Disney Vloggers #3 Paris or a cruise it's all about those views

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if they’ve gone then they will face a backlash from the Disney community and other Disney vloggers. Like goofygirl said it’s in very poor taste when there are babies dying there. Florida are in an absolute mess with Covid at the moment. My husband said to me last night isn’t it a little sad if that is all you have in your life and you have to try and get their via other countries. Well yes it is sad!

also it is shady because we shouldn’t be going! It’s sneaky entering via another country. You need to get a life if you want to do what cash/get Binky are supposedly doing. Life isn’t all Disney and Mickey ears I’m afraid.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's not shady and gross at all, it's a legitimate way to travel if you are time and money rich which is why people are so against it. It's not as if the UK banned people going direct, its the US that has. I might had gone that way earlier but I won't be going to the US currently with it's cases rising which is the main cause of concern at the moment imho.
Not shady? I have friend who lost her mother in the US and cannot travel to say her goodbyes she has been absolutely devastated! Yeah sure it’s a legitimate way to get there but travel insurance won’t cover you if you say needed medical help.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's not shady and gross at all, it's a legitimate way to travel if you are time and money rich which is why people are so against it. It's not as if the UK banned people going direct, its the US that has. I might had gone that way earlier but I won't be going to the US currently with it's cases rising which is the main cause of concern at the moment imho.
I mean the time and money thing in itself is pretty grotesque. Flying to another country for 14 days to JUST gain entry to the USA is vulgar. Who lives like that?

Exactly, the US has banned people coming from the UK for a reason. They are trying to get a grip of the COVID situation without an influx of sneaky brits trying to make a few bucks some crappy WDW vlogs. COVID in Florida is really high. To the point, they are asking people to limit their water use because they are re-directing it to hospitals. They're struggling to get enough oxygen tanks etc. It's bad.

So if Get Binky, Yaz and Ash or whoever rocks up to WDW like 'SURPRISE' - Well, they better bleeping BRACE themselves for the shitstorm coming their way. It's unacceptable behaviour and I think enough is enough of these stupid Disney Vloggers acting like entitled brats!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I certainly wouldn’t want to be that person facing US immigration explaining how as a British Citizen, who resides in the UK, is trying to get into Orlando for a leisure trip!

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know the shop EarsEverAfter? She’s closing her shop for 4 weeks and has previously asked for advice on her stories on how other people had “snuck into the US”, her words, not mine! She’s another desperate person who apparently needs to go to WDW right now 😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Does anyone know the shop EarsEverAfter? She’s closing her shop for 4 weeks and has previously asked for advice on her stories on how other people had “snuck into the US”, her words, not mine! She’s another desperate person who apparently needs to go to WDW right now 😡
Yeah she's got married yesterday so no wonder she's trying to sneak into the US for a little honeymoon.

Honestly the lengths people will go to.

She's only just been on the bloody Disney cruise.. not like she hasn't seen Mickey Mouse lately!!

Reactions: 4
Yeah she's got married yesterday so no wonder she's trying to sneak into the US for a little honeymoon.

Honestly the lengths people will go to.

She's only just been on the bloody Disney cruise.. not like she hasn't seen Mickey Mouse lately!!
I think she had her honeymoon booked for September also 🤔 I could be wrong tho

It's not shady and gross at all, it's a legitimate way to travel if you are time and money rich which is why people are so against it.
So basically you are saying people are jealous because they can afford to do this? I don't think so, it's about priorities, people are pissed because at this present time covid rates are rocketing in Florida and do you think it's worth taking the risk just to see 'Mickey Mouse'? Disney ain't going anywhere and i say shame on these idiots that go ahead and do this, i hope they receive a tit load of backlash from their viewers.

Reactions: 15
I think being sneaky to get to Florida, which has one of the worst rates of COVID, where babies are literally catching and dying of COVID will be absolutely bad taste.

I understand that people want to go to WDW and can find ways to get there but something about going through the back door is so shady and gross!
one thing here though - It isn’t a “back door”. The risk is from spread of covid and they don’t want to risk from a delta spreader (even though it already in Florida)
So the rules state to be able to transit you need to spend 14 days outside of Schengen country or the U.K. it’s clearly spelled out on their customs and border protection site. The limiting factor for most people is that they can’t take that long off from their regular work or afford the flight combinations needed.

personally if people can do it, I don’t have a major issue with it. We see so much talk about having to learn to live with covid. And that means we have to start to live our lives more normally again. Most of the travel requirements for the intermediate countries will mean adults need to be testing and/or double vaxxed.

Reactions: 3
I certainly wouldn’t want to be that person facing US immigration explaining how as a British Citizen, who resides in the UK, is trying to get into Orlando for a leisure trip!
But they don't need to explain? Like Pauljohns has said the rules are clear. If someone has followed all the guidelines it's above board. I would be allowed to go and work in another country for work and then go and do that but my OH can't so we won't. But if we could I would have no issues doing this too.

Going to Disney world is not a valid reason to hop between countries! I don’t understand anyone sticking up for this? I’m living life quite normally now and not overly scared but I had my honeymoon in Scotland cos I’m not a selfish t**t. It’s pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Firstly the borders were not closed to get their cases under control- they were closed because of the high number of cases in the EU and then the UK. As our cases are in line with other countries, and less than the US the border should be opened.
We allow US citizens to travel even though their cases are so much higher than ours now.

