Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Original Trio bars. They've made a comeback but don't taste the same.

Reactions: 7
I wish the Kitchen Reject Shop would come back, I used to love finding all sorts of nifty home gadgets and stuff for home decor in there

Reactions: 3
The advert 🤩
Was it Susie with the extendable mouth? Loved a Trio. I had a few hospital visits as a child and at the end of each one, Mum would always buy me a Star Bar as a present. Loved them too. Does anyone remember Widgets? They were like a very small choc chip biscuit as a playground snack in the 80s.

Trios, Clubs, Digestives switched from animal fat to vegetable fat in the late 90s or early 00s which definitely explains the taste difference.
Clubs use to be so thick with chocolate that they could have been used as actual club weapons. You ever seem to find the raisin and biscuit ones anymore either 🧐

I make school cake at home, never lasts more than a day! I remember it served with pink, green or chocolate custard with a thick skin on it back in the 80's 🤣

If anyone wants the recipe, this is the one I use, it's foolproof!

I tried this recipe last weekend and it was AMAZING! Brought back school memories. 🙂🙂🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Golden Cup bars. Haven't see them for years. When I left first school to go to middle school around 1980 our class teacher gave us all a fairly biggish bar each. Must of cost him quite a lot as there were 30 odd kids in the class.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.