Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just watched "Theres something wrong with aunt Diane" it's a doc/film about a woman that drove 70 miles an hour down the wrong side of the motorway with her 2 kids and 3 nieces in the car 😔and I will never forget that! Absolutely disturbing.
That really stuck with me

Reactions: 6
I need to go and watch that! (Aunt Diane Doc) I find things like that so sad but fascinating.

@Cats_eyes I have Dreams Of A Life on DVD that i'd happily send to you but I don't know how i'd do it?

I watched the Aunt Diane documentary a while back, too. It was such a strange situation and awful for the families involved

Reactions: 2
Okay this isn’t a sad one but I saw a programme George Clark did years and years ago ( think it was him🤔)
he followed a mum who had several children and she bundled them in a van and went to live in Spain
I can remember her concreting the back garden floor with a baby strapped to her back and a puppy running around, she did all sorts of DIY and made the house lovely she was so positive with a can do attitude I’ve always wondered what happened to her and if I’m ever worried about doing anything g I always think about her

After watching the Olympics and seeing Simone Biles having to pull out, it got me thinking about the Athlete A documentary on Netflix. What those poor girls went through when supposedly being looked after by a national sports team was just awful and my heart went out to them all. No wonder her head wasn’t in a good place

• Heart
Hi I’ve read all of these and joined to give my own :)
I was looking to watch No going back by the way
So old docs I still think about ;
Wife swap with lizzy bardsley
On YouTube it’s called “harrowing alcoholism doc “ etc
There’s two British heroin documentaries ; one was a I think Liverpudlian black man interviewing his old friends
There was a girl pregnant and still on heroin and had the baby while he was filming
The other one was another black man I think maybe Birmingham and he ended up getting hooked himself while filming the doc
On YouTube and more crime related sorry
I still think about Deadbug says the Anderson killings
Abs Kriegle
Mick philpott derby secrets and lies
Grizzly man
Melvin, just evil
And goodnight sugarbabe
Sorry if I got the titles or anything wrong just going from memory
I’ll add more when I think of them

thanks for all the
Suggestions previous I’m still watching some

Reactions: 5
Hi I’ve read all of these and joined to give my own :)
I was looking to watch No going back by the way
So old docs I still think about ;
Wife swap with lizzy bardsley
On YouTube it’s called “harrowing alcoholism doc “ etc
There’s two British heroin documentaries ; one was a I think Liverpudlian black man interviewing his old friends
There was a girl pregnant and still on heroin and had the baby while he was filming
The other one was another black man I think maybe Birmingham and he ended up getting hooked himself while filming the doc
On YouTube and more crime related sorry
I still think about Deadbug says the Anderson killings
Abs Kriegle
Mick philpott derby secrets and lies
Grizzly man
Melvin, just evil
And goodnight sugarbabe
Sorry if I got the titles or anything wrong just going from memory
I’ll add more when I think of them

thanks for all the
Suggestions previous I’m still watching some
remembered a couple more
Who left dusty in the snow
You’re not splitting up my family

sorry if they have already been mentioned

Reactions: 1
remembered a couple more
Who left dusty in the snow
You’re not splitting up my family

sorry if they have already been mentioned
Sorry to spam just wanted to add a tip for YouTube videos with ads
Go to the little I bottom left where it says ad and the duration and select stop seeing this ad
It will skip most times :)

Reactions: 4
Years ago there were a few documentaries about children with anorexia in the Rhodes Farm Clinic, I wonder how they are all doing now, as adults.

Reactions: 3
Did anyone watch Fat Farm, I think it was called. With Jason Vale.

Also The Salon.

I watched these when on maternity in 2003/04. Reality Tv was in it's infancy...

Reactions: 9
I saw a documentary a few years ago about 2 drug addicted women in the Middle East working as prostitutes. I forgot where it was, probably Iran or Iraq but unsure. The thing that shocked and disgusted me was that one of them had a son and would take him with her when she would solicit on streets. At one time 2 men picked them up and they took turns of minding the boy while the other went into a room with her. I wanted to go over there and take the boy away from her forever. I'm not judging her addiction or her way of making money, but FFS keep your child out of this!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I saw a documentary a few years ago about 2 drug addicted women in the Middle East working as prostitutes. I forgot where it was, probably Iran or Iraq but unsure. The thing that shocked and disgusted me was that one of them had a son and would take him with her when she would solicit on streets. At one time 2 men picked them up and they took turns of minding the boy while the other went into a room with her. I wanted to go over there and take the boy away from her forever. I'm not judging her addiction or her way of making money, but FFS keep your child out of this!
I think it was it Prostitution in Iran on Channel 4. I mentioned it a few pages back.

Did anyone watch Fat Farm, I think it was called. With Jason Vale.

Also The Salon.

I watched these when on maternity in 2003/04. Reality Tv was in it's infancy...
I loved The Salon! With Ricardo!!
we watched it as students. I remember Brandon block and his pal being off their tits on the show

I’m just watching this documentary on YouTube called miss popular crack city, it’s about a woman who’s a drug user from Nottingham shocking as she isn’t your typical drug user there’s a drug help team which later transpired that he ( Dave Francis ) was actually pimping the women 😳 it’s from the 80s .. if anyone remembers or watched this back then
Was Dave Francis the Black man wearing the gold at the help centre?
Shocking.
Sadly Karen died suddenly aged 52.
Not sure what happened to the pretty young mum of baby Chloe who had been on heroin, I do hope she is well, her daughter will be in her 30s now!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.