Discontent #7 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bit the bullet and ordered a genuine Oodie the other day. Got it on sale for £54. I previously had bought a cheaper one from Online Home Shop. Well there is no comparison. The Oodie is thicker, warmer and much better quality. Would definitely recommend. Yes, they’re not cheap, but you get what you pay for and if they save on heating then they’re worth it.
Seriously considering doing the same. You'll have the genuine ones for years.

Reactions: 1
Sorry if this has been asked, but what are people's experiences with weighted blankets (the ones with glass beads)? Are they warmer/ do you sleep better with them? And does it matter if it's cotton/ polyester? Thanks!
I've not got one but seen them mentioned a lot for children with SEN. I think they say they shouldn't weigh more than 10% of your body weight

NI households will get £100 towards the cost of oil.
I've not got any experience with oil. Is this a helpful amount? Not enough?

Sorry if this has been asked, but what are people's experiences with weighted blankets (the ones with glass beads)? Are they warmer/ do you sleep better with them? And does it matter if it's cotton/ polyester? Thanks!
I used to have one, 10% of my weight. It was good for naps and chilling on the couch on bad mental health days. But I couldn't sleep overnight under it. Too heavy and too hot! Though the too hot could be useful this winter 😅

Reactions: 2
I've not got any experience with oil. Is this a helpful amount? Not enough?

I used to have one, 10% of my weight. It was good for naps and chilling on the couch on bad mental health days. But I couldn't sleep overnight under it. Too heavy and too hot! Though the too hot could be useful this winter 😅
It’s minute 500ltrs is just under £500

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It happens with some medical conditions and it's due to the core being prioritized over the peripheries.

I would suggest fuzzy socks. a thick blanket, fingerless gloves and thermal clothing if you don't want to put the heating on.

I bought my sister these ones:

UNIQLO does good thermal (but thin) clothes too.

I'm sure I've read you're not meant to sleep with weighted blankets, happy to be corrected though. I've never really seen the appeal, is it just a really heavy blanket?

Reactions: 8
If seen people say just put a fleece blanket under and over you under the duvet it’s as good as anything.

Reactions: 3
I'm sure I've read you're not meant to sleep with weighted blankets, happy to be corrected though. I've never really seen the appeal, is it just a really heavy blanket?
I thought that too but all I've seen about is kids so unsure if it's different for adults

@monga thanks for the oil update! Not that £100 will make much of a difference 🙄 I wonder will it be via a voucher hmmmm

@monga thanks for the oil update! Not that £100 will make much of a difference 🙄 I wonder will it be via a voucher hmmmm
I think that’s how they’re going to work it, politicians calling for the executive to get back to business as there’s a pot of gold could go further to help people, think we’ve more chance of catching a leprechaun 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think that’s how they’re going to work it, politicians calling for the executive to get back to business as there’s a pot of gold could go further to help people, think we’ve more chance of catching a leprechaun 😅
Hahahah a bit like this £400 towards electric in November! Heard nothing since they “announced” it lol

Reactions: 4
Hahahah a bit like this £400 towards electric in November! Heard nothing since they “announced” it lol
It’s supposed to be coming in £60 instalments starting from the week after next in theory, how much do you want to bet people won’t see it until half way through winter if at all 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We had an e mail last week asking how we would like to receive it. DD payment to our bank account or as credit on account.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
If seen people say just put a fleece blanket under and over you under the duvet it’s as good as anything.
I have a throw over my 4.5 tog duvet for winter and when it's reeaaalllyy cold I have a teddy duvet cover on.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.