Discontent #7 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m hoping it’s this thread someone has which? membership and posts the best of each item - would you mind posting the best irons and best floor steamers pls? 🤞🙏🏻

This is our Air Fryer, I like the oven style as you can see the food cooking & it has quite a few different settings https://storam.co.uk/product/10-in-...3sADU6oPYtknOLEoI00kXa5-m59Z_SyEaAnDlEALw_wcB
Mine is very like this one. my only fault with it is that I wish the door was a swing one because I have to have the oven pulled forward to open it properly I got rid of my normal cooker and used the space for a lovely large fridge I now have an electric saucepan, electric frying pan type thing, slow cooker, instant pot and the air fryer.

I would get rid of my saucepans and frying pans etc but keep them in case the power goes down and I will still be able to cook on the camping stove or BBQ.

If I had the money I would open my fireplace and get a log burner oven .

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have a soup maker?
I do, my mum bought me one for Christmas last year. It makes soup from start to finish in 23 minutes, I find it really good for using up all the forgotten veg past its best to make vegetable soup for my lunches. I haven't used it over the summer but I've got it out and cleaned it ready to use up all the veg left in the fridge over the weekend

Reactions: 3
I’m hoping it’s this thread someone has which? membership and posts the best of each item - would you mind posting the best irons and best floor steamers pls? 🤞🙏🏻
Not the same but they have reviews here too:

I usually just read Amazons and their highest rated products. Our iron is from Russel hobbs, my sister has travel John lewis own brand. No problems with each.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not the same but they have reviews here too:

I usually just read Amazons and their highest rated products. Our iron is from Russel hobbs, my sister has travel John lewis own brand. No problems with each.
Thank you so much, had assumed it’d all be paywalled so didn’t even bother to search 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t go down the Amazon review route cos I end up spending hours looking at it all, need to pass this task off to a higher power to decide for me! 😂

My old one is Russel Hobbs and was good-ish but I won’t buy from them after they gifted Jack Monroe a new kettle looool #petty

Ah sorry just noticed that I posted the wrong link earlier. You are correct the which stuff is behind the paywall for members only when I checked, but these aren’t. I think it’s all the same to be honest.

• Heart
So, Ovo sent me an email a few weeks ago asking me to increase my direct debit from £107 to £164, which I did. Just had a direct debit confirmation email from them confirming the amount is £107. I’m confused! I wonder if it has gone back to £107 to include the £400 government support? Would have been helpful if they had also sent an email explaining what’s going on.

Why do they invent devices to make the easier things ?😅 I didn't even know it exists (I am not British).
I feel the same about bread makers, egg cookers, herb scissors and vegetable spiralizer might be worth it though as it might be cheaper to run.

Reactions: 5
Thank you so much, had assumed it’d all be paywalled so didn’t even bother to search 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t go down the Amazon review route cos I end up spending hours looking at it all, need to pass this task off to a higher power to decide for me! 😂

My old one is Russel Hobbs and was good-ish but I won’t buy from them after they gifted Jack Monroe a new kettle looool #petty
My local library used to have a subscription to Which. I need to go soon to look things up so hope they still do them. Will probably screenshot what I need out of them.

• Heart
I've gotten headphones as a gift and they come with the coolest feature: they charge on solar power all the time, the piece going over the head is where the charging happens.
Cool, usable gift and they charge even in very low light, the past days I had to have lights on nearly the whole day.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Thank you for all the which help - I’ve ended up using a good housekeeping article which makes me feel like Hyacinth Bucket (sp??).

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else feel like the supermarkets are getting bear again ….for the last week I’ve really struggled to buy fresh meat , nappies in size 6 , bottled water and then just bare parts of some of the shelves ….it’s very odd 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Does anyone else feel like the supermarkets are getting bear again ….for the last week I’ve really struggled to buy fresh meat , nappies in size 6 , bottled water and then just bare parts of some of the shelves ….it’s very odd 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
yeah I have had this experience. There's a distinct lack of the own brand products too. They haven't had own brand soya milk for what feels like ages

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.