Does anyone hate their job? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I handed in my notice at start of week and i am certainly counting down days to release but there has been a few things over past few days which really reinforced desire to leave. I was told by another colleague (Not my manager, same role as me but more years in role) in quite a threatening tone not to dare touch one aspect of my role anymore as he would be taking it over and needed to do anything related to it. Anyway he asked for an explanation on a part of the process (despite there been clear documents on exact procedure) and in process of showing me he had his teams chat with our manager open for me to clearly see and their was some quite bitchy comments about me, then also remarks about how i was such a poor communicator and couldn't wait for me to actually leave!

The thing is my manager never once raised anything in my 1:1s, appraisals or yearly reviews, i've been there around 2 years its just made me feel anxious about next few weeks. Its an all smallish team, all male besides me, yes i tend to keep my head down and just get on with it as i don't want to get involved with sexist, political or football talk but i know the next few weeks will drag and i'm going feel even more out of place knowing about these comments.
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I would raise the witch Teams messages and if you feel inclined, take time off sick. You're leaving anyway and don't need to compromise your mental health due to bullying!

Reactions: 5
If you feel comfortable I'd be tempted to call this behaviour out either with your manager or if you have a exit interview
The thing is it was both my manager and colleague making the harsh comments so i feel it would be awkward raising it with him. Then my managers manager, and him are actually close personal friends outside of work so not really option to raise it there.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I loathe my new job.
Was miss sold to me so took it on in January really excited.
The horrible and mean team caused me to have a breakdown a month ago, was signed off sick for 2 weeks and have gone back on reduced abilities.
Today, again, I was spoken to like absolute tit and with no management around to back me up I left off saying I had a headache
I’m at my lowest, I have no energy, I could cry all the time… I’m just miserable.
Sorry needed a vent x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I handed in my notice at start of week and i am certainly counting down days to release but there has been a few things over past few days which really reinforced desire to leave. I was told by another colleague (Not my manager, same role as me but more years in role) in quite a threatening tone not to dare touch one aspect of my role anymore as he would be taking it over and needed to do anything related to it. Anyway he asked for an explanation on a part of the process (despite there been clear documents on exact procedure) and in process of showing me he had his teams chat with our manager open for me to clearly see and their was some quite bitchy comments about me, then also remarks about how i was such a poor communicator and couldn't wait for me to actually leave!

The thing is my manager never once raised anything in my 1:1s, appraisals or yearly reviews, i've been there around 2 years its just made me feel anxious about next few weeks. Its an all smallish team, all male besides me, yes i tend to keep my head down and just get on with it as i don't want to get involved with sexist, political or football talk but i know the next few weeks will drag and i'm going feel even more out of place knowing about these comments.
They sound like a pair of assholes. I bet there is absolutely nothing wrong with your work, and that is why you manager has never raised any issues. If that isn't the case and there were issues, he would be a spineless, useless manager for not raising them. It sounds like you are much better off out if it, which you already know. Focus on your future whilst you sit your notice out x

I leave at the end of this week but I’m having to do handovers for all the things I do that my boss’s daughter will be taking over. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is when I am sending huge step by step emails to her and she’s got her phone propped up watching TikTok videos. I feel like screaming!! It’s so insulting. She raised an invoice on quickbooks yesterday and I’d emailed her that day with step by step instructions what you need to do and she kept asking me what to do next!! She keeps doing this with everything I hand over!! I started laughing (because I would have screamed otherwise) and said “have you not read my email on how to do them?”
She did the usual thing that she does and makes an excuse and then she starts reading the email. 😡😡 she’s moving my emails I’m sending her into a specific folder on outlook, but not reading them, which is no good to me because I need to know if she understands it or not.
I want to throw her phone out of the window. Arghhhh!!