The ability to travel to the US via another country has always been there and many people have done this, albeit when the cases in Florida were lower. I would have gone if I could have got the time off but too risky currently.

Reactions: 1
Okay, if it isn't a back door then why don't you hop onto a plane right now, fly direct to the USA and go have a chat with USA immigration? I'm sure they will let you swan in with your arguments. :ROFLMAO:

Oh wait, you can't.

(and the whole privilege of 'well we can go fly to another country to 14 days if we want to then fly to WDW to get around the rules' is just grim. Families/couples/solo travellers who have saved for years have had holidays to WDW cancelled and due to the changes, removal of so many benefits and the price increases of bloody Bob PayChek (and no doubt Bob Iger before him), are now unable to re-book their cancelled trips due to being priced out. So yeah, it leaves a bad taste.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I don’t get the hype for EarsEverAfter - her ears are tit, her clothing line is really expensive and doesn’t look good quality at all

Reactions: 5
I think the big issue people are missing in regards to going to Florida right now is that they don’t have have many icu beds left for their actual citizens who pay £££ for medical cover.

I seen a speech from the medical director of a hospital in Baton Rouge( before Ida) Louisiana, saying she had 25 people needing an icu bed and no where to put them. America is in dire straights especially Florida with Covid cases and hospitalisation. Esp in southern states like Florida where the vaccine roll out or social distancing hasn’t been exactly been promoted by their governor.

It’s okay to think you won’t need hospital even if you had Covid, but lots of other things happen like accidents, stroke, heart attacks out of the blue and if you’re stuck over there with no icu bed then the vlogs with the mouse aren’t really worth it like are they.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Florida just seems to be getting in worse and worse position

The other issue for these British vloggers is its likely people follow you because they can relate to you. Buggering off and sneaking into the USA In a highly questionable way that most of your audience can't do or relate to is also dodgy from pleasing your audience pov. Kind of like always flying first class and staying in 5 star hotels, if your audience can't relate to you they may not stick around

Reactions: 8
Florida just seems to be getting in worse and worse position

The other issue for these British vloggers is its likely people follow you because they can relate to you. Buggering off and sneaking into the USA In a highly questionable way that most of your audience can't do or relate to is also dodgy from pleasing your audience pov. Kind of like always flying first class and staying in 5 star hotels, if your audience can't relate to you they may not stick around
Also, it might encourage fellow people to also do the same. Therefore causing, depending how large the platform is, quite possibly a lot of people to travel that otherwise may not have realised the 'trick in the book'. And with it being the 50th year...

Personally, let WDW suffer with low crowds and lack of international guests. Maybe this will force them to seriously think about their money grabbing ways but more importantly, allow Florida citizens time and space to get safely vaccinated without the world landing on their doorstep.

Reactions: 6
Also, it might encourage fellow people to also do the same. Therefore causing, depending how large the platform is, quite possibly a lot of people to travel that otherwise may not have realised the 'trick in the book'. And with it being the 50th year...

Personally, let WDW suffer with low crowds and lack of international guests. Maybe this will force them to seriously think about their money grabbing ways but more importantly, allow Florida citizens time and space to get safely vaccinated without the world landing on their doorstep.
Exactly. And when more people do it and if they get turned away, lose money, or get insurance invalid...who will their audience blame. If they do do it I hope they're very open about what risks they are taking to be transparent

Reactions: 3
I don’t get the hype for EarsEverAfter - her ears are tit, her clothing line is really expensive and doesn’t look good quality at all
I had to unfollow her as well after her parading half naked on a hoop all the time. I was like how is the relevant to your brand?

But yeah her ears look awful… I’d never buy off her. Hannah Marie Magic ones are the same price and you can tell the effort put into those! You can literally see the ears aren’t even round and clearly just uses like shut cardboard or something.

Okay, if it isn't a back door then why don't you hop onto a plane right now, fly direct to the USA and go have a chat with USA immigration? I'm sure they will let you swan in with your arguments. :ROFLMAO:

Oh wait, you can't.

(and the whole privilege of 'well we can go fly to another country to 14 days if we want to then fly to WDW to get around the rules' is just grim. Families/couples/solo travellers who have saved for years have had holidays to WDW cancelled and due to the changes, removal of so many benefits and the price increases of bloody Bob PayChek (and no doubt Bob Iger before him), are now unable to re-book their cancelled trips due to being priced out. So yeah, it leaves a bad taste.)
I genuinely don't get why people keep calling it 'sneaking in' or 'backdoor' there are clear rules.

Saying why don't you hop on a flight direct and speak to them, then saying you can't. Correct. You can't fly direct.

However its all about risk.

If someone can and wants to fly to a country on a green list.
Spend the 14 days there.
Follow procedures needed to travel on.
Then go onto another country, and return. And that the country you return from allows this as a valid route.

Then there is no problem. If they want to risk getting stranded, want to risk getting ill, want to risk high cases then that's on them. I said before I would do it. I would, not right now as cases are too high in Florida. But if they weren't I would.

I'm not a fan of Get Binky, Yaz and Cash etc or any others rumoured to be doing this. And while we all may not agree, technically they are not doing anything wrong. And not sneaking anywhere. Whether you personally feel morally its wrong is a whole other valid reason for you to feel that way. Don't try and throw the rules in as an argument though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.