Disney Vloggers #8 Multiple trips galore, all such a bore. I can't listen to the complaining anymore!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find this whole "live your entire life round getting points so you can maybe upgrade or get a free seat" baffling. Wonder how much money it costs you in the long run to be tied to one airline like that? Driving 5 miles further to Tesco to get a loaf because they have double points on that day etc. I find it exhausting just hearing about it.

Reactions: 4
The only reason is works for my family is the fact I travel so much for work and claim on expenses. I put everything through a Virgin card and stay in the same hotel franchises to get points and know I’m not running up debt because it’s always claimed back from my company. I don’t understand how people like the Lodge Guys do it.

Reactions: 1
I find this whole "live your entire life round getting points so you can maybe upgrade or get a free seat" baffling. Wonder how much money it costs you in the long run to be tied to one airline like that? Driving 5 miles further to Tesco to get a loaf because they have double points on that day etc. I find it exhausting just hearing about it.
It depends on your lifestyle. I use points and they can be great, but you need to do your research and work the system. Air miles mainly benefit business travellers and anyone who travels a lot. I have frequent flyer miles and have got benefits but it's taken years, it's more a case if I'm going anyway I may as well collect then. I also tend to only fly one airline where possible to get miles.

Reactions: 3
I know she is a big annoying but I've been watching aclaireytale recent vlogs (she can be informative) and now on her med disney cruise. Is there really nothing to do on board but quizzes? That's all she seems to do, ome quiz to another

It depends on your lifestyle. I use points and they can be great, but you need to do your research and work the system. Air miles mainly benefit business travellers and anyone who travels a lot. I have frequent flyer miles and have got benefits but it's taken years, it's more a case if I'm going anyway I may as well collect then. I also tend to only fly one airline where possible to get miles.

I get miles for using the same airline (because it's who flies from our local airport rather than any real preference) and they can be useful for upgrades and even comped flights but use a normal credit cash back credit card that you can spend on anything, with it being cash. I could not be arsed to faff about with all the Virgin/Avios stuff, especially when other airlines have fantastic deals on at the moment.

I get miles for using the same airline (because it's who flies from our local airport rather than any real preference) and they can be useful for upgrades and even comped flights but use a normal credit cash back credit card that you can spend on anything, with it being cash. I could not be arsed to faff about with all the Virgin/Avios stuff, especially when other airlines have fantastic deals on at the moment.

I guess it also depends on how you view flying. For some it's just point a to b and they don't care how they get there. For me it's all part of the experience, I'm more likely to spend on flight than upgrading my room for example. Flight times come first but if all things equal I'll always go for my preferred airlines even if it costs a bit more.

Reactions: 2
I guess it also depends on how you view flying. For some it's just point a to b and they don't care how they get there. For me it's all part of the experience, I'm more likely to spend on flight than upgrading my room for example. Flight times come first but if all things equal I'll always go for my preferred airlines even if it costs a bit more.

Yes, true and if that's what people want to do, good for them.

What baffles me is all the vulnerable sheep who are now taking out double credit cards and copying YouTubers spending habits and tying them into expensive airlines when they don't have that much money to begin with.

Yes, true and if that's what people want to do, good for them.

What baffles me is all the vulnerable sheep who are now taking out double credit cards and copying YouTubers spending habits and tying them into expensive airlines when they don't have that much money to begin with.
Yeah that's crazy town. For most of these vloggers points aren't really worth it. But like always it's about image rather than common sense

Just watched Sam4god's latest vlog from Disneyland Paris where she does something there for each letter in her name. Her Mum is an artist and has painted Sam and the Disney castle (see pic below)! Sam is now flogging them on her Etsy and the first few of them will be 'signed'. Who would want a postcard of a total stranger in front of the castle that hasn't even been painted accurately?! Plus the whole signed thing it's just arrogant beyond belief.
Oh wow. I haven’t watched the video yet, but could it be that the castle was painted like that so they could always say it isn’t the actual Disney castle? Because they’re making money of it, so it can’t be an original Disney work, I’m guessing? I don’t know. But yeah, this is surprisingly arrogant coming from Sam. Maybe meeting all those viewers in the past few months at the park had made her think she’s a celebrity now haha

I know she is a big annoying but I've been watching aclaireytale recent vlogs (she can be informative) and now on her med disney cruise. Is there really nothing to do on board but quizzes? That's all she seems to do, ome quiz to another
I used to love Claire but she is actually annoying me now. The slow patronising voice is really starting to grate. Cruises just don't appeal to me at all, I only watch for where they actually go somewhere to get an idea what it's like.

