Disney Vloggers #2 Ears We Ego Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems some prefer to be more subtle and discreet than others.
The worst one is when they all meet up and film each other and shout 'vlog the vlogger,'.
Hilarious.
Not.

Reactions: 3
I’ve recently discovered findusinparadise on Instagram (if they haven’t been mentioned already) and they are great - couple living in Orlando and go to the parks regularly.
I’ve been following these for a while too, really like them and the whole emigrating, buying a house etc I find interesting.

I do wonder if she’s really bored though - can’t work (yet), family can’t visit due to covid etc

Reactions: 1
It seems some prefer to be more subtle and discreet than others.
The worst one is when they all meet up and film each other and shout 'vlog the vlogger,'.
Hilarious.
Not.
God, that's reminded me of something I experienced in DLP.

First some background for people who haven't been there: Cafe Fantasia, Inventions, and California Grill restaurants all have their entrances in this one lounge area at the Disneyland Hotel and it is mostly full with extra seating for Cafe Fantasia. Inventions is a character dining restaurant and the characters enter the restaurant through the main entrance, it a well-known thing to have a 'cheap' (I use that lightly) lunch at Cafe Fantasia and catch the characters go into Inventions rather than stump up the cost for a full Inventions brunch, you don't get much time but it can be nice for kids to wave at characters as they go in.

So, me and my better half were having lunch at the cafe, outside in this shared area. It was a hot and busy day at DLP, and the restaurants and bar were full. A group of 'influencers' turned up and parked themselves next to the entrance to Inventions, after being asked by the CMs if they had a reservation and being shooed away they sat at an empty table for the cafe, even though there was a queue of people at the cafe waiting to be seated. When the waiter came over to take an order they had a bit of a moan that they had to order something, then ended up buying a single drink (a glowtini) between the 6 of them. The next 15 minutes was them taking it in turns to take some Insta snaps with the drink, pose with it in the middle of the only clear walking areas, then having a little fashion shoot while changing outfits in the toilets.

Then, the characters came out of the staff door. They all jumped up out of their chairs and blocked the route to Inventions, forcing the characters to stop and take pictures with them all, again, one of them ran back to change outfits in the toilets before returning and taking more photos with the characters. They must have held up the characters for a good 5 minutes.

You could see the handlers for the characters were pissed, the Inventions front desk people were pissed, and the Cafe Fantasia waiter was frustrated they were taking a family table up for one drink, families just trying to get to inventions had to try and dodge the idiots. After their enforced meet and greet they left, and most frustrating for me, they DIDNT EVEN FINISH THE DRINK.

Anyway, I can't remember the lead 'infulencer' name, I'm sure my wife will remind me when she sees this, but the sheer attitude of some of them is just frustrating, they're the most important, duck everyone else.

Sorry for the long rant :D

• Wow
Reactions: 15

First some background for people who haven't been there: Cafe Fantasia, Inventions, and California Grill restaurants all have their entrances in this one lounge area at the Disneyland Hotel and it is mostly full with extra seating for Cafe Fantasia. Inventions is a character dining restaurant and the characters enter the restaurant through the main entrance, it a well-known thing to have a 'cheap' (I use that lightly) lunch at Cafe Fantasia and catch the characters go into Inventions rather than stump up the cost for a full Inventions brunch, you don't get much time but it can be nice for kids to wave at characters as they go in.

So, me and my better half were having lunch at the cafe, outside in this shared area. It was a hot and busy day at DLP, and the restaurants and bar were full. A group of 'influencers' turned up and parked themselves next to the entrance to Inventions, after being asked by the CMs if they had a reservation and being shooed away they sat at an empty table for the cafe, even though there was a queue of people at the cafe waiting to be seated. When the waiter came over to take an order they had a bit of a moan that they had to order something, then ended up buying a single drink (a glowtini) between the 6 of them. The next 15 minutes was them taking it in turns to take some Insta snaps with the drink, pose with it in the middle of the only clear walking areas, then having a little fashion shoot while changing outfits in the toilets.

Then, the characters came out of the staff door. They all jumped up out of their chairs and blocked the route to Inventions, forcing the characters to stop and take pictures with them all, again, one of them ran back to change outfits in the toilets before returning and taking more photos with the characters. They must have held up the characters for a good 5 minutes.

You could see the handlers for the characters were pissed, the Inventions front desk people were pissed, and the Cafe Fantasia waiter was frustrated they were taking a family table up for one drink, families just trying to get to inventions had to try and dodge the idiots. After their enforced meet and greet they left, and most frustrating for me, they DIDNT EVEN FINISH THE DRINK.

Anyway, I can't remember the lead 'infulencer' name, I'm sure my wife will remind me when she sees this, but the sheer attitude of some of them is just frustrating, they're the most important, duck everyone else.

That is disgusting behaviour. I really don't get it at all. I do hope that your wife recalls who was there 'influencing' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That is disgusting behaviour. I really don't get it at all. I do hope that your wife recalls who was there 'influencing' 🤣
She did indeed :LOL:, Stepheralla was the ring leader, she can't remember the gaggle of other people with her, but it was a meetup that she posted and organised accordingly.

I really don't care about what these YouTubers and Instagrammers do, but when it starts interfering with other people's enjoyment and cast members just trying to do their job it goes too far.

Reactions: 9

That would have really wound me up, especially if I was in line for Inventions as that area gets super crowded at meal times!

