Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watsit Wafflers
Vanilla coke (not zero)
Jolly ranchers
💙💚💙💚💙💚
they still sell jolly ranchers at the corner shop near me! if you don't happen to live in my corner of se london 😂 any online place selling american food sells them

Reactions: 2
Charlie blue the deodeant/body spray ... reminds me of my mum ❤
Same, my Mam used to wear it in the 80’s 🥰

Thinking about deodorants and body sprays, I’m so fed up with the same few brands available in the UK. We seemed to have a better selection when I was younger.

I loved
- Mum deodorant - I think the roll on is still available.
- Secret antiperspirant - I think that’s still available in the US
- One that was really popular when I was a teenager was called AO or something like that. Anyone else remember it? I think it was an antiperspirant body spray.
The ad was like a jungle theme I think 🤔

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Disco crisps 😭😭

That was my favourite! I can smell it now, teen dreams 🥰 this thread is amazing!

So nostalgic reading this thread...

The one thing i had the strongest yearn for when i saw this thread was the Sky Ice Cream Bar. It was 99p so v expensive back in the day and something my aunt would get me when she was minding me.

Reading through the replies has made me think of so many memories!
I'm wearing exclamation now. Still around on Amazon. Takes me back to when I discovered it in 1990.

Reactions: 3
I miss Lilt Light. It didn't seem to be around for long at all. I'm thirsty just thinking about it.

Reactions: 1
I was a Lynx Java teen for a while. Way better than Lynx Africa yet disappeared. Right Guard Sport (green can) and Gilette Wild Rain (green again) were also faves. Used a shop's own brand when suggested by a work colleague as I didn't want to offend and I may as well have sprayed toilet freshener under my arms. Minging.

Boots All-day Breakfast sandwich made with baked bean bread. The bread was a lovely orange colour and the sandwich was stuffed with egg mayo, bacon, sausage and tomato relish. Very unhealthy but yummy.

Boots All-day Breakfast sandwich made with baked bean bread. The bread was a lovely orange colour and the sandwich was stuffed with egg mayo, bacon, sausage and tomato relish. Very unhealthy but yummy.
Boots used to do a sandwich with a sort of orange slightly spicy mayo, kidney beans and lettuce on brown bread - I loved it.

Tudor crisps. I grew up on them ❤. The only flavour I disliked was kipper but they didn’t last long.

Same, my Mam used to wear it in the 80’s 🥰

Thinking about deodorants and body sprays, I’m so fed up with the same few brands available in the UK. We seemed to have a better selection when I was younger.

I loved
- Mum deodorant - I think the roll on is still available.
- Secret antiperspirant - I think that’s still available in the US
- One that was really popular when I was a teenager was called AO or something like that. Anyone else remember it? I think it was an antiperspirant body spray.
The ad was like a jungle theme I think 🤔
Natrel? I’m sure that had a jungle themed ad

Reactions: 6
I don't know when this happened, probably quite a while ago now, but I find lots of sweets nowadays in the UK don't taste as good, especially things like haribo

Reactions: 5
It took me a good 20 years to get over this.
I always wondered why Walkers were the exception. I just assumed it had always been thus. Used to love Roast Ox Walkers but only used to get a pack when I helped clear the glasses (as a youngster) at my mum and dad's social club. Never saw them anywhere else and beef and onion wasn't the same.

Remember when walkers salt and vinegar where in the blue pack and cheese and onion where green? Think they changed it when I was young 5 or so.
Wasn't that Golden Wonder crisps rather than Walkers, or did they change to match Golden Wonder?

I don't know when this happened, probably quite a while ago now, but I find lots of sweets nowadays in the UK don't taste as good, especially things like haribo
Curse of the 'new improved recipe'

Dairy Milk has fallen victim to this

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.