Disney In Detail #14 When a bear does more in WDW than you, its time to move on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some restaurants and shops in DLP have disability queues for the people with the Paris version of DAS
The Paris version is so much better and fairer. You actually have to show some evidence. Takes seconds and all very discreet. But you don't get people abusing it.

Reactions: 6
The Paris version is so much better and fairer. You actually have to show some evidence. Takes seconds and all very discreet. But you don't get people abusing it.
that’s why she hates DLP

Reactions: 4
Some restaurants and shops in DLP have disability queues for the people with the Paris version of DAS
Few years back we had a DAS pass in DLP because of my son's autism... it was brilliant tbf - got on every ride and you even use it for character meets.
At night for the fireworks and castle show, we got in a disabled section right at the front... and once in place I went to Casey's Corner to get food for us all... I queued for ages and when I got to the front the cast member told me that if i'd show the DAS pass, I wouldn't have had to queue!!!
---
The cast members were brilliant and sorted ours out with zero fuss.

Reactions: 2
Few years back we had a DAS pass in DLP because of my son's autism... it was brilliant tbf - got on every ride and you even use it for character meets.
At night for the fireworks and castle show, we got in a disabled section right at the front... and once in place I went to Casey's Corner to get food for us all... I queued for ages and when I got to the front the cast member told me that if i'd show the DAS pass, I wouldn't have had to queue!!!
---

The cast members were brilliant and sorted ours out with zero fuss.
Same.

People moan about losing dignity etc having to show evidence. But it's ridiculous tbh. They're more than happy to swan past the standard lines and use disability entrances in view of everyone so everyone knows they have some sort of disability anyway.

Reactions: 9
Same.

People moan about losing dignity etc having to show evidence. But it's ridiculous tbh. They're more than happy to swan past the standard lines and use disability entrances in view of everyone so everyone knows they have some sort of disability anyway.
I'm getting a dlp das for our trip this year. First year I've got one and I have no problem showing my paperwork, the fact that I can read up on everything and apply for the pass before we go makes me feel so much more confident. I'm really hoping to be able to watch the fireworks!

I went to star wars celebration in London last year and I had all of my proof with me when I went to collect my access pass they didn't actually ask to see anything just asked me some questions which somehow made me more anxious and uncomfortable.

Reactions: 3
I'm getting a dlp das for our trip this year. First year I've got one and I have no problem showing my paperwork, the fact that I can read up on everything and apply for the pass before we go makes me feel so much more confident. I'm really hoping to be able to watch the fireworks!

I went to star wars celebration in London last year and I had all of my proof with me when I went to collect my access pass they didn't actually ask to see anything just asked me some questions which somehow made me more anxious and uncomfortable.
That's understandable. I think being asked questions in front of everyone is worse. There's a lack of privacy.

Reactions: 2
I’d prefer to show proof.

That being said though, the first couple of times I used DAS in WDW for my daughter, we had zero proof because of the way waiting lists are in the UK.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.