Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Swansea love story
It's about drug addicts in Swansea. The most memorable was Amy Protheroe who had been badly abused her whole life including being forced to have sex with her mum etc. She was in an awful way.
She seems to be off drugs and has her own place. She has just had a baby (literally last week) her first child but the father went to jail while she was pregnant and shes still in a relationship with him. I hope she can leave him behind and give her baby more of a chance.
I've watched this documentary so many times I honestly can't believe so many people live their lives that way. It's heartbreaking. (I watched it on full on YouTube, I think it's still there)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I remember watching SLS in about 2010. Did they do any sort of follow up?

Reactions: 1
does anyone have any recommendations for documentaries to watch on youtube?

I remember watching SLS in about 2010. Did they do any sort of follow up?
I don't think there's a follow up I did look a while ago, you can Google their names and there's quite a few articles about them not all of them made it sadly. ☹

Anyone know where I can find Dreams of Life doc? Or any recommendations on YouTube for some Sunday afternoon watching. I also found the Gypsy rose documentaries insane, I just can't believe people do stuff like that to their children. The last week or so the news is killing me 😥 so many young children being abused/killed by their young mum's. I just can't believe it.

Reactions: 4
What type do you like? @emm
Honestly pretty much everything, I really like true crime but am pretty much open to anything, I haven't seen any good ones there recently, the last one I watched was that one about the woman who lied about being in the twin towers (the woman who wasn't there I think?)

I don't think there's a follow up I did look a while ago, you can Google their names and there's quite a few articles about them not all of them made it sadly. ☹

Anyone know where I can find Dreams of Life doc? Or any recommendations on YouTube for some Sunday afternoon watching. I also found the Gypsy rose documentaries insane, I just can't believe people do stuff like that to their children. The last week or so the news is killing me 😥 so many young children being abused/killed by their young mum's. I just can't believe it.
dreams of life is on 4od I think, if you are in the UK

I absolutely recommend casefile podcast if any of you are into podcasts. Few episodes to recommend - Jennifer Pan - mark & John - Dnepropetrovsk maniacs (massive warning with that one it's absolutely sick not one I really recommend but it's shows the disgusting humans on this planet)

Honestly pretty much everything, I really like true crime but am pretty much open to anything, I haven't seen any good ones there recently, the last one I watched was that one about the woman who lied about being in the twin towers (the woman who wasn't there I think?)
Oh I remember that. Think it was originally on C4. She was a very strange woman.

This is a good one but you need to verify your age - never used to have to do that on youtube. It's Black Tar Heroin: Dark End Of The Street

dreams of life is on 4od I think, if you are in the UK
Ah thanks, I'm outside of the UK

Oh I remember that. Think it was originally on C4. She was a very strange woman.

This is a good one but you need to verify your age - never used to have to do that on youtube. It's Black Tar Heroin: Dark End Of The Street

Starting this one, thanks for sharing the recommendation 👍

Ah thanks, I'm outside of the UK
I will try and remember the name of it, there is a (free) app you can download which changes your location to access british tv (I used it when I was abroad) will wrack my brains!

I absolutely recommend casefile podcast if any of you are into podcasts. Few episodes to recommend - Jennifer Pan - mark & John - Dnepropetrovsk maniacs (massive warning with that one it's absolutely sick not one I really recommend but it's shows the disgusting humans on this planet)
100% second this, casefile is great, always really well researched. The website is also really well organised to find specific areas of interest https://casefilepodcast.com/episodes-abduction/

• Heart
does anyone have any recommendations for documentaries to watch on youtube?
There’s a good set of two documentaries about Jon Benet Ramsay’s murder. It’s reinvestigated by some top ex police officers. Its an American documentary. I can’t remember what it’s called but should be easily searchable. Each episode is 90 minutes long

By any chance did anyone used to read a blog called diaryofajunkie - it was a blog by a girl called Terri-Ann I think, living in the UK, she was a heroin addict, it wasn't a viral or anything but it disappeared a couple years ago. I just really hope she got the help she needed.

Does anyone else remember The Cruise? It was the series that originally made Jane Macdonald famous, in the mid nineties. Anyway, it's now on BBC iplayer in it's full 1990s glory!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Dreams of a life is up on YouTube again. Can't link as I'm on the phone, but I linked it a few pages back.

Swansea love story
It's about drug addicts in Swansea. The most memorable was Amy Protheroe who had been badly abused her whole life including being forced to have sex with her mum etc. She was in an awful way.
She seems to be off drugs and has her own place. She has just had a baby (literally last week) her first child but the father went to jail while she was pregnant and shes still in a relationship with him. I hope she can leave him behind and give her baby more of a chance.
That was so sad. I remember watching it realising she was talking about being made to sleep with her Mum. Poor girl.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I've just watched "Theres something wrong with aunt Diane" it's a doc/film about a woman that drove 70 miles an hour down the wrong side of the motorway with her 2 kids and 3 nieces in the car 😔and I will never forget that! Absolutely disturbing.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've just watched "Theres something wrong with aunt Diane" it's a doc/film about a woman that drove 70 miles an hour down the wrong side of the motorway with her 2 kids and 3 nieces in the car 😔and I will never forget that! Absolutely disturbing.
That’s on YouTube for anyone interested. It’s awful isn’t it? Imagine losing all your children that way.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.