Discontent #7 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered 3 oodies the other day, one for me and the kids one each.

I have a generic Amazon one at the moment so Im intrigued to see if the branded is any better.
Let us know what you think please, I’ve also been thinking of getting the genuine oodie one but it’s a lot to spend if my Amazon one is just the same 😂

Reactions: 1
I’ve had to put the heating on for an hour or 2 the last few days. The temperature has dropped here (central Scotland). I woke up cold 2 nights so put the extra blanket on. I would normally have the heating on with gay abandon so not grudging myself having it in on to take the chill off as it’s still cutting back and my bill is based on me being an above average user anyway
I'm usually the same with heating but trying to hold off for now. I'm in Scotland as well and it got cold but apparently the temperature in my house is still 19.5, why am I so cold then 😭

Reactions: 4
Has anyone got a dreamland heated throw? I love the look of the Alaskan fur one but at £110 it’s not cheap. They have a more plain blanket style version for £60 but it doesn’t look as cozy or luxurious.
I have the Dreamland Alaskan fur one and it’s lovely - very warm and good quality.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve had to put the heating on for an hour or 2 the last few days. The temperature has dropped here (central Scotland). I woke up cold 2 nights so put the extra blanket on. I would normally have the heating on with gay abandon so not grudging myself having it in on to take the chill off as it’s still cutting back and my bill is based on me being an above average user anyway
Im the same. Central Scotland and would fire the heating on whenever I fancied it. We have a hive and Id boost it loads outwith the usual schedule.

It was 4 degrees here the other day and I have so far resisted putting it on. Still showing as zero hours on my hive app. Not sure how much longer I can hold off but Id like to get to October.

Reactions: 5
I’ve had the heating on a few days this week, just for an hour or two each day, as the house has felt cold. I’ve definitely been more cautious than usual, as previously I would have it on all day without a thought. I’m not going to sit miserable and cold though with no heating at all. Never been someone who says they won’t have it on until x date - if it’s cold then it’s cold, regardless of what the calendar says. I have managed to refrain today, as wearing a blanket hoodie I recently bought and some warm slippers, which is keeping me comfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve had the heating on a few days this week, just for an hour or two each day, as the house has felt cold. I’ve definitely been more cautious than usual, as previously I would have it on all day without a thought. I’m not going to sit miserable and cold though with no heating at all. Never been someone who says they won’t have it on until x date - if it’s cold then it’s cold, regardless of what the calendar says. I have managed to refrain today, as wearing a blanket hoodie I recently bought and some warm slippers, which is keeping me comfortable.
Our house isnt that cold atm so I can definitely manage without. When I said October I'l only be able to stick it out if temps stay the way they are 🙊 if they dip then my heating will click on of its own accord.

Im finding it chilly first thing and in the eve at the mo so I know it will heat up or Ill be going to bed but I wont sit in the day cold.

Let us know what you think please, I’ve also been thinking of getting the genuine oodie one but it’s a lot to spend if my Amazon one is just the same 😂
I will if I ever get it Evri have it atm 🤯

• Haha
  • Heart
I got an Amazon oodie last Christmas and recently got gifted an official oodie. The Amazon oodie is lovely and kept me warm but the official oodie is definitely more weighty and thick so hoping it feels warmer this winter

I grew up in a house that was very liberal with heating. Normally I would have had the heating on as the house is cold but trying to hold off for now (I feel the cold a lot so it’s difficult).

have a old single duvet which I’ve dug out and going to use it as my sofa blanket. Might get one of those teddy duvet covers for extra comfort

I'm usually the same with heating but trying to hold off for now. I'm in Scotland as well and it got cold but apparently the temperature in my house is still 19.5, why am I so cold then 😭
We're Devon and it feels cold here too, house was at 19 this morning. It was 10 outside

Im exactly the same, if mine dips to 18 I feel it’s like Antarctica. My thermostat would be set to 23 which is an improvement btw. With my old boiler it would be 30😂

I echo what a lot of you are saying, if it’s cold the heating is going on

• Heart
My partner and I bought the Oodie dupes from Primark today (The Snuddie? Mine was £14 and my partner’s was £17) and they’re both lovely and warm - I had to take mine off after 10 mins but granted it’s not actually cold yet. I’m in the West Midlands and the last few mornings have been noticeably chillier, my house was 15 degrees this morning, but it’s warmed up during the day.

Reactions: 9
I saw this on Facebook and thought I would just share it here in case it comes in helpful for anybody. I’ve not actually tried the site out myself yet but I will give it a go for sure.

D2B9C322-1273-48D0-B839-2C2F3B20703E.jpeg

I saw this on Facebook and thought I would just share it here in case it comes in helpful for anybody. I’ve not actually tried the site out myself yet but I will give it a go for sure.

View attachment 1589320
i tried it, it’s okay but it doesn’t update fast enough imo. The prices for Asda weren’t correct (I shop there every week) and I couldn’t find some items. I think it could work if you buy branded items though to check where is the cheapest or if you buy for a lot of people. It didn’t work for me personally

I cracked out some extra warm socks today, my feet are icy! It's 11°C outside, all the sensors in the house say it's above 21° inside, but it looks so gloomy that I feel cold :rolleyes:. Might need to switch the heating on in the bathroom already though, it's the coldest room in the flat and I find it gets this damp smell fast when it's colder outside. I'm also waiting to hear back from the landlord about adjusted payments for heating (you pay a forecasted amount for heating to them directly here, and they'll send you a real receipt with actual usage after a year). Currently paying 150€/month and I heard some horror stories from some getting an adjusted payment due to the high prices that tripled....

Im still line drying clothes most of the time. Its went a bit milder here and due to be the same all week. Lows of 4 degrees on Saturday but back up to lows of 8. Ive been really busy this morning getting chores done so Im actually quite warm.

Going out to cut the grass in a minute.

Reactions: 3
Im still line drying clothes most of the time. Its went a bit milder here and due to be the same all week. Lows of 4 degrees on Saturday but back up to lows of 8. Ive been really busy this morning getting chores done so Im actually quite warm.

Going out to cut the grass in a minute.
My husband thinks now it is September and only 10 degrees out it is too cold to line dry.

He won't listen that so long as the ground is dry theu will dry! Might just take a bit longer than in summer.

I can't get the whirlygig up on my own, it's too stiff 🙄

So I have resorted to putting clothes on a folding airer and putting that outside. At least if it rains I can grab the whole thing in one go and bring it in.

My husband thinks now it is September and only 10 degrees out it is too cold to line dry.

He won't listen that so long as the ground is dry theu will dry! Might just take a bit longer than in summer.

I can't get the whirlygig up on my own, it's too stiff 🙄

So I have resorted to putting clothes on a folding airer and putting that outside. At least if it rains I can grab the whole thing in one go and bring it in.
Have you tried WD40 on the pole and button etc?

Have you tried WD40 on the pole and button etc?
It's quite stiff as it's fairly new. I think it's more the strings are quite tight as I can lift it to a certain point then I can't get it high enough to click in

Its definitely still doable to dry outside. I put an eco wash on in the evening and peg out at 7am. It definitely needs the full day now but also even if it doesnt fully dry outside its less time in the dryer or on airers!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.