Also how can that be an enjoyable experience for anyone?
If I see a character walking to and from a spot I would always let them go on their way, despite how desperate I was to meet them and then line up like a respectable human being!

She did indeed :LOL:, Stepheralla was the ring leader, she can't remember the gaggle of other people with her, but it was a meetup that she posted and organised accordingly.

I really don't care about what these YouTubers and Instagrammers do, but when it starts interfering with other people's enjoyment and cast members just trying to do their job it goes too far.
Uh, I totally can see it now! They at times go round in such big groups no wonder the bloody characters couldn't get past for the paying customers!

If you're sitting there to get a look at the characters then fair play but when they stop characters doing their jobs some paying customers may not get to see that character during their meal! Not on at all!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone else ever considered giving vlogging a go?

Sometimes I watch these disney vloggers and I think, I really could do better than that. But at same time not sure I really want to talk to camera all holiday
My boyfriend wants me to give it a go when we eventually go for the first time, but I don't feel comfortable doing so. If we do anything it will be more shots of the parks with me taking over it occasionally like an old school home movie, just for memories. I don't feel comfortable talking to camera like that!

Has anyone else ever considered giving vlogging a go?

Sometimes I watch these disney vloggers and I think, I really could do better than that. But at same time not sure I really want to talk to camera all holiday
Vlogging isn't as easy as it seems. First you have to get comfortable with the camera. Then comfortable with the (incorrect) thought that everyone is watching you yack to the cameral. Then, all your first videos are awful and editing takes FOREVER. Then, after uploading to YouTube, you realize no one watches the videos you poured so many hours into making. Then you get discouraged and stop. It usually takes a year and 120 videos get to any real level of success (1K subs). Is it really worth all the time and effort and what turns out to be a trip talking to the camera?

Vlogging isn't as easy as it seems. First you have to get comfortable with the camera. Then comfortable with the (incorrect) thought that everyone is watching you yack to the cameral. Then, all your first videos are awful and editing takes FOREVER. Then, after uploading to YouTube, you realize no one watches the videos you poured so many hours into making. Then you get discouraged and stop. It usually takes a year and 120 videos get to any real level of success (1K subs). Is it really worth all the time and effort and what turns out to be a trip talking to the camera?
I think as long as you do it for you it’s worth it, some youtubers get caught up in numbers etc, when people force it and do sub for sub etc it just ruins it

I think as long as you do it for you it’s worth it, some youtubers get caught up in numbers etc, when people force it and do sub for sub etc it just ruins it
You can see the ones who try to force it from a mile off. They have catchphrases trying to mimick The Tim Tracker, grand announcements (that nobody cares about), beg for a thumbs up, clickbait titles... the list continues.

You can see the ones who try to force it from a mile off. They have catchphrases trying to mimick The Tim Tracker, grand announcements (that nobody cares about), beg for a thumbs up, clickbait titles... the list continues.
It’s so obvious isn’t it, it just puts me off even more!

Grand announcements are always annoying. They dance around it and act like it is some big secret for most of the video. Or you have YouTubers that say they have some big news, but can't announce it yet. What is the big secret? So you say you are planning a trip to Disney, if it falls through you say plans didn't work out.. Just spit it out already.

Grand announcements are always annoying. They dance around it and act like it is some big secret for most of the video. Or you have YouTubers that say they have some big news, but can't announce it yet. What is the big secret? So you say you are planning a trip to Disney, if it falls through you say plans didn't work out.. Just spit it out already.
I don’t understand the new for video announcements either, they’re boring - i’m not really into sit down videos tbf tho just tell me a brief summary of your trip on your travel day or just surprise me with the vlogs lol

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand the new for video announcements either, they’re boring - i’m not really into sit down videos tbf tho just tell me a brief summary of your trip on your travel day or just surprise me with the vlogs lol
I know it’s to squeeze out the timing of the video for the money but it also drives me mad with these announcements that they leave right til end of the video and then it’s really uninteresting

Those “huge” announcement they pretend to have up their sleeves, that end up being incredibly boring, basic stuff lol so annoying.

Kyle Pallo might be one of the cringiest vloggers to me, and so awfully clickbait-ey. Like his dumb April fools joke. He is one greedy little mofo, and he’s really not the sharpest tool in the shed. I saw him in the parks once, and he was incredibly disruptive, loud and annoying. I like his video quality, and the fact that he puts out daily videos, but he’s a major tool. His sister should take over the channel, I really like her.

I think its time the normal people started vlogging the vloggers and naming and shaming their behaviour

• Haha
I think its time the normal people started vlogging the vloggers and naming and shaming their behaviour
My BS radar is usually quite good but I suppose you never truly know for sure. People should be held accountable if they are wilfully rude and their behaviour negatively affects other peoples experiences. Has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: 1
My BS radar is usually quite good but I suppose you never truly know for sure. People should be held accountable if they are wilfully rude and their behaviour negatively affects other peoples experiences. Has anyone else experienced this?
Somebody posted on the Jade Billington thread about how rude she was when she said hello to her in florida 2018

Somebody posted on the Jade Billington thread about how rude she was when she said hello to her in florida 2018
Point proven. Jade always came over as being really sweet.
Then again, anyone can have an off day and I don't know the context but I can't tolerate rudeness.

Which UK vloggers have done the Disney Bahamas cruise? I've watched Adam Hattan and L&R. My mam and sister have flights vouchers to use and they are thinking of doing a Bahamas cruise next Feb or March and I want to send them links to UK vloggers doing the cruise but when I search YT I'm getting Americans.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.