Discontent #7 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The primark fleece lined leggings are absolutely amazing - I buy a few pairs every winter and they are literally the warmest things ever.
I agree! I bought 2 pairs of these last year and they are fab! I also really rate the primark thick thermal tights, they're such good quality for the price and sooo warm.

Reactions: 3
I agree! I bought 2 pairs of these last year and they are fab! I also really rate the primark thick thermal tights, they're such good quality for the price and sooo warm.
Yes I have those too for those frosty dark mornings going to work. I like to wear dresses and these stop the icy cold making your legs go numb.

• Heart
Overhead in lidl they are bringing in limits on all items. No date but the area manager had told the staff at our local store
Literally not enough stock in our lidls for them to need limits at the moment...the place has been empty the last few times I went in. Nothing on the shelves it was awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry if this has been asked, but what are people's experiences with weighted blankets (the ones with glass beads)? Are they warmer/ do you sleep better with them? And does it matter if it's cotton/ polyester? Thanks!

Reactions: 1
Did some shopping in Asda on Monday and the handheld scanner kept flagging up certain items as only allowing a maximum of 3. Sure it wasn't like that last week.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Literally not enough stock in our lidls for them to need limits at the moment...the place has been empty the last few times I went in. Nothing on the shelves it was awful.
Shocking today in Lidl! Very few bits of manky veg, I got the last multi pack of own brand beans, limited dairy items ect. It's been like this for months, but seems to be getting worse!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My energy supplier has put my bill down by £40 per month 🙌 all be it, it has still risen 110% since my fix ended.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Shocking today in Lidl! Very few bits of manky veg, I got the last multi pack of own brand beans, limited dairy items ect. It's been like this for months, but seems to be getting worse!
I've given up on Lidl, so little stock in my local, the app offers were crap. At least I got the free bakery item, £2 and £10. But now they are even worse with the new targets to hit. I was fed up of having to always go to Asda for the shopping I couldn't get at lidl, so now I'm just shopping at Asda. Its saves on diesel and with my blue light 10% and the asda rewards I've not noticed any increase in my shop.

Agreed. Our Lidl very bare shelves, plus low stock in the freezers. We ended up at Sainsbury's and thought the prices were not too bad with more choice everything was in stock for us.

Sainsburys was like Armageddon has hit today. Back to lockdown vibes. They had my crunchie bars tho so not all is lost 🤣🙈💀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry if this has been asked, but what are people's experiences with weighted blankets (the ones with glass beads)? Are they warmer/ do you sleep better with them? And does it matter if it's cotton/ polyester? Thanks!
I got 1 start of the Year, I found it made my bed warmer. I had a couple of Nights where I slept better but thats all.
So many people say it helps though so I think i'm rare

Reactions: 2
I love mine. I think it does make it warmer just because it traps your body heat in.

I would go for cotton over polyester, but I got a linen one and it is a hundred times nicer than my cotton one.

-----

Eon have told me my direct debit needs to go from £168 a month to £3,921.

So that is lovely.

I called them and they aren't sure why the estimate is so high but they would look into it, but we must pay while they look into it. I told them they can look into it first.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I bought my husband one for Christmas. He likes to always have covers on him but gets too hot with the winter duvet(plus he works shifts). The only thing is it weighs a tonne, as I had to get an 11kg one as they are supposed to be 10% of your body weight or something. I struggle moving it some times 😆

Yes, warmer! Mine goes on top of my feather duvet.
Yes, better sleep!
I'd imagine that polyester might get a bit sweaty?

The advice I'd give, based on my experience is:
1) mine is a single and I think 10kg. I really struggle to move it around. Lighter might have been more practical.
2) mine doesn't have a cover. Get one with a cover. I have been driving mine around for the best part of the month meaning to find a launderette who can wash & dry a 10kg [when dry] blanket because my machine certainly can't 😂
3) as mentioned, mine is a single. I really, really wish it was a double (even though it'd be crazy heavy). What happens is I get into bed under it and it's lovely, but during the night I roll over a few times etc and it ends up in a long blanket sausage barrier down the middle of the bed as if we're having marital difficulties 😂 This then means that we're both sort of pinned down by the weighty sausage on top of the duvet, and I'm no longer under it.
4) Storage over the summer/ when not in use can be tricky because of it weighing so much - I can't lift it up high, it doesn't really squash down in a vacuum bag, and just folding it is a massive effort! My most successful solution was to have it flat under the mattress on top of the bed frame.

The thing was a very well-meant gift, but I'd honestly rather have waited (weighted!) and had input into it, even with the extra outlay. I'd have definitely have chosen something with a cover!!! 😂

• Haha
Could someone please tell my body to stop acting as if it's sub-zero? I've been cold for days, but we have about 21°C everywhere, so there's no reason at all to feel cold, it's a perfectly good room temperature. I'm sitting here with tea and an extra cardigan, which is normally winter attire for me and I still can't seem to get warm. I don't want to switch on the heating if it's clearly my body being stupid rather than actually cold.
Maybe it's the kind if warmth. I have been sat in the conservatory today (radiant heat from sun). Not sure what you would call the rest of the unheated house.
It was cold yesterday in the house but warmer outside.

The primark fleece lined leggings are absolutely amazing - I buy a few pairs every winter and they are literally the warmest things ever.
What is the fit like on the waist - small fitting, just right or big fitting? And do they shrink when washed? I find a lot of their clothing shrinks in the wash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Maybe it's the kind if warmth. I have been sat in the conservatory today (radiant heat from sun). Not sure what you would call the rest of the unheated house.
It was cold yesterday in the house but warmer outside.
YES!!!!! Why is this please?? My house is bleeping freezing, then I go outside and it’s a hot day. WHY?! 🥶

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I bit the bullet and ordered a genuine Oodie the other day. Got it on sale for £54. I previously had bought a cheaper one from Online Home Shop. Well there is no comparison. The Oodie is thicker, warmer and much better quality. Would definitely recommend. Yes, they’re not cheap, but you get what you pay for and if they save on heating then they’re worth it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.