been!) but we aren’t attached at the hip either and I don’t be hanging around with him every chance I get.
She said when he’s on call - so he’s in the bed but his phone will go off at some stage.

Reactions: 2
Most things she shows she’s been gifted but never declares. You be like ‘why is she randomly showing bracelets’ that’s ehy

Reactions: 3
Ah that makes more sense. I was completely baffled 🤣

Normally on call would mean they are required at the hospital for the duration of their call. Often 24 hours. Like if their lucky they might get to rest for a bit but usually up all the time. They can't be off site. Consultants would be off site and called in for specific reasons but Registrars are ever present.

I’m wondering why you would bail to the spare room when your partner isn’t home. I love having the big bed to myself 🤣 she seems very attached to him. I love my husband and he has been a rock through many heartbreaks (as I’m sure most people’s chosen partners have been!) but we aren’t attached at the hip either and I don’t be hanging around with him every chance I get.

I have zero respect for any woman who is so dependant on her partner that she won't sleep in the bed without him.... get a life outside of your relationship ffs. Develop your own interests and friendships. Learn to be an independent person and come out of each others pockets. To me that sounds so unhealthy. I work in hospital and have often come across grown women who are weeping and openly telling you that they are distressed being admitted because they have never spent a night away from their partner. I absolutely struggle to maintain professional upon hearing it 🙈🤣 have they never been away with family or friends like?? Do they not enjoy their own company from time to time? When I saw her post it boiled my blood because she once again conveys the image of women being the devoted, dependant other half. Needing to be minded and saved. I love my husband, therefore I choose to be with him, but I don't NEED to be with him. If I wasn't happy we wouldn't be together. It would be very upsetting for us all as a family but we would all survive

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Normally on call would mean they are required at the hospital for the duration of their call. Often 24 hours. Like if their lucky they might get to rest for a bit but usually up all the time. They can't be off site. Consultants would be off site and called in for specific reasons but Registrars are ever present.

I have zero respect for any woman who is so dependant on her partner that she won't sleep in the bed without him.... get a life outside of your relationship ffs. Develop your own interests and friendships. Learn to be an independent person and come out of each others pockets. To me that sounds so unhealthy. I work in hospital and have often come across grown women who are weeping and openly telling you that they are distressed being admitted because they have never spent a night away from their partner. I absolutely struggle to maintain professional upon hearing it 🙈🤣 have they never been away with family or friends like?? Do they not enjoy their own company from time to time? When I saw her post it boiled my blood because she once again conveys the image of women being the devoted, dependant other half. Needing to be minded and saved. I love my husband, therefore I choose to be with him, but I don't NEED to be with him. If I wasn't happy we wouldn't be together. It would be very upsetting for us all as a family but we would all survive
She is a modern age step word wife . Between the post cast - the backward advice , the not being able to sleep in the bed without him , and advising on vasectomies she is literally setting women back .. she comes across as a media hungry Lonely housewife . No independent thoughts or views that aren’t Googled

Reactions: 6
She is a modern age step word wife . Between the post cast - the backward advice , the not being able to sleep in the bed without him , and advising on vasectomies she is literally setting women back .. she comes across as a media hungry Lonely housewife . No independent thoughts or views that aren’t Googled
The amount of advice that is incorrect that she posts is astounding. Doing herself no favours in her profession... and it's just plain dangerous to those that know no better.

Reactions: 8
On call means he can be called on - he is at home in bed but the phone can ring - I don’t like her but people saying how she can’t sleep in the bed on her own are misunderstanding. I wouldn’t want to sleep with someone in my bed whose phone could go off multiple times during the night

Reactions: 10
To be fair that’s not entirely true. I work in a hospital and our general surgeons do call from home. He works in the CUH where this happens. Only certain team members are in.

Reactions: 9
Fair play to her. This is the danger of Doireann trying to be the main source of info on all medical info. Nothing wrong with having to retract or correct information but ignoring it makes you look worse!

Reactions: 5
Tea.To.Triceps has a post debunking all the bad nutritional advice from her podcast
She also spoke on her stories about how she contacted Doireann twice, but got no response. Plus, how Doireann only shared positive feedback from her podcast. It’s shocking stuff. Rebecca gave her ample opportunity to discuss the issues in the podcast.

Reactions: 7
1BD12276-C9C2-4736-A67D-273CF76707A6.png

Recalibrated bodies posted about that podcast too! Fair play to them

Reactions: 17
It just goes to show how she can never be professional in media because anyone in media knows that you must be able to take criticism as well as praise ! Doireann wants all the butterflies and roses only !

Reactions: 9
It just goes to show how she can never be professional in media because anyone in media knows that you must be able to take criticism as well as praise ! Doireann wants all the butterflies and roses only !
If she isn't praised, she gets childish. Top work there, I'd say Dr Nick from her practice must be raging - she's bringing in the patients but also driving them away simultaneously.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.