Doireann O' Leary #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. Yes, I concede that she is technically a "real doctor". Just not one I'd ever go to!! Yes, she has mentioned it before that she didn't get onto the scheme twice. And again, the fact that she's only 33 and a newly qualified GP but presenting herself as a medical expert really irks me. You can't be an expert in anything at 33.
Not relating to Dr Doireann but of course you can be an expert in something at 33. Finish school, do your degree and be in a workforce for 10 years by that age with upskilling along the way. You don’t even need a degree or to have finished school, anyone with a work ethic, drive and ambition in their late teens can be an expert in a field 15 years later at age 33.

Reactions: 5
She may be a real doctor, but her understanding of medical ethics (and frankly her professionalism in general) is highly, highly questionable. She seems to love the attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not relating to Dr Doireann but of course you can be an expert in something at 33. Finish school, do your degree and be in a workforce for 10 years by that age with upskilling along the way. You don’t even need a degree or to have finished school, anyone with a work ethic, drive and ambition in their late teens can be an expert in a field 15 years later at age 33.
I understand where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree. For me, an expert is someone with at least a couple of decades of real life and professional experience.

If I was attending a Doctor, and they were calling themselves/purporting to be an expert at 33, I'd be seriously questioning how they were representing themselves. And why. Just keep working. Genuinely gain your expertise. Why the need to be so performative?

Just to be clear, I totally respect anyone in any field who works hard and learns. Earns their stripes. Carpenter, doctor, plumber, whatever. I've an uncle who is a successful builder and so was my grandad. They would never have presented themselves as experts in their early thirties.

And sorry, I don't want to derail this thread or get into it with anyone!

Reactions: 8
I just wish she would manage to get basic cross infection control measures right and stop insisting on wearing her scrubs to and from work every day before we even start discussing the more nuanced elements of where in the medical profession hierarchy she currently sits!!!!

The coat over scrubs look that she is currently sporting as her OOTD is utterly disgusting and flies in the face of absolutely all cross infection control advice in 'normal' times never mind during a pandemic.

But got to keep reminding the people that she is an OmG mEdIcAL dOcToR!!!

As for her ethics and professionalism.....well that is another rant altogether.
She would put up an ad to sell her granny if she came in a jute bag!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I just wish she would manage to get basic cross infection control measures right and stop insisting on wearing her scrubs to and from work every day before we even start discussing the more nuanced elements of where in the medical profession hierarchy she currently sits!!!!

The coat over scrubs look that she is currently sporting as her OOTD is utterly disgusting and flies in the face of absolutely all cross infection control advice in 'normal' times never mind during a pandemic.

But got to keep reminding the people that she is an OmG mEdIcAL dOcToR!!!

As for her ethics and professionalism.....well that is another rant altogether.
She would put up an ad to sell her granny if she came in a jute bag!!!
Totally! You don't wear scrubs outside of the environment their purpose is intended for. Has anyone sent her a message about this? It is so bad. Can't believe she's getting away with it at her practice, to be honest.

Reactions: 9
Totally! You don't wear scrubs outside of the environment their purpose is intended for. Has anyone sent her a message about this? It is so bad. Can't believe she's getting away with it at her practice, to be honest.
Exactly!! There should be a policy in place within the practice that polices this, and can be enforced should the practitioner not do the correct thing themselves!

What gets me is the fact she is now pushing a discount code for a UK business!
Where is all the support local / support Irish chat that she was so passionate about last year?
Or was that yet another bandwagon Dr Doireann jumped on to enhance her social media presence and ensure that the algorithm worked for her? So genuine.....

Reactions: 8
She definitely shouldn’t be wearing her scrubs in and out of work, but is there a chance she wears one set out and about (for attention) but changes back into her work ones when she’s actually in the work building? I can’t imagine the practice owners / managers haven’t said it to her so maybe that’s all it is?

Reactions: 7
She definitely shouldn’t be wearing her scrubs in and out of work, but is there a chance she wears one set out and about (for attention) but changes back into her work ones when she’s actually in the work building? I can’t imagine the practice owners / managers haven’t said it to her so maybe that’s all it is?
This could be the case but the optics are utterly terrible.

Reactions: 4
She is like a child playing doctor sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm probably being pedantic here but with construction still closed how did Doireann manage to renovate her bathroom? She mentioned the plumber fixing the broken shower which would be essential but renovating it wouldnt be!

Reactions: 4
I'm probably being pedantic here but with construction still closed how did Doireann manage to renovate her bathroom? She mentioned the plumber fixing the broken shower which would be essential but renovating it wouldnt be!
It falls under essential

Reactions: 3
It falls under essential
A shower repair is essential but a full bathroom refurb is not. I called her on it and she blocked me after trying to claim that all work had been completed since April 12th. For a doctor working in a vaccination clinic at the weekends she has no duty of care to her parents. Nor does her husband who is a surgeon in a hospital. She showed before and after pics on her story so it was clear she had a full renovation done not the simple repair she is claiming on her post.

Screenshot_20210416-221956.png

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#construction.

The good doctor needs to familiarise herself with the current government health guidelines and get off Instagram with her questionable medical ethics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Her behavior towards people when questioned is disgusting. I wouldn’t let her clip my dogs nails let alone see her as a Gp. Could you imagine questioning her about medical stuff if this is her attitude

Reactions: 20
Not the first time I had an interaction like that with her hence why I unfollowed. But if she thinks people are stupid enough to believe the essential shower work line it says alot about her and lets not forget her husband, he is a medical professional too after all.

Reactions: 6
A shower repair is essential but a full bathroom refurb is not. I called her on it and she blocked me after trying to claim that all work had been completed since April 12th. For a doctor working in a vaccination clinic at the weekends she has no duty of care to her parents. Nor does her husband who is a surgeon in a hospital. She showed before and after pics on her story so it was clear she had a full renovation done not the simple repair she is claiming on her post.

View attachment 533227

The good doctor needs to familiarise herself with the current government health guidelines and get off Instagram with her questionable medical ethics.
Fair play for calling her out. How petty is someone with nearly 180k folllowers and a public Instagram account for zoning in on the fact you don’t follow her? What a clown of a woman 🤡

Reactions: 19

View attachment 533227

What a nasty, sneering response from her. We were in the middle of moving into, gutting and renovating a house when the first lockdown happened. Luckily, our bathroom had just been finished (usable, no finishings or fancy bits). But we had to cope with no real kitchen for four months during the initial lockdown and four people. We had just managed to get it delivered (just before IKEA stopped deliveries!) and my partner installed it, but the counter place couldn't come and measure and fit it due to restrictions. So we had no worktop, sink, hob, etc. Getting water from the bathroom and outside tap. We had no couch and couldn't get that or the beds delivered for ages either so were sleeping on borrowed sofa bed. Hardware places weren't willing to let us get any bits as we weren't trades people. It was very stressful and unpleasant...........we are almost at the stage of being able to laugh now......almost! So this is galling!

Reactions: 10
I do agree it’s poor taste but to be fair I’ve done a main bathroom in a week with a lot more work that was needed than her before and after.

she probably had some kind of deal with Ventura to post the before and after photos on Instagram in exchange for a discount 🙄

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.