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I loathe my new job.
Was miss sold to me so took it on in January really excited.
The horrible and mean team caused me to have a breakdown a month ago, was signed off sick for 2 weeks and have gone back on reduced abilities.
Today, again, I was spoken to like absolute tit and with no management around to back me up I left off saying I had a headache
I’m at my lowest, I have no energy, I could cry all the time… I’m just miserable.
Sorry needed a vent x

I'm so sorry ❤ Mis-selling a job is an asshole move. Is there anyone you feel comfortable with you could talk to?
Depending on your probation time, it's something that you could raise, but of course that only works if there's someone to talk to and if that's not the same set of people giving you such a hard time.
If you don't see any future there, cut your losses and already start looking for something new.

because I need to know if she understands it or not.
You don't hun, let them crash and burn. It's not your responsibility if she makes a mess of things. Bcc your private account on those emails - CYA and have the proof ready that you gave her detailed instructions. But other than that, fuckem.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You don't hun, let them crash and burn. It's not your responsibility if she makes a mess of things. Bcc your private account on those emails - CYA and have the proof ready that you gave her detailed instructions. But other than that, fuckem.
Fortunately, I have cc’d the other director into them. I said to him yesterday, I really hope she doesn’t lean on you to help her once I’m gone! He thinks the same about her, it’s his cousin (by marriage) and knows what she’s like, so I feel for him cos she’s a lazy so and so. I’m only doing the emails for his benefit because I don’t want to leave them in the tit.

Reactions: 2
I'm so sorry ❤ Mis-selling a job is an asshole move. Is there anyone you feel comfortable with you could talk to?
Depending on your probation time, it's something that you could raise, but of course that only works if there's someone to talk to and if that's not the same set of people giving you such a hard time.
If you don't see any future there, cut your losses and already start looking for something new.
Thank you so much for your kind answer!
I spoke with my boss in my back to work interview, told her I hated it and why and I was looking for other employment but nothing changed of course!
I’m looking for other work currently and have a couple of interviews lined up.
I want to jack it in so bad, I feel awful every morning, sometimes I just sit here staring at my screen for hours!

• Heart
Fortunately, I have cc’d the other director into them. I said to him yesterday, I really hope she doesn’t lean on you to help her once I’m gone! He thinks the same about her, it’s his cousin (by marriage) and knows what she’s like, so I feel for him cos she’s a lazy so and so. I’m only doing the emails for his benefit because I don’t want to leave them in the tit.
I’m with you. Why would you want the business to suffer because of one asshole.
I’m taking early retirement soon-ish and have written a “handbook” on how to do everything!
I swear young people, sorry to the 5% this doesn’t include, can’t leave their fking phones alone and they are bone idle but want to be paid like they are the CEO.

I’m with you. Why would you want the business to suffer because of one asshole.
I’m taking early retirement soon-ish and have written a “handbook” on how to do everything!
I swear young people, sorry to the 5% this doesn’t include, can’t leave their fking phones alone and they are bone idle but want to be paid like they are the CEO.
For reference, she’s 22 (I’m 38) and every job she’s had she’s been sacked from. She’s even said this is the longest she’s ever had a job (she started in September) and tbh, why would she leave when she’s gets taken for 2 hours lunch breaks at the pub, gets breakfast brought in for her and when she has an argument with her dad and decides not to come in for a few days, still gets paid for it and not deducted off her annual leave, bonuses and a pay rise after 6 months when it’s meant to be on your anniversary of working there.
I found out this afternoon that she had gone home last night and told her dad (she’s known for doing this), the MD, that I was snappy with her yesterday. He was on annual leave yesterday, so she spent even more time than usual on her phone while her dad wasn’t about. He mentioned it to the other director this morning before I got in and luckily the other director had my back, to a degree, and explained that I’m sending her emails with instructions and she’s still asking me. No one has mentioned it to me today, so 🤷🏼‍♀️ my colleague who overheard the discussion this morning told me to not let it bother me as I’m leaving on Friday. It just made me roll my eyes, to be honest.

