Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to laugh its 17 or 18 degrees today and she off out all wrapped up, like an alien off to the Arctic with those glasses

Reactions: 7
Everyone forgets she’s only a qualified GP since last November. I’m not taking from her training or past studies but she doesn’t have the experience she desires (and NEEDS) for a TV/Radio (big scale) gig here, she sticks to her research or script because she hasn’t seen hundreds of cases of covid/cancer/etc as she is only newly qualified. Nothing to be sniffed at but we all at better at our jobs the more experience we have . She wants to be this famous doctor but it will be 10 more years before she meets the criteria for anything like that.
I dont think Doireann has advertised the fact she is newly qualified and I wouldnt have known except for seeing it on here so I say a lot of people assume she is more experienced.

I sometimes wonder how she gets on in the clinic. Thinking of any GO office and the breadth of issues they see. I wonder how she gets on when she cant prepare as she does for insta.

Reactions: 6
I saw this too, love that she tackled her on her absurd 'advice' and not shocked at all that she didn't respond. Probably thinks Rebecca isn't educated enough to do battle with.. :LOL:
Because rebecca isn’t a doctor she probably wouldn’t rate her ... she is a total snob ! Mary Ryan was like something from a 1970s home ec book 😕

I’m wondering why you would bail to the spare room when your partner isn’t home. I love having the big bed to myself 🤣 she seems very attached to him. I love my husband and he has been a rock through many heartbreaks (as I’m sure most people’s chosen partners have been!) but we aren’t attached at the hip either and I don’t be hanging around with him every chance I get.

Reactions: 10
Yeah shes brilliant - gives a lot of information and breaks it down so that its understandable. Doireann should really address this, its really bad for a doctor to publish advice thats being criticised and for her to ignore it.

Did anyone see her post today that shes glad its coat and hat season, or some variation of that?! Thought it was a dig at tattle!
I thought the same and being honest, it really lowered my opinion of her. Someone in that position should never be so childish to act like that on a video in response to internet commentary. If she was my G.P, I'd have serious 2nd thoughts on her ability to be mature and professional. I want a G.P who acts maturely so I can place my trust in them, not someone who is snipey and childlike.

Reactions: 3
I thought the same and being honest, it really lowered my opinion of her. Someone in that position should never be so childish to act like that on a video in response to internet commentary. If she was my G.P, I'd have serious 2nd thoughts on her ability to be mature and professional. I want a G.P who acts maturely so I can place my trust in them, not someone who is snipey and childlike.
Yes thought it was a dig at here as well . Agree incredible childish .. Think she took peter off her IG bio as well after the chat here .. she’s married to a surgeon didn’t you know 🤣.. i just thought not one tv show has had her on as a GP to speak about covid ... like Nina byrnes is everywhere .. goes to show is she taken seriously ! I know she does a radio slot — but she is DYING for tv !!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Not sure of anyone follows tea.to.triceps on insta. She’s great and really knows her stuff about nutrition. I have followed her for a few years. This was in her stories today.

The major issue I have with Doireann, is that she can’t deviate away from the ‘script’ she has prepared for her posts. She can’t and won’t engage in an open discussion. She is so stiff.
I listened to the bit of the sigma podcast and they’re very fair, factual and objective in dismantling the utter nonsense that the podcast was coming out with. Obviously as two men criticising two women doctors discussing women’s health you have to tread carefully and I think they absolutely did. I hope it spreads far and wide cos doireann seemsto be sharing all these messages of people saying the Mary Ryan podcast was amazing... lol

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Listened to the podcast with Mary to see what the fuss was about and find her interviewing style really annoying. She is constantly commenting as Mary is talking, saying yes, yes, I do that, I didn’t know that etc. Listened to Gorgie Crawford’s podcast with the IVF doctor after and she is a breath of fresh air in comparison, let’s the guest speak and doesn’t interrupt, like the idea of having guests is to hear what they have to say isn’t it...

Listened to the podcast with Mary to see what the fuss was about and find her interviewing style really annoying. She is constantly commenting as Mary is talking, saying yes, yes, I do that, I didn’t know that etc. Listened to Gorgie Crawford’s podcast with the IVF doctor after and she is a breath of fresh air in comparison, let’s the guest speak and doesn’t interrupt, like the idea of having guests is to hear what they have to say isn’t it...
Georgie is radio savvy though. She worked in Spin for years, and her husband is part of the good glow and he's well up too.

