Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember those turbo tango drinks that came out as some kind of foam? I used to love those although they must have had a ton of sugar in like any other soda.

Reactions: 4
Golden cup, they were runnier than Cadbury caramel iirc
I loved a golden cup! My dad used to buy me one at the weekend. Also loved a secret bar. And I don’t know if anyone else remembers a Mars truffle egg that was out way before they made celebrations. It was sensational.

Reactions: 2
I loved a golden cup! My dad used to buy me one at the weekend. Also loved a secret bar. And I don’t know if anyone else remembers a Mars truffle egg that was out way before they made celebrations. It was sensational.
Secret was the other one I was trying to remember!! Also Cadbury taster balls? Not discontinued that long ago.

Reactions: 1
Arizona - the Proenza Schouler perfume.

Also, LPQ (Le Pain Quotidien) - the Dublin restaurant shut down during the pandemic. A real pity.

I’ve got a random one but it’s Kellogg’s Start. I loved that cereal and it got me through horrendous sickness in my last pregnancy. Searched for it 2nd pregnancy and …gone!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Secret was the other one I was trying to remember!! Also Cadbury taster balls? Not discontinued that long ago.
Yeah I think they brought Tasters back for a while a few years ago but then got rid of them again. I also loved Vice Versas!

Reactions: 3
This is one is a drink that is still around but now terrible! - maybe these sort of things deserve their own category?

Anyway, our Indian takeaway always puts a can of R White’s lemonade in … it’s horrible! Sort of stale-tasting synthetic rubbish, you can almost taste the industrial vat it was brewed in. I can’t honestly remember this particular lemonade from younger years, but I do remember the famous advert.

I used to eat a whole SL chocolate cake in one sitting when I was a teenager. I wish I could now!
I'm glad im not the only one, id eat one with squirty cream then wonder why I'd feel sick.

Have you seen the size of the new Romantica? It’s like half the size of the original and almost a tenner. It also tastes absolutely rotten
No I didnt even know they still sold them in the UK!

Arizona - the Proenza Schouler perfume.

Also, LPQ (Le Pain Quotidien) - the Dublin restaurant shut down during the pandemic. A real pity.
I have a big bottle of Arizona, I felt so fancy buying it from Selfridges. I use is very sparingly though as I will be gutted when I run out,

I'm glad im not the only one, id eat one with squirty cream then wonder why I'd feel sick.
A Dominoes pizza and chocolate cake for me. Never felt sick, it was bliss! Everyone used to be astounded at how much I could eat and still stay tiny - mind you I swam every day and was very active so not that amazing!

Orbitz. They were, generally speaking, gross and unsettling though I recall liking the coconut one. Sort of a British variety of bubble tea. They're just very representative of the 90s to me.

Ooooh…
Snowballs
Marble cake
Scampi and lemon Nik Naks
Minced beef crispy pancakes
Roast beef frozen dinners
Salsa with mesquite kettle chips
Ice mint strips - great for me as I had braces for years!

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Reactions: 3
Ooooh…
Snowballs
Marble cake
Scampi and lemon Nik Naks
Minced beef crispy pancakes
Roast beef frozen dinners
Salsa with mesquite kettle chips
Ice mint strips - great for me as I had braces for years!

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺
Minced beef crispy pancakes are back, I have some in my freezer. Asda and Tesco stock them. And they taste similar to how they used to!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Nestle Curiously Strawberry cereal....so addictive but for some reason, they've discontinued it ☹

Body Shop grapefruit shampoo for greasy hair. Smelled divine, and actually worked on greasy hair, this was a lifesaver for me in my younger years!

Bar Six. Much better than a Kit Kat.

Kettle Bites mozarella and pesto flavour lentil curls. I emailed the company to ask if they were coming back, a lovely CS girl replied, saying that they weren't very popular and so there weren't any plans to bring them back. She attached some vouchers (a fiver's worth!) to try their "other products", hoping that I'd find something else to enjoy ♥♥

Betty Crocker's (vegetarian) Bacon Bits. These were banned in the UK (along with Morning Star veggie bacon), because they contain GMO's. I honestly don't care, bring on the bacon-flavoured, genetic freakery!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.