Disney Vloggers #6 Now they’re back and on vacation, who will end up in isolation?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did manage to put my airmiles to use in Asia though and flew business from Vietnam to Cambodia . . . granted it was a 30 min flight, and we never took our seatbelts off. But it cost the same as cash economy ticket, got access to the lounge in Vietnam where I could get free food and internet, did get my in flight drink before take off, and assisted in filling in the paperwork and then got off the plane first and therefore first in the visa on arrival queue.

If you can fly out of EU, or planning travel in Japan there can be some good deals out there with no tax. But it takes a lot of time and planning and searching which you have to factor in is it worth it?!

Reactions: 3
Had some success with miles trips back in the day of good old Tesco clubcard, but now it's just too much effort/time. Did/does anyone try and decipher the codes for the deals on Flyertalk?

Reactions: 1
I've never really gone down the airmiles route, but have always collected hotel points. Partly due to spending so much time in hotels across the UK (pre-covid), and partly because it's always felt more obtainable with my spending. It doesn't take much to get a free night, and I've spent weeks at hotels in various cities across the world as my holidays and then just paid for flights.

Reactions: 2
Danny Dalimore's latest vlog, whole series is WDW with no plans

At Animal Kingdom and gets a Tiffins reservation on the day. He has no idea it's a signatire restaurant. He says yes to the bread service and says he's got no idea of the price but he'll tell us later.....he does not!
All the food is described as delicious or lovely, nothing about flavour, no end of meal pricing!

Checks into AKL with DVC and gets am upgrade to a 1 bedroom room,
tells us outside he's already been in but 'for the vlog' he'll pretend its the first time 😂points to washer and drier calling it a bath, tries again then calls it a shower!

Says he's eating at Sanaa, shows nothing of Sanaa yet shows us him running a bath after!

Next day we are told next vlog he'll talk about Sanaa, and upgrade to flight coming home and all stuff will be explained in next vlog (I highly doubt it)

Then says he's back very soon (early March I think) with a big trip, with loads of DVC stays.

I just can't understand why he would go for 6 nights, off the cuff with no plans, it's so expensive even with DVC

This makes him so unrelateable to most Disney fans......YET......I still enjoy watching the goofy little bugger!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Danny is the best terrible vlogger to watch on YouTube! 🤣

his vlogs are all over the place..... he doesn't show half the things he does, says he'll mention something later then never does.... nothing about his vlogs are informative but they're certainly entertaining

Agree what he's doing is very unrelatable and I also don't understand the point of this 6 day trip! probably just for content as he's planning to fly to DLP just for one day for content too :ROFLMAO: has he ever said how many DVC points he has?? I doubt march will be his last WDW trip this year

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think I've said before I'm only interested in visiting Universal now. Also considering Dollywood which looks like a lovely park. The magic appears to have gone from WDW.
I have been so lucky to visit Dollywood twice (my good friend lived in Maggie Valley not far away) so have been once in summer and at Christmas time… I have also been lucky to visit Florida parks many times (she now lives in Florida) but I can honestly say the more memorable visits are in Dollywood - there is just something about that place and the people who welcome you there - hope you all get there and have a special time

Reactions: 6
I’d love to visit Dollywood!

I really don’t get Danny, he’s far too chaotic and obviously has a bottomless pit of money.

I thought there was no way to get a complimentary upgrade on DVC points?
He said they had no more availability of the room category he booked in Kidani Village so they offered him a better room at Jambo House

Getting a random upgrade freebie from DVC used to be common during the pandemic when they were struggling to get the 1BR+ rooms sold, as in a way to get the easier sell free deluxe studios, but since the 50th and the return to "normal" level of traffic its stopped happening (on the groups I follow anyway).

Wouldn't be surprised with it being an actual DVC f-up, they've had some issues with the booking tool over the last couple of months which caused Grand Californian to be double booked, maybe it happened to other resorts as well...

If anyone is interested like me the star wars Hotel videos are up. Tim tracker, SuperEnthused and ordinary adventures were invited to a media/press pass event. I'll never be able to afford it but its interesting to see. Watching ordinary adventures and the rooms look tiny!

Crazy money, seen about half an hour of the DIS Unplugged one, room looks super claustrophobic and food looks :sick:

Reactions: 3
Yeah I watched Molly All Ears; looks great but would probs the cost of a mortgage to stay there!

Very sad news from See You On Mainstreet, they're a lovely couple. I know they don't get much attention on her but they're definitely worth checking out for dlp

• Sad
Very sad news from See You On Mainstreet, they're a lovely couple. I know they don't get much attention on her but they're definitely worth checking out for dlp

OMG! Yes, they're such a genuine, loving couple who are true Disney fans, not fake wannabes. Really hope Sven makes a full and rapid recovery.

Oh no that’s sad to hear. I enjoy their channel and they seem like such a lovely couple. Hopefully he recovers quickly poor guy.

Never heard of them, but damn… I wish them all the best and hope he makes a full recovery!

Never heard of them, but damn… I wish them all the best and hope he makes a full recovery!
Their vlogs were definitely worth watching, I found them very informative. It was also interesting to get a non-Brit take on DLP. A genuinely lovely couple too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.