Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still sad about Sara Lee, I used to love their blackforest and double choc gateaux.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sweetie pick n mix at the corner shop... flying Saucers, Cola bottes... Etc. Sugar and e numbers ,pick n pay and in a paper bag!!! Know the actual sweets in plastic bags now in the big supermarkets... But the corner local shop... Going down with yr 10 p 😫😢.
You can find a lot of original sweets, not chocolates, on Online Sweet Shop: The Best Retro Sweets At The Best Prices (aquarterof.co.uk)

Itty Bitty rubbers - I had a huge collection and used to type stories about them.

Aztec chocolate bars

Mac lozenges - why did they disappear?

Max Factor Aqualash

A large tin of quality street. What you get now is meagre pickings to the large annual tin my nan would buy us in the late 80s.

There were these really nice Refreshers, Hubba Bubba, etc cans of fizzy drink which were out really briefly. I'm pretty sure the Hubba Bubbas came in clear cans.
I'm sure there were fizzy drinks called Selzers - I liked a raspberry one...

No7 mousse foundation, used to come in a little pot with a ‘spoon’ I’m not sure id use it properly again but I’m intrigued to try it on my more adult skin🤣
They also did a mousse foundation in a tin which I loved and has now gone 😥

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Oh my god I have so many this thread just took me BACK!

Remember when Lunchables went crazy and brought out different versions? They had pizza ones, burgers and hot dogs. The buns were really sweet and the pizza one came with a little red spatula to spread the tomato sauce

Also; baked bean flavoured walkers, vanilla monster munch, lanky larry bars, praline flakes, tizer , campions, Cadbury’s snaps, mingles, the original turkey twirlers because the new ones are awful and BARR fizzy pop in the glass bottles where you’d get 20p when you took them back to the shop

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ben & Jerry's "Love Is" ice cream , which was caramel, cookie and brown sugar ice cream with a pink chocolate layer at the top, and pink chocolate hearts within the ice cream......

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm still sad about Sara Lee, I used to love their blackforest and double choc gateaux.
I used to love Black Forest gateaux. I think Sara Lee is still available in the US. Their frozen gateaux where the height of sophistication back in the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.