Discontent #8 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thats around what we used to spend on the supreme quilted, I know some say theres barely a diff to own brand but imo there def is.
I don't have anything to compare it to as I shop about 95% own brand, I guess it seems very expensive since everything has gone up in cost.

Reactions: 1
I've just seen 9 Andrex quilted toilet rolls for £6.75 :eek:, that's nearly double own brand price.
I get toilet roll from Home Bargains, a pack of 32 rolls for about £8! I think the brand is called Nicky, it's got green packaging with a rabbit on it. Lasts ages cos there's only me and my daughter at home!

Reactions: 5
I get toilet roll from Home Bargains, a pack of 32 rolls for about £8! I think the brand is called Nicky, it's got green packaging with a rabbit on it. Lasts ages cos there's only me and my daughter at home!
I’ve been using this for years it was £6.99 for 32 rolls and has now gone up to £8.79 where I am.

Reactions: 1
Was able to book a meter reader to come and take a reading. Seems they didn't get the last photo I took of the meter. Hopefully if I see him I'll watch how he does it so I can do it myself.

It doesn't get reported enough how much the gas price has fallen from the peak. I don't think at this rate the government is subbing prices. Although this could change very quickly.

Screenshot_20221017_111624.jpg

Reactions: 3
I was too cheap to buy another Oodie for my other sister but bought her the M&S adult hooded blanket for £25 instead of £69. She has no complaints.

They also had teddy sheets in store around £17.50 for a double.

I brought some fleecy pjs in matalan. Pink cheetah/leopard spots.

Put it on after my shower last night. OMG I was melting within 5 minutes.

Energy support is being scaled back to April 2023 and not the two years that they promised.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Energy support is being scaled back to April 2023 and not the two years that they promised.
This is just shocking, I was relieved to not have to worry about my bills rising for two years and now have this to worry about on top of my remortgage. I hope they have a clear conscience when middle earners, exempt from any help or support but not rich enough to cope, top themselves

Reactions: 21
This is just shocking, I was relieved to not have to worry about my bills rising for two years and now have this to worry about on top of my remortgage. I hope they have a clear conscience when middle earners, exempt from any help or support but not rich enough to cope, top themselves
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I strongly believe that they want to squeeze the middle earners to exploit them as much as possible.

Once you won't be able to afford anything much, you will be forced to accept any job and any living conditions.

Reactions: 10
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I brought some fleecy pjs in matalan. Pink cheetah/leopard spots.

Put it on after my shower last night. OMG I was melting within 5 minutes.
I've heard it's going to be 23 degrees by Halloween. Thought they were taking the piss but they seemed to be serious. Said they'd seen it on the news. Time will tell....🥴😂🤣

Reactions: 4
I've heard it's going to be 23 degrees by Halloween. Thought they were taking the piss but they seemed to be serious. Said they'd seen it on the news. Time will tell....🥴😂🤣
It was hot today when I went outside to dig up some weeds, I was shocked! Must have been at least 16degrees. It's been quite mild all week here.

It was hot today when I went outside to dig up some weeds, I was shocked! Must have been at least 16degrees. It's been quite mild all week here.
I keep wearing my big coat to do the school run then regretting it all the way home as I'm sweating!!!
I walked my 5yo down to rainbows early this evening and the sun was really quite hot. Goes off quite chilly very quickly as the sun sets though

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.