Discontent #5 food, energy, transport, cost of living etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a money saving person on the radio saying yo sushi is good because children can eat for free 🤦‍♀️. That hardly computes because an adult has to spend to get that "freebie"
Was probably an undeclared ad/partnership 🙄

Reactions: 4
What did you get the teachers @fireflies ?. I was quite pleased to get some swanky note books less than half price 💁‍♀️.
Why do you need to buy the teachers anything? This baffles me (I'm child free). I think that's something that needs parents or teachers to put a stop to.

Reactions: 15
Why do you need to buy the teachers anything? This baffles me (I'm child free). I think that's something that needs parents or teachers to put a stop to.
Yes I agree with your statement. I have teacher friends who say the last thing they need are 30 mugs from the card factory. In my case its driven by the kids discussing it with their class mates and wanting to give something as a thank you. I try and give useful things like note books or nice hand gel.

Reactions: 9
One of the teachers at my child's school retired and she asked for donations towards the fund for new playground equipment. She probably didn't want lots of tat.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes I agree with your statement. I have teacher friends who say the last thing they need are 30 mugs from the card factory. In my case its driven by the kids discussing it with their class mates and wanting to give something as a thank you. I try and give useful things like note books or nice hand gel.
Ah, that will be why you see lots of Best Teacher mugs in the charity shops over the summer :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've just cancelled our sky subscription. Will save us over £40 a month.
We might limit our other streaming services to 1 every 3 months and just save up a list of this we want to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We might limit our other streaming services to 1 every 3 months and just save up a list of this we want to watch.
We're doing this also. A tiny bit of hassle setting reminders to do it. At least then when we have the sub and a list it's less overwhelming to choose what to watch.

Although if everyone does this streaming services will be in trouble.

Reactions: 5
We don't usually buy anything but did this year as my eldest has left for secondary, it was only a £2 box of biscuits for the staff room and a card

Reactions: 3
I still haven’t forgiven them for cancelling the OA. I’ve never paid for my account just shared my father’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
In my child's school we have a parents WhatsApp group and one parent manages the gift we all send 5/10 euro via revolut/cash and get one large voucher for the teacher with a card signed from all the kids.

In my child's school we have a parents WhatsApp group and one parent manages the gift we all send 5/10 euro via revolut/cash and get one large voucher for the teacher with a card signed from all the kids.
Yea we did the same. If i was a teacher id appreciate a voucher for pretty much anywhere. 30 kids times even a fiver is a fair bit.

My son’s one to one did get her own pressie tho bcos tbh i doubt he or me would have gotten thru his first yr of secondary without her. And even that was a costa voucher and a big bar of dairy milk!

Someone on Twitter said they were given home made fudge, which was better than all the mugs they receive.

I've a teacher friend who hates with a passion baklava because she was given so much of it. Apparently there was always a box sitting in the staff room.

I’m a teacher and in all honesty I don’t want or expect anything from parents.

But if you are intent on buying something then I’d bloody love glue sticks and laminating pouches! They are like gold dust in my school and quite frankly they would make my school year! 😂😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I never bought presents for my kids's teachers either. My mum was a teacher in a deprived area and she preferred it that the parents spent the money on their own families instead of buying things for her that she didn't really need. Just say thank you, people want to know their work is appreciated more than anything.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.