Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lot of chat on here about how informative she is - I would totally disagree! I think the sweeping statements are dangerously incompetent!? Saw someone ask her about acne in one of those question boxes and she advised them to ask for a particular cream. Surely that’s nonsense without ANY other info? I also think she purposely chooses the more ‘stupid’ questions that are easily googled to avoid being called out by more knowledgeable professionals. I imagine she gets plenty of real questions which might require a GP point of view and instead she chooses to answer ones asking about student teachers needing vaccines - questions she then answers as snidely as possible.
The swanning about the house in ball gowns (undeclared SP or AD) is another bug bear - all these instahuns are driving me up the wall with that carry on the past few months

Reactions: 15
Lots of controversy on twitter about the dietary advice given out on her podcast with dr Mary Ryan. The podcast was so annoying.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She has untagged him from her page .. also did her latest story say “ at home nursing a fever “??😬

Reactions: 1
Prob dropped her MRS degree to include her agent - she's with the same crowd as Maeve madden and Rob lipsett - doesn't inspire great confidence 😂

Reactions: 5
The dietary 'advice' in her podcast was disgraceful. Honestly it beggars belief and deserves the heat it has been getting.

Reactions: 10
Think she’s in hiding until this blows over. Damaging her super perfect insta persona.
Typical her she never faces anything head on, she’s had stats up before that weren’t fully scientific (that’s how docs are meant to get stats) and anytime she is challenged for thing like
‘ a doctor shouldn’t be recommending one cream over another for an AD like a doctor should not be doing paid ads with any prescription creams or vitamins ‘ she disappears. Dr Laura is begging for new clothes today I can’t bear her

Reactions: 9
Typical her she never faces anything head on, she’s had stats up before that weren’t fully scientific (that’s how docs are meant to get stats) and anytime she is challenged for thing like
‘ a doctor shouldn’t be recommending one cream over another for an AD like a doctor should not be doing paid ads with any prescription creams or vitamins ‘ she disappears. Dr Laura is begging for new clothes today I can’t bear her
It will be Interesting to see if Doireann addresses it in any way.

Reactions: 2
Sorry a temp of 39c you'd be taking yourself to the hospital. A temp that high you wouldnt be posting on insta

Reactions: 6
Lots of controversy on twitter about the dietary advice given out on her podcast with dr Mary Ryan. The podcast was so annoying.

I didnt listen to the podcast but root veg only on weekends. Is it meant to be some type of treat?

• Haha
Dr laura thread lads .. I couldn’t cope after today tagging and then saying a “ bitchy “ message !

Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t even be t
I think she completed GP Training in November. It was delayed (a girl I know who did Gp said they finished normally in June/July) cos of her cervical cancer. But she always let on that she was a fully qualified Gp. Which wasn’t the case. She shouldn’t have let people think she was a fully qualified Gp when she wasn’t. That’s not cool.
My friends who are doctors cannot stand her. It’s all so fake. The way she poses in the GP surgery. They’re rushed off their feet on the hospital. And she swans around in fake Gucci looking Zara dresses. Completely overdressed. I think her job is based on getting advertising for her Gp practice in cork. Yes she knows her stuff. But she’s fake AF.
I wouldn’t be that confident In her knowledge tbh. She’s said a few things that are just inaccurate, and a few doctors in work who know her said she failed exams previously,she wouldn’t be well respected in her field, the knowledge she shares is stuff that’s googled, you can tell she doesn’t have the background knowledge to explain things properly etc.

To be perfectly honest, for reasons that I can't explain, I'm glad my GP isn't on Instagram and doing Tik Toks. I'm not sure I could take her seriously in her office of a day.
also, it’s not appropriate to know so much personal information about your doctor! There’s some professions that just can’t be sharing their personal stuff online without compromising their professionalism!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
The three topics her podcasts cover are basically the same things she talks about constantly on her page. She should really mix it up. Not everyone following her (women included) is interested in fertility and botox. It reallys shows how narrow her interests are.

Reactions: 7
I listened to just over half of that, some very good info but Dr. Mary comes across a bit 1980's home economics teacher in parts. She really should stop calling her peer "good girl" too, how patronising.

Reactions: 8
I thought doireann did quite a poor job of interviewing and structuring it tbh. Mary Ryan just talks loads and lots of generic platitudes about empowering women while saying things like ‘women are terrible for eating bread’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.