Oh wow. I haven’t watched the video yet, but could it be that the castle was painted like that so they could always say it isn’t the actual Disney castle? Because they’re making money of it, so it can’t be an original Disney work, I’m guessing? I don’t know. But yeah, this is surprisingly arrogant coming from Sam. Maybe meeting all those viewers in the past few months at the park had made her think she’s a celebrity now haha
Possibly, but just by looking at it people will think it is the Disney castle! She shouldn't be attempting to make money out of it really. People comment on her IG posts saying how they wish they could meet her in the parks or that it was so nice meeting her in the parks etc. There seem to be people who actively go round trying to look for her. Crazy! It is going to her head.

I used to love Claire but she is actually annoying me now. The slow patronising voice is really starting to grate. Cruises just don't appeal to me at all, I only watch for where they actually go somewhere to get an idea what it's like.
same I've half watched a lot of Disney cruise vlogs in the past year and not a single one of them has made me think the high prices for them are justified!

Possibly, but just by looking at it people will think it is the Disney castle! She shouldn't be attempting to make money out of it really. People comment on her IG posts saying how they wish they could meet her in the parks or that it was so nice meeting her in the parks etc. There seem to be people who actively go round trying to look for her. Crazy! It is going to her head.
I mean.... Adam Hattan sold an iPhone photo taken of the actual DLP castle for something like £15

I really don't see anything wrong with people selling prints of artwork personally

Helen & martyn sell rip off pins of Disney rides and as much as I find most of their vlogs boring.... I've actually bought one from them before. I think it's much better than Patreon or straight out begging for money like the lodge guys

Last edited:
same I've half watched a lot of Disney cruise vlogs in the past year and not a single one of them has made me think the high prices for them are justified!
For me I just don't get the appeal at all. Stuck in a place where you can't get away from people, everywhere you visit is going to be busy as your ship is the one that is making it busy and you have to do stuff when told to. Putting Disney in there as well would just drive me nuts! I love the parks but one thing that does bug me when staying onsite is you never get away from the music etc.

For me I just don't get the appeal at all. Stuck in a place where you can't get away from people, everywhere you visit is going to be busy as your ship is the one that is making it busy and you have to do stuff when told to. Putting Disney in there as well would just drive me nuts! I love the parks but one thing that does bug me when staying onsite is you never get away from the music etc.
Yes, my friend has just been on a cruise and it was limited capacity post Covid but she said it was incredibly busy, she couldn't imagine what it would be like at full capacity. I choose to visit the parks when they're quiet because I can and I don't particularly like crowds. And why queue when you don't have to? But it sounds like you don't get that option on a cruise.

Not related to their Disney blogs, but the despicable three deserve some sponsorship cash - their planet Hollywood vlogs have got me so close to booking a trip lol. They even manage to make a beach day vlog interesting just by being themselves. Favourite vloggers atm

Reactions: 9
Not related to their Disney blogs, but the despicable three deserve some sponsorship cash - their planet Hollywood vlogs have got me so close to booking a trip lol. They even manage to make a beach day vlog interesting just by being themselves. Favourite vloggers atm
I don’t like them that much, but agree with this - they’ve had me looking at prices 😂

Anyone watch our Disney journal?
Oh I love her! So much better than that Disney Hannah or L&S adventure.
She’s so informative and her deserves a lot more views than they’re getting.
I think out of all the Insta wannabe vloggers, she’s by far the best!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.