god, i sound like a miserable cow 🤣

Anyone would think that if they didn’t check their phone every few minutes, they would die! I don’t get it. What do they text their boyfriends about all day long?!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
For reference, she’s 22 (I’m 38) and every job she’s had she’s been sacked from. She’s even said this is the longest she’s ever had a job (she started in September) and tbh, why would she leave when she’s gets taken for 2 hours lunch breaks at the pub, gets breakfast brought in for her and when she has an argument with her dad and decides not to come in for a few days, still gets paid for it and not deducted off her annual leave, bonuses and a pay rise after 6 months when it’s meant to be on your anniversary of working there.
I found out this afternoon that she had gone home last night and told her dad (she’s known for doing this), the MD, that I was snappy with her yesterday. He was on annual leave yesterday, so she spent even more time than usual on her phone while her dad wasn’t about. He mentioned it to the other director this morning before I got in and luckily the other director had my back, to a degree, and explained that I’m sending her emails with instructions and she’s still asking me. No one has mentioned it to me today, so 🤷🏼‍♀️ my colleague who overheard the discussion this morning told me to not let it bother me as I’m leaving on Friday. It just made me roll my eyes, to be honest.

god, i sound like a miserable cow 🤣

Anyone would think that if they didn’t check their phone every few minutes, they would die! I don’t get it. What do they text their boyfriends about all day long?!
Same, I don't get the constant phone thing either. When I'm at work I want to crack on and just leave my phone in my bag.

I don't think you sound miserable at all! Honestly her dad is doing her no favours. He's just setting her up for failure

My boss has gone from being enthusiastic with me to like I’ve insulted his first born. He’s cosying up to a beige colleague and another who is better at their job but acts like an absolute thundercunt which negates it (he excuses their behaviour). I’m “grateful” I’ve endured this in my past two roles ☹ so can spot the signs. But honestly, what is up with with middle-management and their mood swings?! Stop taking your marriage woes or whatever it is out on the workers, we ain’t paid enough!

Things have got significantly worse with my work and yesterday I had a complete breakdown yet again. Told them I won’t be in for the rest of the week. Just hoping this sick time doesn’t impede my chance at other jobs. Have 2 interviews today

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Things have got significantly worse with my work and yesterday I had a complete breakdown yet again. Told them I won’t be in for the rest of the week. Just hoping this sick time doesn’t impede my chance at other jobs. Have 2 interviews today
Oh no, best of luck with the interviews today and hopefully you won't need to see your current place much longer.

Good luck with your interviews! You are definitely doing the right thing.

How do you approach leaving a job and colleagues you mostly dislike? I've got last day coming up, unfortunately i will be in the office for the last day, but 2/3 team will be WFH. I'm only female in team of males and generally its quite cliquey environment which i have never fit in with, doesnt help that i'm quiet reserved private person anyway. The only other staff member who left shortly after i arrived had been there years and sent out long email and teams message talking about their time at company, good memories etc. The thing is i have none of that and thought of sending such message makes me feel uncomfortable. I have no relationship with these colleagues, dont plan on keeping in touch and new job didn't require references from this employer anyway. Is it incredibly rude to say nothing more than in person basic goodbye to those in office on day i leave. I cant lie to save my life, so there is no way i can say its been great working with you, thanks for been supportive, when its been nothing of the sort!

How do you approach leaving a job and colleagues you mostly dislike? I've got last day coming up, unfortunately i will be in the office for the last day, but 2/3 team will be WFH. I'm only female in team of males and generally its quite cliquey environment which i have never fit in with, doesnt help that i'm quiet reserved private person anyway. The only other staff member who left shortly after i arrived had been there years and sent out long email and teams message talking about their time at company, good memories etc. The thing is i have none of that and thought of sending such message makes me feel uncomfortable. I have no relationship with these colleagues, dont plan on keeping in touch and new job didn't require references from this employer anyway. Is it incredibly rude to say nothing more than in person basic goodbye to those in office on day i leave. I cant lie to save my life, so there is no way i can say its been great working with you, thanks for been supportive, when its been nothing of the sort!
Phone in sick 😂

• Haha
I'd just stick to saying bye to those in the office before you go. You won't see them again so I wouldn't worry. Good luck in your new job 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.