Discontent #7 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NI are so behind with the £400! We haven’t heard a thing but apparently will be live in November 🤦🏻‍♀️

Our revised prices came through overnight. At least with the government intervention they're only putting our DD up from £318 to £362, we were projected to go over £500.

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 07-06-57.png

Reactions: 4
I’ve received nothing and I’m with eon. I only joined them in July, maybe I’m not eligible?
I’m with Eon, joined in May and I had my email overnight. Only estimating my annual useage to go up by £160 a year which was a pleasant surprise. Haven’t had my DD but surely it can’t be much more

Reactions: 3
Just watching Rees-Mogg in the commons it’ll be targeted help going forward the likes of care homes and schools will be offered long term help…I saw earlier there’s going to be a massive overhaul of the benefits system people will be expected to work longer hours unless they fail into a certain criteria if they don’t they’ll have their benefits cut,they need more people economically active …Let’s hope they’ll increase wages so people can afford to work if they’ve childcare costs to take into account.

Reactions: 8
I’m with Eon, joined in May and I had my email overnight. Only estimating my annual useage to go up by £160 a year which was a pleasant surprise. Haven’t had my DD but surely it can’t be much more
Yea I’m eon Next I’ve still heard nothing even about a price rise. Fingers crossed I’ve been forgotten about 😂😂😂😂🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Just watching Rees-Mogg in the commons it’ll be targeted help going forward the likes of care homes and schools will be offered long term help…I saw earlier there’s going to be a massive overhaul of the benefits system people will be expected to work longer hours unless they fail into a certain criteria if they don’t they’ll have their benefits cut,they need more people economically active …Let’s hope they’ll increase wages so people can afford to work if they’ve childcare costs to take into account.
The thing is for some people there are no incentives to work longer because of benefits. The other problem is the cost and availability of childcare. School holidays are a nightmare with a lot of clubs only 9-3. The best I could find is 8-5 which doesn't help if you finish at 5 and need to commute home.

Reactions: 10
This government need to duck off. How can you be forced into working more hours if you have children and can’t afford the extra childcare? What if you have an ill parent who needs looked after? Forcing the poorest of society into more hardship while removing the cap on bankers bonuses 😂 if you didn’t laugh you’d cry. Nothing will ever change while Tory’s are in power.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The thing is for some people there are no incentives to work longer because of benefits. The other problem is the cost and availability of childcare. School holidays are a nightmare with a lot of clubs only 9-3. The best I could find is 8-5 which doesn't help if you finish at 5 and need to commute home.
Yes I agree there are lazy scroungers lol but not as many as some like to portray ,it's the working poor that can't afford the extra childcare because they'll be paying out more than they're earnings I'm talking about , there lot's of schools have now taken on the burden of childcare by staying open till 5.30 to accommodate working parents but with 9 to 5 jobs hard to come by what do they expect people to do .

Reactions: 7
Think I’m going to vom. We are waiting for our new build which has been delayed and thanks to those delays we can’t get a mortgage extension and need to reapply and it’s going to cost us £170 a month more. Really hoping it doesn’t increase again between now and end of October 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Think I’m going to vom. We are waiting for our new build which has been delayed and thanks to those delays we can’t get a mortgage extension and need to reapply and it’s going to cost us £170 a month more. Really hoping it doesn’t increase again between now and end of October 😔
I'm sorry to hear that, what a rubbish situation! Are you re-applying with the same lender, or have you considered other lenders too? Just on the off chance a different lender might be able to offer closer to what your original offer stated?

Reactions: 2
I'm sorry to hear that, what a rubbish situation! Are you re-applying with the same lender, or have you considered other lenders too? Just on the off chance a different lender might be able to offer closer to what your original offer stated?
We have a broker so I’ll ask the question but it’s a bit complicated, we can’t officially ask for the extension (that we have basically been told will be declined) or reapply until we have a better idea of when the house will be ready which we don’t know yet- so probably need to reassess the situation next month! Having had a quick scan of all the major lenders today though doesn’t fill me with hope as they are offering similar

• Heart
We have a broker so I’ll ask the question but it’s a bit complicated, we can’t officially ask for the extension (that we have basically been told will be declined) or reapply until we have a better idea of when the house will be ready which we don’t know yet- so probably need to reassess the situation next month! Having had a quick scan of all the major lenders today though doesn’t fill me with hope as they are offering similar
Can you get a discount on the house if they're causing the delay?

Can you get a discount on the house if they're causing the delay?
No it’s built into the contract that they have six months leeway 😩😩 I know people who have had five month delays and zero compensation

honestly i knew a delay was a possibility but back in April when we reserved we didn’t know interest rates would be going up so much. Luckily we haven’t borrowed close to our limit, I would imagine some people have had this issue and are unable to secure their mortgage amount due to affordability 😔

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Yea I’m eon Next I’ve still heard nothing even about a price rise. Fingers crossed I’ve been forgotten about 😂😂😂😂🤷🏽‍♀️
Ok so they didn’t forget about me 😂😂😂. But I currently pay £80 a month DD as my usage was just under £40 but I was worried that we’d be stung… so my DD decreases and the overall cost hasn’t gone up by as much as I worried it would - I guess we are really lucky. I WFH and I’m going into the office from December so hopefully it will come down a bit again.

we also get the credit so if it is reducing by £67 a month surely my DD isn’t just going to be £4 🤔😯

Attachments

Jesus I am sorry. We had a delay too, almost four months but had applied for the mortgage just before the covid support ended so mortgage was honoured for 12 months.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.