Discontent #7 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just realised that the change in seasons means I can washing out to dry on the line now hayfever has hopefully finished for the year. Only snag is being organised enough in the mornings to be up and able to hang it out before leaving for work 🤣

Reactions: 6
Its definitely still doable to dry outside. I put an eco wash on in the evening and peg out at 7am. It definitely needs the full day now but also even if it doesnt fully dry outside its less time in the dryer or on airers!
I agree. I'm still putting mine outside too, like mentioned above, if the ground is dry your washing will dry. I bloody love line dried washing I'm not ready to give it up yet for the rest of the year 😅

Reactions: 12
Does anyone have a soup maker?
I do but I'm not rating it. I put lentils into a lot of my soups and I keep finding them stuck to the bottom and burnt so it ruins the taste of the whole lot. I've also got the bigger one and it still doesn't make enough really. There's 5 of us and for a lunch etc it's only a small bowl each. I've gone back to a pan and then into the liquidiser!

Does anyone else feel like the supermarkets are getting bear again ….for the last week I’ve really struggled to buy fresh meat , nappies in size 6 , bottled water and then just bare parts of some of the shelves ….it’s very odd 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I use Tesco for click and collect and there's things I've been waiting weeks for as they just say they're unavailable. I've been out of cling film for a fortnight now as they only seem to have one option and it's out of stock. Also the dentastix I buy for the dog, had to buy a random brand as the Pedigree ones seem to be permanently out of stock and couldn't even get own brand ones. Lots of own brand cereals unavailable, same with basic biscuits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
It's the first day I've been tempted to put the heating on. Allegedly 18 degrees and I'm freezing. I'm going to get a hot water bottle.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
In the office today, everyone is saying it’s cold. It felt warmer outside when I went for lunch. Bought a new hot water bottle at lunch to keep in my locker

Reactions: 5
In the office today, everyone is saying it’s cold. It felt warmer outside when I went for lunch. Bought a new hot water bottle at lunch to keep in my locker
Oh you've reminded me our office is like a fridge in the winter.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Look how much gas has fallen from the peak, at this rate it's likely the gov intervention to lower the cap won't be needed.

Screenshot_20220920_151539.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I have fingerless gloves in my drawer at work for typing in the winter and lots of the girls in the office have a pashmina on the back of their chair that they wrap around themselves when it's cold. Love looking like a victorian woman at my desk 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I have fingerless gloves in my drawer at work for typing in the winter and lots of the girls in the office have a pashmina on the back of their chair that they wrap around themselves when it's cold. Love looking like a victorian woman at my desk 🙄
I had those at uni when they refused to turn the heating on until October. Also a hideous primani cardi.

I had those at uni when they refused to turn the heating on until October. Also a hideous primani cardi.
My office is a strict no heating before October.

But then they won't turn it off until 1st April so you spent most of March sweating your tits off.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I've genuinely never worked in an office that was warm enough for me. Hate when people trying to use it as encouragement to get back to offices "you'll want to go back in the winter to warm up" 🙄 no thanks, would rather be freezing in the comfort of my own home

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just proper howled at that “Victorian woman” killed me 😂😂😂😂

I’m not very impressed with liz truss comment today about “higher energy bills are a price worth paying and I’m happy to make that difficult decision”

yeah Ok liz when you can afford to take the hit of course you are going to say that ….please ask the people barely covering their bills … choosing between heat & eat …. That comment has really got my back up ….they think the scraps they have thrown us £150 here , £400 there on energy bills that are up considerably more than ever ….they think they deserve golden halos or something!!!!

sickening really sickening!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I saw something in the news yesterday about Octopus reducing their standing charge, as it was a tax on the poor who don't use as much fuel in times like these.
Fat chance of British Gas doing anything like that. 88p a day they suck out of me for the priviledge of having my energy with them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
At an old workplace of mine some colleagues would use space heaters under their desks to warm up! Felt like a minor fire risk if you left one on while on a lunch break 😬

It was chilly in the office today, they refuse to put heating on until October, it's a big ordeal as I work somewhere with several buildings clustered, so when it's on, it's on, when it's off, it's off and takes them ages to power it up etc. I was jealous of my colleague with handwarmers 😩 Luckily I had a cardigan stowed in my desk drawer.

To think 2 weeks ago I was using a desk fan...

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I got the fake oodie from dunelm. They had ones at £18 and ones at £20. I got a £20 one because I preferred the colour and I love it! They have kids ones too can’t remember the price as I didn’t bother - both my boys prefer to run around in shorts even in the winter so I wasn’t wasting money 😂😂 got a big teddy bear blanky for £10 too. Highly recommend!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.