Disney Vloggers #6 Now they’re back and on vacation, who will end up in isolation?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so true. I wonder if Bambi would have the same storyline if it was made today.
It would probably be more subtle in terms of violence, but also more preachy. The great thing about classic disney films is you didn't need to be whacked around the head with the moral.

It's noticeable how disney villains (that are actually hugely popular) are being phased out in the last decade or so. Even frozens villain was a bit weak and more grounded in reality. Encanto was beautiful but kind of boring, I just kept waiting for something to happen. Subtlety in storytelling seems to be a dieing art

Reactions: 2
I love Disney (although I do prefer Universal and Busch Gardens due to rides) but what puzzles me is grown arse adults without young kids queueing up for half hour each time to have a picture taken with a character. Seems like a complete waste of time imo.

"Ahhhh it was so nice to meet Woody from Toy Story." What? It's an ordinary person in a costume ffs.
What? You mean they're actually people acting in them ,I'm traumatised!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Absolutely delighted to see that the wonderfully quirky Millsiebee AKA Lorna and Ellie have announced a trip to WDW. Looking forward to the vlogs already, the girls are such fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Absolutely delighted to see that the wonderfully quirky Millsiebee AKA Lorna and Ellie have announced a trip to WDW. Looking forward to the vlogs already, the girls are such fun.
We love them too, especially the Ellie cam bits

Reactions: 1
Anyone watching Becky’s blogs on Instagram no YouTube but she’s putting loads up and family seem nice.

What happened to the girl on here who named herself and her vlog?! Did she ever receive any backlash from the oh so welcoming Disney vlogging community?! She doesn’t seem to have posted here since

Following a sports team usually stems from your childhood so it’s not THAT different. Excuse the blatant gender stereotype but lots of little boys grow up wanting to be footballers and many girls wanting to be princesses.

I generally feel that interests aimed at straight boys are more socially acceptable than those aimed as girls because they’re seen as more intelligent … sports, Star Wars, marvel, dc comics, he-man, gaming. Not saying women don’t like these things also, but when they do, it’s way more accepted because straight grown men love them too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Following a sports team & obsessing over Disney are nothing a like .
Sports people are real!! Disney characters are not!! Will never understand why grown adults without children que to meet a character … surely these Adults know they aren’t real 🙈

Sports people are real!! Disney characters are not!! Will never understand why grown adults without children que to meet a character … surely these Adults know they aren’t real 🙈
I bet you tell little kids Santa isn’t real as well 😂

I think anything that brings people a little joy (and that isn’t hurting anyone else) isn’t a bad thing.

ETA: I love Disney, big fan here, I don’t have a house full of Merch (I’m poor so only get Disney stuff if it’s got a purpose I.e plates or a tshirt etc.) and I love being at Disney, I personally don’t get character meets but that’s because I had a traumatising experience at Blackpool Pleasure Beach as a child, but I also don’t begrudge people getting excited about it - who is it hurting?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
For someone that has done some Disney character meet and greets but doesn't go out of my way to I don't really see what the problem is. It's just a bit of fun and if people want to do it then so be it and actually means less people in the queue for the rides.

I actually find it amusing that you can tell Donald is often quite clearly a woman or certainly a bloke with very feminine legs.

As I say it's all just a bit of fun and part of being in the bubble of Disney and I hate to break this to anyone but everything in Disney World is fake and not real!!

Reactions: 10
What do you mean they aren't real?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think someone is triggered by sports being compared to Disney lol and you're stating only one area where they differ, as has been mentioned there are loads of other similarities.

Of course (most) people know disney characters aren't real, it's just a bit of fun. Why do people want to meet celebrities and sports people they don't know? The public persona of them isn't 'real' either, you're not actually meeting the real person, just their projected and carefully cultivated image. you've met them for a minute, got a photo, all for what?! It's all as pointless as each other if you look closely at it

• Heart
Walt Disney was very much real. The animators and imagineers who create the magic are also real. The creativity and intelligence behind Disney is far more skilful than scoring a goal IMO. There are lots of amazing docus that go into detail about this.

Your outlook of Disney is very one dimensional if you narrow 100 years to just character meet & greets. Can say I’ve never even done myself one.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think the funniest part of this whole sports v Disney debate is the insistence that Disney is just some faceless corporation whereas top football clubs are ... Ah, yes, that's kind of where your argument falls down.

I've yet to be persuaded what the difference is between being a Lewis Hamilton fan and being a Disney fan. Sadly I rather suspect it is patriarchal nonsense as a previous poster elegantly outlined. If you live in Cornwall and support Man United that's apparantly fine despite the fact you've never been to Manchester and know nobody from Manchester. But enjoying visiting Disney parks as an adult is somehow weird despite the fact that you're there because you admire the artistry of the filmmaking and the creativity of the theming in the parks. OK dokey.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Ok I need some help. I need some new Disneyworld vlogs to watch, I have some rather specific requirements though as I'm a miserable bugger and a lot wont make the grade.
I am looking for the following:
  • No Instagram wannabe's just there for the gram people.
  • Real people with personality, no boring mumblers.
  • British, ideally.
  • Couple, ideally not overly keen on family holidays.
  • Does some different stuff or does decent reviews of restaurants etc.
  • Has to have gone since pandemic.
People I like, The Mr's, Cheers Ears, One Couples Adventures, The Despicable 3, Hannah Ricketts, So Helena and Martyn, Park Pioneer, Sam Mealey, Becca Louise, aclaireytale.

Thanks in advance, I trust tattlers more than anyone!

Ok I need some help. I need some new Disneyworld vlogs to watch, I have some rather specific requirements though as I'm a miserable bugger and a lot wont make the grade.
I am looking for the following:
  • No Instagram wannabe's just there for the gram people.
  • Real people with personality, no boring mumblers.
  • British, ideally.
  • Couple, ideally not overly keen on family holidays.
  • Does some different stuff or does decent reviews of restaurants etc.
  • Has to have gone since pandemic.
People I like, The Mr's, Cheers Ears, One Couples Adventures, The Despicable 3, Hannah Ricketts, So Helena and Martyn, Park Pioneer, Sam Mealey, Becca Louise, aclaireytale.

Thanks in advance, I trust tattlers more than anyone!
I’ve been watching some different travel days this morning and out of the 8 I tried the only new couple I’ll continue watching are Life As Waltons. They seem ok, travelled this Feb and married out there so that’ll be nice to see!

I haven’t tried One Couples Adventures so will watch them later too, thanks!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.