D on the other hand is barely qualified as a GP but trying to convince us she's a veteran expert so she's busy interrupting to prove herself. She doesn't seem to have any media training and it shows. She wants to run before she can walk I think.

She's done a few radio/podcast slots as an interviewee but imo offers basic advice with a tone of condescension or superiority?

• Heart
No it’s all about the amazing Doireann !! She has to have the last word and give HER input as she is sooo amazing and knows it all ! All hail queen Doireann THE ONLY gp In ireland it appears 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No it’s all about the amazing Doireann !! She has to have the last word and give HER input as she is sooo amazing and knows it all ! All hail queen Doireann THE ONLY gp In ireland it appears 🤣
And shes married to a surgeon you know!!

• Haha
Only found this thread....
Surprised ppl feel the same way I do. Doireann seems like a nice person. Shook that she tried to make out she is a qualified GP much longer than she actually is-very misleading. I don’t understand why she wears scrubs at home for pics-weird. I don’t understand why she feels the need to wear a stethoscope around her neck constantly, at home, at work, posing in the hall. Dont understand how she got a car as sp. really thought doctors couldn’t advertise products yet here’s doireann advertising everything thrown at her. We all know her husband is a surgeon. Big deal. No need to repeat it over and over. Where did she get the accent? She’s from cork not D4. I do agree she’s very thin but then someone could look at me and think I’m very fat. I think that for someone who’s barely qualified as a gp she needs to reign herself in a bit with the advice. She doesn’t know everything. I know ppl say o she’s a qualified doctor-yes but in medical school you don’t learn absolutely everything and she makes it out that she knows everything about everything. It’s obvious she’s mad for fame and it’s too forced which makes it annoying. The tik toks are shocking. I know doctors who know her and she doesn’t have many fans. Blocks and deletes anything she doesn’t like on her page

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Only found this thread....
Surprised ppl feel the same way I do. Doireann seems like a nice person. Shook that she tried to make out she is a qualified GP much longer than she actually is-very misleading. I don’t understand why she wears scrubs at home for pics-weird. I don’t understand why she feels the need to wear a stethoscope around her neck constantly, at home, at work, posing in the hall. Dont understand how she got a car as sp. really thought doctors couldn’t advertise products yet here’s doireann advertising everything thrown at her. We all know her husband is a surgeon. Big deal. No need to repeat it over and over. Where did she get the accent? She’s from cork not D4. I do agree she’s very thin but then someone could look at me and think I’m very fat. I think that for someone who’s barely qualified as a gp she needs to reign herself in a bit with the advice. She doesn’t know everything. I know ppl say o she’s a qualified doctor-yes but in medical school you don’t learn absolutely everything and she makes it out that she knows everything about everything. It’s obvious she’s mad for fame and it’s too forced which makes it annoying. The tik toks are shocking. I know doctors who know her and she doesn’t have many fans. Blocks and deletes anything she doesn’t like on her page
100%

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Will someone please tell me why she feels the need (along with a lot of other ‘influencers’) to make her #sp so small and barely noticeable and put it down in the corner of her story. WHY

Reactions: 12
Will someone please tell me why she feels the need (along with a lot of other ‘influencers’) to make her #sp so small and barely noticeable and put it down in the corner of her story. WHY
She is beyond shady. It’s unbelievable. Her next trick will be putting the #sp the same colour as the background, so it completely blends in. I’ve seen others do that. It’s so dishonest!!!

Reactions: 6
Oh my god was only coming on to speak about this ! It’s in the far right hand corner in the smallest writing ! And not visible unless you look for it . There has to be something in ethics against a doctor taking so much spon con ... it’s like she doesn’t want us to know it is !! It’s also now the colour of the background so hard to find sometimes ! Find it extremely shady for a doctor

Last edited:
Oh my god was only coming on to speak about this ! It’s in the far right hand corner in the smallest writing ! And not visible unless you look for it . There has to be something in ethics against a doctor taking so much spon con ... it’s like she doesn’t want us to know it is !! It’s also know the colour of the background so hard to find sometimes ! Find it extremely for a doctor

Listen between herself & Dr Laura we can see it’s al about growing the following on the pretense of medical info but actually it’s all about €€ and freebies ...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.