Discontent #7 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been pricing up Oodies and using their BOGOF deal, I can get four for roughly £200 based on my shoody Maths. Is this the best deal to get or should I try and shop around a bit more? Tried my Primark dupe this weekend and I'm not sure it will cut it 🤣

Been pricing up Oodies and using their BOGOF deal, I can get four for roughly £200 based on my shoody Maths. Is this the best deal to get or should I try and shop around a bit more? Tried my Primark dupe this weekend and I'm not sure it will cut it 🤣
I get the unbranded ones. never had a problem they are really warm just bought 4 new ones last week for me and the three granddaughters and come to £55. Put mine on yesterday morning as it was a bit chilly, I only had it on for ten mins and had to take it off as it was far too hot.

Reactions: 3
I get the unbranded ones. never had a problem they are really warm just bought 4 new ones last week for me and the three granddaughters and come to £55. Put mine on yesterday morning as it was a bit chilly, I only had it on for ten mins and had to take it off as it was far too hot.
where did you get them from?

where did you get them from?
When they first came out I got them off eBay from Asian sellers. this was before companies bought them and put their name on them. but I get them from anywhere now. just google hooded blankets and loads of places come up. Amazon is good as you can see the reviews. My last ones were from Homeonline but if you are worried go to the shops so you can physically feel them.

When they first came out I got them off eBay from Asian sellers. this was before companies bought them and put their name on them. but I get them from anywhere now. just google hooded blankets and loads of places come up. Amazon is good as you can see the reviews. My last ones were from Homeonline but if you are worried go to the shops so you can physically feel them.
I ordered off Home Online. Looked thick on the picture but was thin when it arrived and doesn't look like it will wear well.

I ordered off Home Online. Looked thick on the picture but was thin when it arrived and doesn't look like it will wear well.
Mine is a thick one as our the childrens' But that's why its best to go to a shop so you can feel if they are the thickness you like

Reactions: 1
I'll be off to Primark next month as that's the only time due to work, I'm going to keep an eye out for their oodies. I have 2 oversized jumpers from hugehoods.con which I love. Nice and snuggley especially with the hood up

It’s so cold this morning. Oodie on and not moving 🤣
Wow, where roughly are you? its warm here (north Herts) cold start but now all windows and doors are open

put mine on yesterday for a few minutes and boiled 😂

I think my partner is hinting to put the heating on. He kept asking me this morning if I'd checked the boiler pressure for when the heating goes on. I'm in Wiltshire, kids said they were cold last night but they wee just sleeping in undies and blanket so thats why!

I think you can get a 4 pack for about £200. That is 4 adult sizes though 😩

Has anyone got a dreamland heated throw? I love the look of the Alaskan fur one but at £110 it’s not cheap. They have a more plain blanket style version for £60 but it doesn’t look as cozy or luxurious.

Reactions: 2
It’s a bit chilly here today and yesterday, but not cold enough for heating, however I have cracked out the heated airer to dry things like socks as this week the washing started to smell a bit mouldy as was taking longer to dry. I don’t have space for a tumble dryer. I’ve got the window open to help air the drying clothes too, it has made the house a bit chilly but I’ve started wearing socks and joggers again in the house. I wonder if it feels relatively colder because we’ve had a long summer where it rarely dipped below 18 degrees? It’s not that cold but it just feels sudden, if that makes sense?

Reactions: 11
Has anyone got a dreamland heated throw? I love the look of the Alaskan fur one but at £110 it’s not cheap. They have a more plain blanket style version for £60 but it doesn’t look as cozy or luxurious.
Yes I have this one, had it 2 winters now and it’s gorgeous. So soft. Washes really well too.

Ah thank you. I don’t mind investing if it’s good quality. I work from home alone during the day and would rather use a heated throw than heat the whole house

Reactions: 2
Ah thank you. I don’t mind investing if it’s good quality. I work from home alone during the day and would rather use a heated throw than heat the whole house
This was my reasoning too. Cheaper to heat me than the whole house. I have several medical issues and the heat helps too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I bought a fake ‘oodie’ from Amazon, I think it was about £14! I then incidentally was gifted a proper Oodie!! I genuinely can’t tell the difference between them.
I’ve had the fire on today, don’t want to put the heating on just yet 🙈 once I start, I’ll want to pop it on all the time!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’ve had to put the heating on for an hour or 2 the last few days. The temperature has dropped here (central Scotland). I woke up cold 2 nights so put the extra blanket on. I would normally have the heating on with gay abandon so not grudging myself having it in on to take the chill off as it’s still cutting back and my bill is based on me being an above average user anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.