Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing like a good Stalker documentary.
I'm your number one fan - Mike Read's Stalker 'Blue Tulip Rose's' character is straight out of a horror comedy,
So much so that The League Of Gentlemen comedy series used direct quotes from Blue Tulip Rose in newspaper signs for the Royston Vasey Chronicle.
here you go

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Nothing like a good Stalker documentary.
I'm your number one fan - Mike Read's Stalker 'Blue Tulip Rose's' character is straight out of a horror comedy,
So much so that The League Of Gentlemen comedy series used direct quotes from Blue Tulip Rose in newspaper signs for the Royston Vasey Chronicle.
here you go
I'd heard it mentioned by The League but hadn't seen the full thing so thanks. Definitely sent me down a rabbit hole.

That snooker woman is scarily dangerous though. No remorse and she's very much downplaying what she did. She wrote him a play detailing him being tortured/killed (and possibly threatened his baby): https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/snooker-legend-stephen-hendrys-stalker-13178864
One can only wonder how worrying the first three letters were for her to be asked to stop.

I hope she's gotten the help she needs since but jeezo.

Reactions: 2
Just seen there’s a documentary about Louise Woodward (the British nanny who went on trial for the murder of the little boy she was looking after) coming out this year - makes me wonder if she was responsible for what happened :(

Reactions: 5
Just seen there’s a documentary about Louise Woodward (the British nanny who went on trial for the murder of the little boy she was looking after) coming out this year - makes me wonder if she was responsible for what happened :(
I watched her trial. There was something that made me think the mother was involved but Louise took the blame.

I watched her trial. There was something that made me think the mother was involved but Louise took the blame.
Oh really?!! I never saw the trial - might have to watch it! I remember it being all over the media but I was little when it happened so never really understood what had happened. It seems like public opinion is still very divided on it but I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth

Oh really?!! I never saw the trial - might have to watch it! I remember it being all over the media but I was little when it happened so never really understood what had happened. It seems like public opinion is still very divided on it but I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth
I think it was on sky news. I was off sick at the time. The mother did many interviews and there was something that had me saying to my then fiancé that she gave me a weird feeling.

I think it was on sky news. I was off sick at the time. The mother did many interviews and there was something that had me saying to my then fiancé that she gave me a weird feeling.
Gosh it makes you wonder! I just did some Googling and it seems like a lot of people think was used as a scapegoat 😩

I’ve always thought Louise was innocent.
It seems the difference in meaning to the word “pop” was what made the jury find her guilty.
Louise said she “popped“ the baby on the bed.
In the UK we’d interpret that as she put the baby on the bed.
Those on the US jury interpreted the word “popped” as Louise threw him on the bed.

Reactions: 3
I’ve always thought Louise was innocent.
It seems the difference in meaning to the word “pop” was what made the jury find her guilty.
Louise said she “popped“ the baby on the bed.
In the UK we’d interpret that as she put the baby on the bed.
Those on the US jury interpreted the word “popped” as Louise threw him on the bed.
God thats mad isn’t it that the culture difference was what got her convicted. It’ll be interesting to see what the documentary says! I was 8 when it happened so all I knew of it at the time was what was reported - she killed the baby and got sent to prison so I always presumed she was guilty until doing my own research as an adult! X

Do you know where it’s being aired? Netflix, Sky etc?
Some of these documentaries really rewrite the history of what you thought you knew.

Reactions: 1
Swansea love story
It's about drug addicts in Swansea. The most memorable was Amy Protheroe who had been badly abused her whole life including being forced to have sex with her mum etc. She was in an awful way.
She seems to be off drugs and has her own place. She has just had a baby (literally last week) her first child but the father went to jail while she was pregnant and shes still in a relationship with him. I hope she can leave him behind and give her baby more of a chance.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The "Countdown to Murder" episode about Jane Andrews, Sarah Ferguson's royal dresser who murdered her boyfriend.

TW - eating disorders
In around 2007 there was a documentary on Channel 4 or ITV about people with eating disorders. They discussed things like pro-anorexia forums and how easily accessible they were at the time. They brought a group of people with eating disorders to have dinner together and see what they chose to eat.
There was one woman who I always remember, she would live off 200 calorie ready meals but would pour them onto a small plate to make it look like a large amount of food.

Some of these documentaries really rewrite the history of what you thought you knew.
Channel 4 but I think someone’s beat me to it! I’m not sure when, it just said later this year x

Just read it will be on All 4 online, a three part documentary :) x

I might be in the minority but I think Louise Woodward is guilty. I’ve watched a documentary and read about the case plus listened to podcasts.

As I said my feeling has always been it was an accident but that she’s guilty

I might be in the minority but I think Louise Woodward is guilty. I’ve watched a documentary and read about the case plus listened to podcasts.

As I said my feeling has always been it was an accident but that she’s guilty
what podcasts did you listen to? I vageuly remember the case but was pretty young when it happened so would like to learn more

what podcasts did you listen to? I vageuly remember the case but was pretty young when it happened so would like to learn more
Oh, sorry I couldn’t recommend a specific one. I just listen to random crime podcasts on spotify.
Some are obvs better than others but I couldn’t tell you which ones as it was so long ago

Oh, sorry I couldn’t recommend a specific one. I just listen to random crime podcasts on spotify.
Some are obvs better than others but I couldn’t tell you which ones as it was so long ago
haha okay! I listen to so many true crime podcasts I know find I am just listening to cases I already know :ROFLMAO: will have a look around, if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

It wasn’t quite a documentary but it was a film about the abduction of Lesley Whittle by the black panther.
He kidnapped her and hid her in a drain in a park.
God alone knows why my parents allowed me to watch it when I was a child. I was traumatised. I still think about it now.
Poor poor girl.

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.